Genshin Impact

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
5. Ley Line Deposit 20 times: This is a fucking trap, and they know it. Ley Line deposits are a total and complete waste of resin (And if you have burned a shitload of resin for this, congrats, you lose). The only reasonable, and acceptable way to complete this is to join others coop games, and laugh as they waste resin on ley lines, while you get credit for the completion (but don't collect it). This would be acceptable if the ley lines in your own game reset if you did not claim them, but they do not. They will sit there completed, indefinitely, until you claim them. It's nothing but a trap to get players to waste their resin. It's the exact same reason the "Collect X rewards from blossoms of wealth or blossoms of revelation" achievement requires an ABSOLUTELY LAUGHABLE 600 collects to finish off. Anyone that does 20 of these for the battle pass is a fucking idiot, but you can at least get around it by joining others coop games, but the achievement requires you *actually collect* the reward 600 TIMES. That's *never* going to happen. Solution: Make Ley Lines in your own game reset if you don't claim them for a period of time.
Leylines do respawn during the daily reset. I generally just farm the 4 on the map every day anyway for the random monster drops and after 5 days the weekly is done. No resin needed.

The rest I do agree with. However, hitting 50 isn't that bad if you just do everything and ignore the resin objectives.

Edit: Also you will be unfortunately needing to farm leylines after AR40 quite a bit if you want to level up any of your characters. :(

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Leylines do respawn during the daily reset. I generally just farm the 4 on the map every day anyway for the random monster drops and after 5 days the weekly is done. No resin needed.

The rest I do agree with. However, hitting 50 isn't that bad if you just do everything and ignore the resin objectives.

Edit: Also you will be unfortunately needing to farm leylines after AR40 quite a bit if you want to level up any of your characters. :(

So this is a little weird. I'll try it again, but as far as I'm aware they don't respawn after reset. I'll try tonight, I did collect mine after they sat for, I swear, at least 2-3 days. Either way I'll check that out but thats slightly more bearable.

As for needing to farm leylines, really? I guess I'll see after AR40 but they seemed to be terribly rewarding for what you did, just slightly less than boss farming bookwise. I guess we'll see, tbh, if the battle pass was more reasonable, then it would be much more feasible to pay $5 for it, and get all the extra books thay way than farming gay ass ley lines.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
A few corrections to my previous BP Post: Apparently a BP period is over 50 days, so 5500 resin isn't much of a problem in that regard. It's still annoying, but I was under teh false impression it was 30 days per period. Additionally, the players that got screwed during the event must have been bitching to bitch, because apparently those do not count toward the weekly exp limit.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A few corrections to my previous BP Post: Apparently a BP period is over 50 days, so 5500 resin isn't much of a problem in that regard. It's still annoying, but I was under teh false impression it was 30 days per period. Additionally, the players that got screwed during the event must have been bitching to bitch, because apparently those do not count toward the weekly exp limit.
42 days by my count, but I'd wager a large majority of players weren't AR20 before the first weekly reset because rolling after the Venti banner started was so much better. And even of the ones that were, very few would have been able to complete all of them.

It's still crazy strict in how little you can miss and still manage to hit 50 compared to other games. I'm pretty sure the last time I played Dauntless I had the battle pass completed in 2-2.5 weeks playing it maybe a little more than what you'd call 'casual'. That to me is reasonable. Here it feels like they're counting on people only hitting 40ish and then coughing up $20 instead of just 10.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
42 days by my count, but I'd wager a large majority of players weren't AR20 before the first weekly reset because rolling after the Venti banner started was so much better. And even of the ones that were, very few would have been able to complete all of them.

It's still crazy strict in how little you can miss and still manage to hit 50 compared to other games. I'm pretty sure the last time I played Dauntless I had the battle pass completed in 2-2.5 weeks playing it maybe a little more than what you'd call 'casual'. That to me is reasonable. Here it feels like they're counting on people only hitting 40ish and then coughing up $20 instead of just 10.

I do feel like we've been over this and established that the micro management -isn't- the problem. 120/120 is meaningless if I can spend 1m30s doing a Regisvine and spend 40 Resin looting it then wait 5 hours to do it again. Even more if I decide to do 2x events that require 40, 30, or 20 Res. Managing that should be completely trivial because the regen is so slow and it takes so much to loot a damn chest. It isn't like the other Gacha's where you're getting 1 STA per 3 minutes and it takes 5 STA to run a stage and you're constantly refreshing every 30m to run something. I can go to bed and get 8 hours of sleep, wake up, and still only be at 60-70 Resin.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Battle pass is simply yet another money sink, dont forget, you can buy levels with gems, and this is exactly what they want people to do. Make the shit near impossible to complete for the average Joe, so that he feels compelled to spend gems(RL money) on it or just downright advance the shit by 10 levels for $11. because if not, its a waste of his $10 he spent on the battle pass.

