Genshin Impact

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I don't really have any faith that they will change the resin system either, but maybe, possibly, they will get scared in november when new consoles, cyberpunk 2077, AC valhalla, Godfall, etc, etc all start really taking bites out of their playerbase and not even a new area brings a fraction of them back.

Combine that with continued review bombing and loudly "toxic" forums, they might feel forced to solely for the sake of their image.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the talents are the worst offender out of all resources. It's 9 blue per each upgrade currently for me and I think read it's something like 194 golden books to max. There is zero chance I'd be willing to do that for one character multiple times vs building multiple characters.
There's no way I'll upgrade all the skills on every character. Diluc might get them all, but Venti/Fischl/Barbara definitely aren't getting their basic attack done. I really don't think Fischl's ult is worth leveling either, since the harp books are shared by Fischl and Venti making them even more absurdly scarce.

Traveler is bit weird too, in that each of her 3 upgradable skills per element uses a different book.

Vorph

Dragonspine is just a small sub region, probably the big snowy mountain between Mondstadt and Liyue. The actual region, Inazuma will be in Feb, I suppose. The wording used in v1.1 says "region" but calls it Dragonspine, while the preview video showing all the upcoming regions in order of release has Inazuma being the next (no mention of Dragonspine), so I think its coming in February.
Ah, ok. That's where I got confused. I knew I had read somewhere that the next area was supposed to be in Fatui land so I had assumed it would be cryo. Didn't know that it was only going to be a small region though, that sucks.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
They will tweak resin but it won't go away. Artificial runways exist so players don't burn through content too quickly. Content from a developer PoV can never outpace players, but making dynamic and engaging content will be the big hurdle they need to leap over to keep the game fresh and interesting while players slog through the daily tasks to further their team goals.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Haven't posted in a while been busy playing and RL. So far, still enjoying the game. AR lvl32 with Razor (DPS), C1 Fischl (Support), C1 Xianling (Support), C4 Barb as my team. Razor has 2pc glad/beserk set with max refine debate club. Fischl and Xian both equipped with 4pc instructors set and fischl also has the raven bow for the extra elemental mastery. Barb has exile with the thrilling tales of dragon slayers. The rotation consists of dropping bear and bird, switch to barb then to razor for buff. Razor then charged elemental attack for big damage. Pretty fun. The funny thing is I realized last night I haven't even leveled up my talents so once I do that I should even get some bigger damage numbers.

I had about 5k in gems saved for the new banner but wasn't impressed by it so decided to throw them into the Venti banner since I didn't have him. Managed to pull him but now I'm not sure where to fit him in.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I assumed the next land was the mountain that would fit in with a winter release and cyro element but nothing has been stated. It just made sense to me.

The resin will see some tweaks hopefully. I've seen some good suggestions from providing fragile resin when you log in for the day or for completed dailies and weeklies to compensate for the gap in the bp and also provides players the ability to horde if they want, make the recharge faster, and/or as your AR level goes up the Resin Bank increases in size. They want to generate income through resin/prevent progress but people will spend plenty of money on the banners themselves. It's almost counter intuitive because why would I spend money on a gacha system for a new character when I cant afford to level them up properly. The thing is it's a RPG designed around a gacha system that hasn't been done before. Most if not all gacha systems are not meant to be played and beaten in a week. This is meant to be played every day, a little at a time, with that slow progression. I wish them luck in finding that balance.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the update Gator. I'm about in the same boat as you, still slowly doing dailies and farming resources. 1-2 hours a day, and still F2P. Right about where you are at, AR 33 with Chongyun (DPS), Fischl (DPS/Support), Xiangling (Support), and Barbara (Heals). A couple constellations on Xiangling and Barbara but nothing to write home about. Chongyun has the Bell, but working on an R2 Protoype Animus for him, R5 Slighshot for Fischl, Xianglin has her starting 4*, and the same Dragonslayer book on Barbara.

