<Gold Donor>
ladies GIF

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Question for any lawyers here like Cad Cad

Can Rittenhouse still sue all these media outlets for defamation even if he is found guilty?

What about the tweets from Biden, LeBron, etc? Are those sue-able in general?

I'd like to see this kid make hundreds of millions off of these vultures.

Question for the room in general: Does Rittenhouse have a better shot at success in politics if he spends time in jail, or if he gets off? What is better for his image long-term in the public consciousness? Thinking of a few leaders of the past here who spent time in jail and emerged exponentially more popular due to their martyrdom, like Mandela. If Kyle does go to jail, I hope when he gets out that people hoist him on their shoulders.

Obviously I hope that he gets off and that he makes an example out of every news outlet that slandered him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The prosecution is doing what the prosecution is supposed to do.
They are not supposed to go easy on kyle, they are also not there to find the truth. They are there to get a conviction.
I don't think they're supposed to question the defendants right to remain silent. Or use evidence the judge had deemed impermissible.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Can Rittenhouse still sue all these media outlets for defamation even if he is found guilty?

Question for the room in general: Does Rittenhouse have a better shot at success in politics if he spends time in jail, or if he gets off? What is better for his image long-term in the public consciousness? Thinking of a few leaders of the past here who spent time in jail and emerged exponentially more popular due to their martyrdom, like Mandela. If Kyle does go to jail, I hope when he gets out that people hoist him on their shoulders.

Obviously I hope that he gets off and that he makes an example out of every news outlet that slandered him.

Zimmer tried to sue over the edited 911 tape and lost but the Covington kid got some money so maybe?

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Screenshotted>
I'm not an expert at Wisconsin laws, but it is my understanding that the law made posesion of firearms illegal by a minor as a baseline, and then they carved out exceptions, making it legal under certain circumstances.

What you guys are saying and the defense is saying is that even if kyle does not fall under any known exception, it is still legal for him to open carry his rifle as a minor in Wisconsin.
Which basically renders the law unapplicable.
If kyle doesn't fall under any exception then the top part should apply that states minors are not allowed to carry weapons.
Why do you always preface your opinion with “I pretty much am not sure or have any idea but here’s how I think it is.”

Cmon dude how do you show up with an opinion with Jack and shit to back it up. You go dude. Do it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't think they're supposed to question the defendants right to remain silent. Or use evidence the judge had deemed impermissible.

They are not and as I posted before the county DA tells a story of how he first landed a job with the state - the dude that got hired ahead of him nuked his own case in the closing arguments by telling the jury the dude was guilty because he didn't take the stand.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The prosecution is doing what the prosecution is supposed to do.
They are not supposed to go easy on kyle, they are also not there to find the truth. They are there to get a conviction.

I agree, but only because they're communists like you and the goal of communist state power is to punish political enemies.

A good PA office doesn't bring shitty ass cases that waste taxpayer money and erode trust in the local system. Good PA offices should be taking heat for declining to try cases they don't think they can win, not being encouraged to do everything they can to win at all costs.

Is this how it always is? No, sadly that's the problem, not the design.

This case never should have been pursued, much less with what looks like a ton of tampering and shady practices. The only way it was pursued is for ideological and political reasons.

The only reason you defend this practice is because you're a communist (because nobody can pretend to be this dumb).

I also don't to believe these prosecutors think this case was their ticket to fame, and can't be so dumb as to not think it's a dogshit case. Which also leaves political/ideological motivations.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>

It wasn't slander. Kyle was formally charged by a crime and put on trial.

If they continue bad mouthing after he is found not guilty, then yes he has a case, but until then no, there is no slander.

• 3Pants on Fire!
  • 2Moron
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It wasn't slander. Kyle was formally charged by a crime and put on trial.

If they continue bad mouthing after he is found not guilty, then yes he has a case, but until then no, there is no slander.
He was called a "white supremacist" by the PRESIDENT even though he never shot a single non white person.

You truly are dumb.

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Why do you always preface your opinion with “I pretty much am not sure or have any idea but here’s how I think it is.”

Cmon dude how do you show up with an opinion with Jack and shit to back it up. You go dude. Do it.

Because I'm not a stupid logger sucker like you.
I know very very little about Wisconsin gun laws, but I still have an opinion of my interpretation of it.
I think kyle does not fall under any exception so the overall limitation(or illegality) stands.

• 1Potato
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Screenshotted>
Because I'm not a stupid logger sucker like you.
I know very very little about Wisconsin gun laws, but I still have an opinion of my interpretation of it.
I think kyle does not fall under any exception so the overall limitation(or illegality) stands.
You watch your whore mouth. Don’t make me call DeSantis and have you deported.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
He was called a "white supremacist" by the PRESIDENT even though he never shot a single non white person.

You truly are dumb.
If the president called him that, then any reporting originating from that is 100% not slander.
If you repeat something, is not slander, it is the first person who commits it, not the people reporting on it.

• 2Moron
  • 1Potato
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If the president called him that, then any reporting originating from that is 100% not slander.
If you repeat something, is not slander, it is the first person who commits it, not the people reporting on it.
This is just not true. If someone makes an obviously slanderous comment, and you report on that comment, you are potentially committing slander yourself if you don't clearly identify it as such. You don't abrogate yourself from the law by simply saying the comment is someone else's content.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
This is just not true. If someone makes an obviously slanderous comment, and you report on that comment, you are potentially committing slander yourself if you don't clearly identify it as such. You don't abrogate yourself from the law by simply saying the comment is someone else's content.
Me saying Joe biden called kyle a white supremacist is not a slanderous comment.

It is an factual true statement. I'm not calling kyle a white supremacist I'm saying biden called him that. I'm not sure why are confused about this.

People reporting on biden's video from 1 year ago are not committing slander.

Lendarios: if you report on someone else slanderous comments you are not committing slander yourself.
Furry: that is not true. if you report on someone else slanderous comments you are not committing slander yourself.

• 1Potato
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1NPC

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Me saying Joe biden called kyle a white supremacist is not a slanderous comment.

It is an factual true statement. I'm not calling kyle a white supremacist I'm saying biden called him that. I'm not sure why are confused about this.

People reporting on biden's video from 1 year ago are not committing slander.

Lendarios: if you report on someone else slanderous comments you are not committing slander yourself.
Furry: that is not true. if you report on someone else slanderous comments you are not committing slander yourself.

But if you leave out the quoting Joe Biden part, it is, and thats what most of these networks did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The worst they have called him is a vigilante, which he definitely is.

• 3Pants on Fire!
  • 2Imbecile
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.