Genshin Impact

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's the damage formula:

Code:
(Base ATK * (1 + ATK%) + FLAT ATK)*(1 + Corresponding Dmg Bonus%)*(Skill Multiplier)*[(100+Character Level)/((100+Character Level) + (100+Enemy Level)*Defence drop)]*(1 - Corresponding Enemy RES%)

"Base ATK" refers to the ATK your character gains naturally from leveling up plus the flat ATK provided to you by your weapon. No other forms of ATK factor into base ATK (not even from the feather) so it's very important to level up your DPSers and their weapons.

Another big takeaway from this is that all damage bonuses are additive. A Keqing with +30% Electro damage and +30% Normal attack damage is getting the same damage bonus on an Electro sword swing as a Keqing with a +60% Electro bonus or a +60% Normal attack damage bonus. These bonuses are multiplicative with ATK, however, so when itemizing your character, you'll want to try to achieve a good balance between ATK% and other damage bonuses.

Crits are absurd because they are multiplicative with all of the above. If you have the gear to go for a high crit build, it's probably worth it.
Probably why I see the black sword do a bit better than the aquila favonis, even with black sword having so much less base atk (on wpn). The crits more than make up for it (with160% crit dmg).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess they are going to throw people a bone with 1.1 by increasing Resin cap to 160, and the weekly BP goal from 1600 to 1200. One small step.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Lmao it already takes like 16 hours to max resin anyways lol so unless they lower time to replenish it's zero change. They could still make a shit ton of money if they just doubled the resin and cut the replenish time in half and give full refills like every other gacha game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The resin change basically does nothing except reduce people's need to play two times a day so they don't hit the cap. I'll just log in one time a day now to burn my resin. Also, we'll be getting another boss in 1.1 so that will take up more of the weekly resin. The resin per week remains the same but the needs for resin go up unless they change more.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Having to be so on top of the game every day that you spend 1200 out of 1260 resin per week is still shitty. I've never played Fortnite but I've played several other games that use the same seasonal track mechanic, and none of them were even remotely difficult to max out before the season ended. All making it a horrible grind that completely fucks you if you miss one day in a week does is make people not want to buy the premium track.

I think the crazy amount of time and resource investment it takes to max out a new character (or weapon, even) is going to bite them in the ass too. People aren't going to want to pull for the new unit if they know it's going to take ages or it's going to gimp their current ones. Already seeing that now with lots of people talking about how they are just pulling for constellations or crafting bonuses and don't really care about getting the "chase" unit. Only real way I can see them preventing people from getting burnt out on new ones is to make the power creep so insane that you have no choice, and that's not sustainable either.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Give up their cash cow? I think not. People will start quitting this shit because of this, they will lose interest. Im already kind of there and not even at end game yet, lol, seeing the mountains one has to climb in this game to make progress.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think their goal with bringing this to consoles and pc was casting a wider net and catching .1% of new whales that way, then switching to the usual mobile game schedule. Right beneath the top layer it is a pure mobile game, and a pretty thin one at that. There's just no way they can keep up any kind of update schedule that would satisfy pc/console gamers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Give up their cash cow? I think not. People will start quitting this shit because of this, they will lose interest. Im already kind of there and not even at end game yet, lol, seeing the mountains one has to climb in this game to make progress.

Yeah, so this is kind of the question I guess. Most gacha games go through this phase. A lot of gacha end up changing their systems, etc, to be more f2p friendly after a few montsh/years. At some point being f2p isn't that bad anymore, usually. At least that was my experience with Dragalia Lost.

I wonder if that will happen with this game as well?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It seems to me that they didn’t expect the game to be as popular as it is or as Mr Creed Mr Creed said, they expanded the platforms to include consoles and PC to cast a wider whale net and accepted that the player base on those platforms would plummet after a few weeks. The business model and progression systems are not anomalous for gacha games. The anomaly is that this game is available on multiple platforms, not just mobile devices.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I do think this game is kind of interesting in that it sort of proves you can do an AAA game across all platforms if you choose an art style that isn't hugely demanding. I think a lot of Japanese devs will take note of this in the future. I could see something like Dragon Quest XII being entirely cross platform if they pick their engine wisely.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
If nothing else, this might get other exploration/botw style games to be made, probably better ones too. The first 20 hours are really high quality, but there just isn't much of it. If you draw an analogy to pc games, this is a very early access. We have 1.5 regions out of 7 right now. But since this is an ongoing service game, they market and treat it as a full launch. On pc and console, that just builds expectations that the game does not meet. That lack of content combined with the gacha elements (resin, gambling) will probably crater the pc audience soon.

I've been treating it as a mobile game first, and in that regard it works fine. It's not one that is worth any money though. I'm gonna bet a significant part of the ridiculous amounts of money they hauled in comes from people that aren't familiar with the genre.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
If nothing else, this might get other exploration/botw style games to be made, probably better ones too. The first 20 hours are really high quality, but there just isn't much of it. If you draw an analogy to pc games, this is a very early access. We have 1.5 regions out of 7 right now. But since this is an ongoing service game, they market and treat it as a full launch. On pc and console, that just builds expectations that the game does not meet. That lack of content combined with the gacha elements (resin, gambling) will probably crater the pc audience soon.