Couple observations:
- It's good to see that a handful of the 3* weapons still hold up so far, like the Debate Club. Eventually looking to upgrade Slingshot to a crafted bow since 4* will outscale the 3* at some point.
- Like folks have stated before, I'm able to build one team but have no idea what I would do with any of the characters on the new banner so I did the same thing looking for constellation upgrades on the Venti banner. Would much rather prefer to build up the one team I do have.
- I wonder what the plan going forward with the game content will be. There's supposedly 5 more regions to unlock. Assuming they are as packed with quests and content as the previous regions, that's a lot of adventure EXP that will continue to boost up people's world levels. But unless they do some rebalancing, all my farming and resources will continue to go into my main 4 to keep up with that ever-increasing world level. So there becomes even less incentive to get additional characters, unless they do something to streamline that leveling/ascension process.

The only thing I can think of that might solve that issue would be if the level cap doesn't increase from the current max, so people can actually max out a team and then start building another team. But this is a progression game and because Mihoyo is all about extracting from people's wallets, I don't see that happening. There will continue to be level cap increases and people will be forced to spend to keep up.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The only thing I can think of that might solve that issue would be if the level cap doesn't increase from the current max, so people can actually max out a team and then start building another team. But this is a progression game and because Mihoyo is all about extracting from people's wallets, I don't see that happening. There will continue to be level cap increases and people will be forced to spend to keep up.
Pokemon Go has similar mechanics at its core and they have gone without a level increase since the game launched. All they need to do is come up with enemies to force a change in your team rotations and incentivize you to have strong options in every area.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Pokemon Go has similar mechanics at its core and they have gone without a level increase since the game launched. All they need to do is come up with enemies to force a change in your team rotations and incentivize you to have strong options in every area.

That I could totally live with.

One other thing I forgot to mention that I found out from some whale's channel: Once you get your talents up to level 8 or so, you can't upgrade them anymore without a 5* drop that only comes from max level Stormterror at the moment. So there's a hard timegate to it, AND there are several possible drops possible. I don't know how that is supposed to scale up any further, but that seems like a logical point in progression to start diversifying into other characters.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
My results from the Klee banner:

3 Noelle
1 Ningguang
3 Sucrose
2 Xingqiu
1 Sacrificial Sword
1 Klee (#74)

80 total pulls.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I stopped once i pulled a sucrose and a xingqui, i only wanted them for the material crafting bonuses. As much as I like Klee's character, I think I'm just gonna hold out for the next banner.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Not sure I should pull just to get a xingqui for crafting. I have no desire to play Klee and already have a sucrose. I am at around 40 on my pity and if Klee popped out I might be pissed. Pulling for a wolf's gravestone for my Diluc seems fun but ultimately not much better than prototype animus?

Vorph

Not sure I should pull just to get a xingqui for crafting.
Over time, he saves you ~8.33% of your talent book farming. Considering how utterly ridiculous talent upgrades (and associated resin costs) get, that seems decent to me.

Fortunately I don't have to think too much about it, as I got him on my first pity-4* and will just stop there.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I got c2 klee, c3 Noelle and c1 Sucrose w/ 40 pulls. Luck++

Taking all my willpower to not drop $100 and get that max Noelle life. =O

Gator

Molten Core Raider
What do you guys think is the best weapon on the lvl 30 BP? I'm leaning towards the claymore to replace a max refined debate club but not sure if 30% damage increase with 15% damage taken is worth it. The sword probably wouldn't be bad to hold for a character w/ a crit build and I find the bow interesting as well... maybe on Venti or Fischl?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I went Bow against my better judgement. Reason being was, again, resource investment. I have the Animus 2H for Razor and Sacrificial Greatsword or Skyrider Greatsword for Diluc/Chong (and Debate club like you mentioned). Only 1 spear user being Xiang and she has Crescent Pike. No main for the Focus and Book of Dragons seems fine for a support. Sword was what I was debating between and that would have gone on Qiqi. I do have Favonius x2 (can't decide if I want to hold or Refine). So really I could have used a top tier sword because Qiqi just has Fillet Blade. So I probably made a bad decision. Seeing as how I don't even really main an archer and just use Fischl and Venti as support to drop skills and switch back to Razor or Xiang.