That being said I dont know why the fuck any of you care about any of this shit. Its like youre racing this game for the sake of racing. Who cares about resin and resin rates. Take a fucking day off, god damn, lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Battle pass is simply yet another money sink, dont forget, you can buy levels with gems, and this is exactly what they want people to do. Make the shit near impossible to complete for the average Joe, so that he feels compelled to spend gems(RL money) on it or just downright advance the shit by 10 levels for $11. because if not, its a waste of his $10 he spent on the battle pass.

That being said I dont know why the fuck any of you care about any of this shit. Its like youre racing this game for the sake of racing. Who cares about resin and resin rates. Take a fucking day off, god damn, lol.

I don't think anyone really cares, we're just theorycrafting and arguing for the point of what it could be. Because there is a lot of potential from just a SP non-Gacha stand point. So we argue about refining the system.

And while Aladain's list does make a lot of sense, they still throw a ton of Primo gems at you for free that can be used for Resin refills as well. Since there really isn't any reason to Wish (because as stated pulling another 5* is just resources you can't afford to sink in to), the gems are just free Resin refills that you can get by running around opening chests and doing open world stuff. I'm back up to 2k primo the last 3-4 days by just doing world stuff at AR37-38.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
4. 10,000 weekly exp limit: Uhh, why is this here? The number of people I know that fucked up during crucible and overclaimed their rewards because they hit this limit proves the limit is there ONLY to fuck you. There's NO POINT in this limit, the battle pass is already as hard as is, why would you implement this limit? What purpose does this possibly serve? Solution: Remove this completely.

I don't think this "weekly limit" is actually a cap, I think it's the maximum EXP possible you can earn per week. If you add up all the daily EXP plus the weekly EXP, it should equal the weekly limit. The one-time EXP rewards don't count against this AFAIK; when I claimed my crucible BP rewards, my "weekly limit" progress didn't change.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This game lacks content right now is what the biggest deal is. It would not be such a pain in the ass leveling all these dudes including new ones if there was actually more content for you to do. Also I think they fucked themselves with having a world where chests/events dont re spawn, especially when content is so dry right now AR35+. But at its core this game is nothing but a means to suck your money away from you. Every system is designed in a way to extract your dollars.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
This game lacks content right now is what the biggest deal is. It would not be such a pain in the ass leveling all these dudes including new ones if there was actually more content for you to do. Also I think they fucked themselves with having a world where chests/events dont re spawn, especially when content is so dry right now AR35+. But at its more this is nothing but a means to suck your money from you. Every system is designed in a way to extract your dollars.

Yeah, the lack of available content means there's really no reason not to pace yourself. I would love to finish clearing Abyss so I could get some extra rewards every two weeks, but it's not a huge priority for me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would love to see how much cash this company extracted from gamers this first month, lol. Im betting its a staggering amount.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry for all the unique posts, just caught up on the thread. I also agree on this, the battle pass is obscenely difficult to obtain, even if you wanted to max it, it's a "trap", and sets you up for it.

1. 5500 Original Resin during a BP period: Thats over 733.3 hours of resin recharging, or 30.6 days. Since the BP Period is 30 days, you're not only forced to keep up with your resin so that you never "sit" at 120 from the very start of your gaming experience which is impossible for most, but you're also forced to use fragile resin, which wouldn't be a problem if it were a common thing, but it's not. You get a lot from adventure ranks, but anyone with a brain knows that's a one time thing. Solution: Cut the required value in half, or less.

2. Make a total of 50 wishes: Yeah, okay, so you have to spend money ($5) to unlock the good rewards of the battle pass, but then are required to make *8000* primogems worth of wishes for 1.5 levels of the "Battle" pass? Yeah, that's completely bullshit. That's not happening on a regular basis, and really there's no "battle" here. Battle pass things need to be battle related. Content related. Gating these behind additional paywalls is a really, really stupid play. Perhaps at the game start, where people are pulling their free wishes and stuff. But next month I wouldn't expect anyone to finish this unless they are a whale. Solution: Remove this completely. Add other battle related things to make up for it.

3. Clear Spiral Abyss 8-3: This isn't going to happen for the overwhelming number of people. Abyss isn't so much a problem as requiring multiple teams at the higher floors. Solution: Add others like clear floor 2, 4, 6, 8.

4. 10,000 weekly exp limit: Uhh, why is this here? The number of people I know that fucked up during crucible and overclaimed their rewards because they hit this limit proves the limit is there ONLY to fuck you. There's NO POINT in this limit, the battle pass is already as hard as is, why would you implement this limit? What purpose does this possibly serve? Solution: Remove this completely.

5. Ley Line Deposit 20 times: This is a fucking trap, and they know it. Ley Line deposits are a total and complete waste of resin (And if you have burned a shitload of resin for this, congrats, you lose). The only reasonable, and acceptable way to complete this is to join others coop games, and laugh as they waste resin on ley lines, while you get credit for the completion (but don't collect it). This would be acceptable if the ley lines in your own game reset if you did not claim them, but they do not. They will sit there completed, indefinitely, until you claim them. It's nothing but a trap to get players to waste their resin. It's the exact same reason the "Collect X rewards from blossoms of wealth or blossoms of revelation" achievement requires an ABSOLUTELY LAUGHABLE 600 collects to finish off. Anyone that does 20 of these for the battle pass is a fucking idiot, but you can at least get around it by joining others coop games, but the achievement requires you *actually collect* the reward 600 TIMES. That's *never* going to happen. Solution: Make Ley Lines in your own game reset if you don't claim them for a period of time.

6. There should be battle related things only on the battle pass. Make the farming more fun with more things to do. The battle pass is incredibly simplistic with very basic and uninteresting content to do. They did not think this through AT ALL. "Cook 20 items", "Mine 15 times", etc. YAWN. Give me shit like "Defeat 10,000 enemies in Mondstat region", "Defeat 1,000 hillichurls", "Defeat 1,000 Slimes", etc etc.
Two things. The BP xp you earned from the Crucible event bypassed the weekly limit, and was a good boost for anyone who did it. The Ley Lines become the ONLY viable source of Mora and XP Books at WL4+, and they have a 16-24hr respawn if you don't claim the loot. You can do all 20 per week without ever looting them.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think anyone really cares, we're just theorycrafting and arguing for the point of what it could be. Because there is a lot of potential from just a SP non-Gacha stand point. So we argue about refining the system.

And while Aladain's list does make a lot of sense, they still throw a ton of Primo gems at you for free that can be used for Resin refills as well. Since there really isn't any reason to Wish (because as stated pulling another 5* is just resources you can't afford to sink in to), the gems are just free Resin refills that you can get by running around opening chests and doing open world stuff. I'm back up to 2k primo the last 3-4 days by just doing world stuff at AR37-38.
I doubt you've actually earned 2k primo gems in 4 days from finding chests, which at ar37-38 is the only thing you might not have completed. You probably cleared some Abyss floors, gotten freebies via compensation, and maybe from BP. =)

I think you earn 150 gems per day from doing the daily commissions + Welkin, after that it all comes from 1 time sources or the rare chest to be found in the world at your AR level (unless you haven't done many of the quests).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would love to see how much cash this company extracted from gamers this first month, lol. Im betting its a staggering amount.
Development costs paid off in like 2 days, something like $100M in the first week is what I recall reading.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I doubt you've actually earned 2k primo gems in 4 days from finding chests, which at ar37-38 is the only thing you might not have completed. You probably cleared some Abyss floors, gotten freebies via compensation, and maybe from BP. =)

I think you earn 150 gems per day from doing the daily commissions + Welkin, after that it all comes from 1 time sources or the rare chest to be found in the world at your AR level (unless you haven't done many of the quests).

Think it was Abyss 6, 7, 8 and AR 36 to 37 to 38, plus a few Achievements, Welkin, and then random things :) My only point was, drunkenly, I wasn't paying attention or trying or min/maxing and had some gems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The BP is easily doable as F2P, 100%

I have 21 days left and im at BP lvl 47. Do dailies every day, do the leylines WITHOUT spending resin, do the bosses every week, and you dont even need to mine ore because sending 2 people on ore expeditions counts toward getting ore.

that's all without events which are completely free BP that does NOT count toward the weekly cap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reca

Trakanon Raider
Are you buying BP levels with Primogems? Because you can hit 50 without doing that pretty easily. I've been playing everyday since it came out, level 35 on the BP, should hit 50 before the end of it.

17 days left of BP - still have most of my weekly stuff to do, so should be 39/40 if I actually did them tonight, but will likely do it on Sunday.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

From Wikipedia:

During the week of its release, Genshin Impact saw over 17 million downloads and grossed approximately $60 million.[67] Within two weeks, it was estimated that the game had grossed over $100 million, recouping its budget.[68] Its largest revenue came from China, Japan, South Korea, and the United States.[69]

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I have been on a constant farm route daily for the last 4 days, and I've had chests appear at it close to these same encounters. I don't think chests "respawn" but I think new chests certainly do spawn in at either AR rank up, world level up, or just daily at random. The primogems certainly do dry up, but I am in the "new chests absolutely do appear" camp.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This game is very good at giving you the *illusion* that the only way to get ahead is to spend money, but in reality, you just don't have to. It simply makes things easier.

From watching some of this dudes streams and videos, hes doing this more for the challenge (and youtube moneys) and essentially he has to play PERFECT, with countless practice runs to get to floor 10 or 11, while the whales are facerolling through this shit with their OP 5 star C6 units backed up with other C6 4 stars. So no, of course you dont have to spend moneys, and in fact this dude has not even free pulled anything, so even a free account is bound to hit something in free pulls along the way. For instance my free account pulled a Kequing among some other 4 stars like Razor etc...

But you can still see how perfect he has to play with those shit units, and plus a little luck too. That video does not show the countless trial runs he does to get there like his streams.

From Wikipedia:

During the week of its release, Genshin Impact saw over 17 million downloads and grossed approximately $60 million.[67] Within two weeks, it was estimated that the game had grossed over $100 million, recouping its budget.[68] Its largest revenue came from China, Japan, South Korea, and the United States.[69]

Also fucking crazy... I dont know how this shit is even legal.