I've been treating it as a mobile game first, and in that regard it works fine. It's not one that is worth any money though. I'm gonna bet a significant part of the ridiculous amounts of money they hauled in comes from people that aren't familiar with the genre.

Immortals: Fenyx Rising is the next one I believe. I'll give it a shot probably.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
So even though there's not very much "new" storywise, I'm still finding corners of the world I haven't explored yet while farming for resources. So it's still got a little bit of that magic left. Plus, I have to admit the combat is still pretty satisfying. Although I'd appreciate if the drop rate on some of the hilichurl items was increased a little.

Some related OC:

1603466258203.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It seems to me that they didn’t expect the game to be as popular as it is or as Mr Creed Mr Creed said, they expanded the platforms to include consoles and PC to cast a wider whale net and accepted that the player base on those platforms would plummet after a few weeks. The business model and progression systems are not anomalous for gacha games. The anomaly is that this game is available on multiple platforms, not just mobile devices.
I still don't understand how there could possibly be a mobile audience for this game at all though. The touch controls are so far beyond just simply 'unplayable' that I don't even have words for it. Just walking around gathering plants and shit is maddening, never mind actually engaging in combat. Not to mention that the game will overheat even high end phones in a fairly short amount of time.

Fortunately, Rainway added official support for the game earlier this week, so there is a solution if you need to play it away from home. You get gamepad controls and little to no heat that way too. Latency hasn't been too bad either, at least on my phone...I still need to give the browser or X1X version of it over the internet to see how that goes. Don't think I'd want to try Abyss, but everything else seems fine.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I still don't understand how there could possibly be a mobile audience for this game at all though. The touch controls are so far beyond just simply 'unplayable' that I don't even have words for it. Just walking around gathering plants and shit is maddening, never mind actually engaging in combat. Not to mention that the game will overheat even high end phones in a fairly short amount of time.

Fortunately, Rainway added official support for the game earlier this week, so there is a solution if you need to play it away from home. You get gamepad controls and little to no heat that way too. Latency hasn't been too bad either, at least on my phone...I still need to give the browser or X1X version of it over the internet to see how that goes. Don't think I'd want to try Abyss, but everything else seems fine.
I can do commissions and over world activities on mobile easily enough. I probably COULD do more challenging domains on mobile, but I haven’t tried because, as you say, the controls are simply better on PC.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I've hit a bit of a wall. Hit AR 30 yesterday, which means WL3. My problem is I'm under leveled, nobody over 40. Now everything is 40+, the mob I need to kill to ascend Barbara is now impossible, as are a few others. I got a commission where I had to chase a hot air balloon down a river and destroy it before it reaches it's destination while being attacked by level 45+ mobs. Half my party was dead and I did less than 25% damage when it poofed.

Feel free to add me, anyone really, UID 610815617 I'm just farming and shit but down for helping out. I'm AR31 - I didn't drop very much in this game, but I've gotten very very lucky with pulls. I have a 1C Venti, Klee, Diluc, and Qiqi and have spent less than $150 on this game. Still way more than the average person does on any game, but I enjoy it so why not. Weapons are my weak point, best I've got is 4 stars. But with all these 5 star characters, I've not had much of an issue with keeping up with WL 3 and can beat that boss you need for Barbara (I presume that's the oceanids?).

For everyone that shits on Klee so much, I actually enjoy her more than Diluc. I'm sure Diluc is probably better, but he needs to be throughly geared to see it, and Xianglang is completely comparable to Diluc in damage. Klee can be very good, even without maxed things.

As I mentioned I'm having no issue at all on WL3 bosses, and Klees artifacts are sub-par at best. My artifacts are level 10/5/8/6/7 on her, and not ideal rolls.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Leveling up your talents, upgrading your feather, then getting a hat/cup/clock with ATK% (ignore set bonuses for now) and maxxing those will decrease the difficulty immensely. I could be misremembering for lower world levels, but when I hit AR40, I had to collect the AR rewards for it to go from WL4 to WL5.

This reminds me, I'm not sure if it's been commented on but ideally, you want to make sure you build proper artifacts, even blue ones. Go for ATK, ATK%, Crit Rate, Crit Damage, and element specifics (eg: Pyro Damage). If you max roll an artifact and it shits out DEF, DEF%, HP, HP% its going to be C tier no matter what, even if it's a 5 star artifact.

What I do is take an existing artifact that already has good sub stats, and roll to 4, if it gives me a good sub stat, roll to 8, if its another good one I'll max it. If its garbage tier, I'll just equip it.

DEF, and DEF% are probably the most useless stats you can have atm.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Maybe this has already been said (I haven't followed the thread too closely), but this game would be great if the monetization wasn't god awful. There should be a continuous, daily, login bonus and have "events" that run 7-14 days. No continuous login is trash. I enjoy the gameplay loop for the most part and the future content is intriguing, but holy shit does it cost a lot just to try and get 1 copy of a character.