Floor 8 Chamber 2 sucks balls for me. I know how to cancel the buffs for mobs but still have issue with the second group Ruin Guard. Going to be fiddling with that all night.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dropped $70 on the banner, which with what I had left over from release and the carry over pity, got me:

1 Klee
3 Xingqui
3 Noelles
1 Sucrose (wanted her the most)
1 Favonis Sword / Book

Made 1 roll on the weapon banner and got the 5* Spear, its so good. Have to wait til tomorrow to lvl it up.

Ran a lot of domains today, without spending resin on rewards, just to see how people played. It is a lot of fun, regardless of the character I played. Doing a few runs with a shielder like Ningguan, then not having her in the party was really noticeable. Also, Venti just shits on everything and the heals that Qiqi can provide are really good.

If Bandai Namco could make a global release of Blue Protocol by next summer, it will kill this game, I think.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went Bow against my better judgement. Reason being was, again, resource investment. I have the Animus 2H for Razor and Sacrificial Greatsword or Skyrider Greatsword for Diluc/Chong (and Debate club like you mentioned). Only 1 spear user being Xiang and she has Crescent Pike. No main for the Focus and Book of Dragons seems fine for a support. Sword was what I was debating between and that would have gone on Qiqi. I do have Favonius x2 (can't decide if I want to hold or Refine). So really I could have used a top tier sword because Qiqi just has Fillet Blade. So I probably made a bad decision. Seeing as how I don't even really main an archer and just use Fischl and Venti as support to drop skills and switch back to Razor or Xiang.

Floor 8 Chamber 2 sucks balls for me. I know how to cancel the buffs for mobs but still have issue with the second group Ruin Guard. Going to be fiddling with that all night.
I think a lot people undervalue the Black Sword because they don't realize how good Crit Rate is, but I'm not sure if that weapon would be ideal for Qiqi vs. Favonis / Sacrificial, unless you use her as main dps? That are the catalyst were the only weapons I considered, I just hope the next BP has the same weapon line up, or a "legacy" refinement item in addition to new weapons.

There is a trick to the Ruin Guard lock on, it works most of the time but I've had not work too. When you see the lock on symbol on you, switch characters (not sure if it has to be before the rockets fire or after, haven't paid attention) and that will stop the rockets tracking you. Just got to Floor 8 myself today, Keqing and Venti carried my teams through 7 (Venti team had the easier time, which was a bit surprising), but only managed 8/9 stars on that first run. Will try Floor 8 after the patch tonight if its not too late.

If anyone wants to sync up their game worlds for Ore sharing, let me know. My UID: 601249720

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do you guys think is the best weapon on the lvl 30 BP? I'm leaning towards the claymore to replace a max refined debate club but not sure if 30% damage increase with 15% damage taken is worth it. The sword probably wouldn't be bad to hold for a character w/ a crit build and I find the bow interesting as well... maybe on Venti or Fischl?
Do you have Beidou? I imagine the BP weapon would be better for her than even Wolfs Gravestone (aside from the base atk). I've been watching a stream who mains her, and that counter if f-ing insane. He has the timing down well enough that he can one shot packs of mobs, doing like 35k dmg. Makes me want to try her out, haha.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Got a Klee after 2 10 pulls so pretty lucky there I guess. She can slot into my "B" Keqing team I suppose.

Basically having no interest in logging into this anymore, which is a shame. Will be happy to play through any content drops, but the pull to play here (coming from other Gacha mobile games) is completely non existent for me. Really strange as the beginning 30 levels were so great, well designed and fun.

Would still recommend to everyone, particularly FTP players and just advise that the game is over at level 30 or so. Everything after that just feels terribly designed imo.

• 1Solidarity