Maybe I was just spoiled on Seven Deadly Sins in which you could get a whole lot of value with little money investment. Genshin just seems predatory.

The events so far have been complete garbage tier in this game. There needs to be a crucible style event always, or almost always, and said event should reward you every time you do it (rather than just have a set of rewards, then upon getting them you're done technically). Their next event, get 3 friends to play and upon them getting AR15 you get 60 primogems (up to 3 times, for 180 total) is not an event. It's players doing marketing for you, and your compensation for it being worse than a few hours of server downtime is a slap in the face. Someone needs to teach these idiots how to do events. Their mismanagement of this game is really awful. You want me to market for you? You should give me 200-300 gems per player, not just 60 and limit 3. That's dumb shit. That should also be a continual thing from day 1, and not just some special "event".

This game is predatory, but going into any gacha game, you must know its going to be predatory. PSO2 is probably the only gacha game that isn't that I've played. Genshin does work fine even if you're completely F2P though, it's just that you need to know exactly what you're doing with it. There's a guy on youtube that completed spiral abyss 8-3 being F2P *and* using only the characters you get free. Xiangling, Barbara, Amber, Traveller, Lisa, Kaeya, etc. So it's very possible to do this but the margin for error is considerably less than a player that puts money in the game.

There's another video of a guy comparing a $15 account with a $20,000 account, and the $20,000 account was (obviously!) much better, but not 1300 times better. Maybe just 40-50% better.

This game is very good at giving you the *illusion* that the only way to get ahead is to spend money, but in reality, you just don't have to. It simply makes things easier.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Having to be so on top of the game every day that you spend 1200 out of 1260 resin per week is still shitty. I've never played Fortnite but I've played several other games that use the same seasonal track mechanic, and none of them were even remotely difficult to max out before the season ended. All making it a horrible grind that completely fucks you if you miss one day in a week does is make people not want to buy the premium track.

Sorry for all the unique posts, just caught up on the thread. I also agree on this, the battle pass is obscenely difficult to obtain, even if you wanted to max it, it's a "trap", and sets you up for it.

1. 5500 Original Resin during a BP period: Thats over 733.3 hours of resin recharging, or 30.6 days. Since the BP Period is 30 days, you're not only forced to keep up with your resin so that you never "sit" at 120 from the very start of your gaming experience which is impossible for most, but you're also forced to use fragile resin, which wouldn't be a problem if it were a common thing, but it's not. You get a lot from adventure ranks, but anyone with a brain knows that's a one time thing. Solution: Cut the required value in half, or less.

2. Make a total of 50 wishes: Yeah, okay, so you have to spend money ($5) to unlock the good rewards of the battle pass, but then are required to make *8000* primogems worth of wishes for 1.5 levels of the "Battle" pass? Yeah, that's completely bullshit. That's not happening on a regular basis, and really there's no "battle" here. Battle pass things need to be battle related. Content related. Gating these behind additional paywalls is a really, really stupid play. Perhaps at the game start, where people are pulling their free wishes and stuff. But next month I wouldn't expect anyone to finish this unless they are a whale. Solution: Remove this completely. Add other battle related things to make up for it.

3. Clear Spiral Abyss 8-3: This isn't going to happen for the overwhelming number of people. Abyss isn't so much a problem as requiring multiple teams at the higher floors. Solution: Add others like clear floor 2, 4, 6, 8.

4. 10,000 weekly exp limit: Uhh, why is this here? The number of people I know that fucked up during crucible and overclaimed their rewards because they hit this limit proves the limit is there ONLY to fuck you. There's NO POINT in this limit, the battle pass is already as hard as is, why would you implement this limit? What purpose does this possibly serve? Solution: Remove this completely.

5. Ley Line Deposit 20 times: This is a fucking trap, and they know it. Ley Line deposits are a total and complete waste of resin (And if you have burned a shitload of resin for this, congrats, you lose). The only reasonable, and acceptable way to complete this is to join others coop games, and laugh as they waste resin on ley lines, while you get credit for the completion (but don't collect it). This would be acceptable if the ley lines in your own game reset if you did not claim them, but they do not. They will sit there completed, indefinitely, until you claim them. It's nothing but a trap to get players to waste their resin. It's the exact same reason the "Collect X rewards from blossoms of wealth or blossoms of revelation" achievement requires an ABSOLUTELY LAUGHABLE 600 collects to finish off. Anyone that does 20 of these for the battle pass is a fucking idiot, but you can at least get around it by joining others coop games, but the achievement requires you *actually collect* the reward 600 TIMES. That's *never* going to happen. Solution: Make Ley Lines in your own game reset if you don't claim them for a period of time.

6. There should be battle related things only on the battle pass. Make the farming more fun with more things to do. The battle pass is incredibly simplistic with very basic and uninteresting content to do. They did not think this through AT ALL. "Cook 20 items", "Mine 15 times", etc. YAWN. Give me shit like "Defeat 10,000 enemies in Mondstat region", "Defeat 1,000 hillichurls", "Defeat 1,000 Slimes", etc etc.

Last edited: