Get a free Kyle Rittenhouse at Culver's

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
How else do you read section (3)(c)?

View attachment 382060

The prosecution reading of it is that it's always illegal for a 16-17 year old to possess a firearm, but if that illegal firearm is illegally possessed during those other cited instances this law applies, not the others.

It may be the intent of the law, and the misdemeanor charges for minors in violation aspect is clear, but the wording would be so poor if the intent were that it's always illegal for a 16-17 to possess. It would be very easy legally to make that clear, and make clear which law would apply to minors.

Instead the law goes out of its way to clarify possession specifically for rifles and shotguns, specifically for 16-17 year olds?

For a 15 year old the minor in possession law applies because the law clarifies any under 16. If C wasn't to clarify the specific circumstances of rifles and shot guns for 16-17 year olds being legal except if your otherwise doing illegal activity, then why even address that specific circumstance? Just make the law for anyone under 18, not under 16.

Imagine in farm country it being illegal for all 17 years olds to possess any firearm. You're 17 and a predator is threatening livestock. Sorry, not allowed to pick up the most common farm firearms: shotguns and rifles.

That doesn't mesh with existing law in a lot of places nor American culture. So the law seems to be creating a compromise and carve out for circumstances and expectations that are more common in rural America.

Does a city prosecutor even care to understand this? Or just reads the law in the way that least benefits those country bumpkin he doesn't align with ideologically?

Every angle I look at that law makes me side with the defense interpretation. The fact there is even confusion is concerning, though. If the law had been applied equally and without dispute then there wouldn't be a question.

Meaning, either way this is interpreted, my guess is somewhere a 16-17 year old was either wrongly convicted or wrongly allowed to illegally possess a dangerous weapon.

My guess, as often happens, urban PA offices have been applying the laws differently than rural. And as we've seen especially in recent years, intentionally for political reasons, not out of a simple misunderstanding of the intent of the law.

Even laws that put people in jail can be wildly misinterpreted until a high enough profile case comes along and creates attention to it.

Don't know the intent of that section for 16-17 year olds, but either way it's an obvious issue that probably affected a lot of people already so hopefully this case settles some law on the issue.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Not one person disputed it until Kyle's lawyer got them whacked out on hopium. And like I said, I hope his lawyer talking in retarded circles works because I'd love to see him walk away completely clean.

If I was on the jury and actually thought he had violated that law, I could see returning a not guilty because what he's been through already is way worse than whatever the punishment for a misdemeanor would be.

4chan /pol brought up an interesting question. If Kyle skates will Biden, who already publicly labeled the kid a White Supremacist send Garland in the drum up some Fed Charges like they had planned to do to Chauvin if he walked.
They were going to use civil rights charges. Since no black people were involved that doesn't apply. The best they could do would be to charge him for not giving equal treatment to the black dude who kicked him.

the minor in possession law

Isn't he being tried as an adult right now? In a rational world, that would make a minor in possession charge go away. They're literally charging him as both an adult and a minor in the same fucking trial. Didn't even realize that till a few minutes ago.

• 3Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Isn't he being tried as an adult right now? In a rational world, that would make a minor in possession charge go away. They're literally charging him as both an adult and a minor in the same fucking trial. Didn't even realize that till a few minutes ago.

Yeah, interesting point. Makes this weak ass case even stupider. This is not a strong case, and the prosecution wants to go all in, every possible charge and try him as an adult and retain any charges they can against him as minor as well. Bah.

It's concerning to see overzealous prosecution, but the alarming thing is if you or a loved one is ever the victim of a violent crime this what you'll have to rely on to get justice? There are probably strong, righteous cases this prosecutor has also bungled, denying families justice and letting criminals go free (and probably by design the way things have been going).

One thing I agree with the elites: it may be time for a great reset.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I’d say move the fuck on and let’s see how it plays out, the law is ambiguous enough that legal professionals are in disagreement we here most certainly won’t. Personally I think they find him guilty of this and nothing else and point to this as look we found him guilty, so you can run that in the media.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I really doubt that it is legal in the state of Wisconsin for a 17 to have a rifle, and there are carved exceptions to that rule, military, hunting, etc.
If no, then the law makes no sense and the exceptions are unnecessary.

This judge is one step away from going senile and honestly he misremembers things that happened a day before. I would not be surprised if he makes yet another horrible ruling such as allowing the expanded images as evidence, which they aren't, the video is evidence, not the altered images. Can the altered images be shown on court, yes, they can, but they can not be entered as evidence. That should have been the ruling.

What happened also yesterday was that the prosecution did not measured the full weapon to make sure it complied with certain sections of the law and the judge dinged them for it. Since they have to provide the evidence of guilt.
The whole thing was silly, the gun is in evidence, just grab it and measure it, is not on some extra dimension unnaccesible.
The defense lost because by allowing the provocation charge in, they let the door open to that a soccer mom afraid of gun, that realizes kyle acted in self defense but also thinks he should not be there. The provocation charge gives soccer mom an option to convict.

It was ridiculous, the defense should have said, judge, if you can't see it at normal resolution, you cant let it in as evidence and you can't give that instruction, because you can't see it.

• 5Moron
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 5 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Looking at Wisconsin law, you're considered an adult for charging purposes automatically at 17 regardless of the crime

• 2Like
  • 1Trump

Jive Turkey

Karen
Also notice the wording from the usual lefty media companies "18 year old Kyle Rittenhouse" etc.
Don't want to muddy those waters by stating that he was actually 17 at the time

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah, interesting point. Makes this weak ass case even stupider. This is not a strong case, and the prosecution wants to go all in, every possible charge and try him as an adult and retain any charges they can against him as minor as well. Bah.

It's concerning to see overzealous prosecution, but the alarming thing is if you or a loved one is ever the victim of a violent crime this what you'll have to rely on to get justice? There are probably strong, righteous cases this prosecutor has also bungled, denying families justice and letting criminals go free (and probably by design the way things have been going).

One thing I agree with the elites: it may be time for a great reset.

Think it's pretty safe to say if Gaige, Joseph or Anthony were members of my family that I'd disavow them and wish death upon them.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
This case has been the clearest example of a prosecution just wanting a win at any cost instead of actually searching for the truth of what happened. The trash video "evidence" they submitted is a joke. You can't make anything out, yet that fat sack of shit was describing it as if it was clear as day

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Imagine being such a shitty human being that you'll lie and cheat to fight tooth and nail to put away a kid for life who was just trying to save their own life.

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Screenshotted>
from 941.28

(2) No person may sell or offer to sell, transport, purchase, possess or go armed with a short-barreled shotgun or short-barreled rifle.

"short-barreled" shotguns and rifles are all illegal in Wisconsin and violation of that law takes precedence over 948.60. It's not a carve-out, it's clarifying which statute to be charged with if someone is in violation of both laws since you (theoretically) can't convict someone with two crimes for the exact same act.
Fucks sake Gavin you are so dumb did you see Kyle holding a short barrel rifle? You are pathetic.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Screenshotted>
60801D29-0E28-4874-9FB2-3C7B37E7BCE2.jpeg

• 8Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 10 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Imagine being such a shitty human being that you'll lie and cheat to fight tooth and nail to put away a kid for life who was just trying to save their own life.

It's worse than that. The first person he killed that led to the entire chain of events was the child rapist. We've got video of him acting erratically, we've got his record, we've got him chasing Kyle, we've got eye witnesses testimony he had a chain and Kyle's story is the dude told him that he'd kill him if he caught him alone (sounds plausible), the dude chased him, Kyle pointed his rifle at him to deter him, it didn't, the child rapist grabbed his gun and he shot him.

And there's the prosecutor arguing that he fired too many rounds (in under a second). He was going down after the first shot, why did you keep firing? Why didn't you offer first aid? You play Call of Duty right Kyle?

Cops get a warrant for Vapor Bicep's phone. The prosecution says don't execute that warrant. The FBI has footage they never released so they release some of the grainy shit but they *lost* the high def footage that would show definitively whether or not Kyle pointed a gun at the time the prosecution says he was with that grainy photo. Did the cops do a DNA swab of the barrel to see if the child rapist's DNA was on it which would collaborate part of Kyle's story? No. They were told not to do that.

The only thing on the level here is the judge. He's a Midwest boomer judge with Midwest boomer sensibilities. He and the people like him are going to retire someday. Think of what the judges will look like in ten or fifteen years.

1636824996027.png

Oh hey, my judge has a pussyhat on. Just shoot me now I guess.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
This case has been the clearest example of a prosecution just wanting a win at any cost instead of actually searching for the truth of what happened.

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

MAM_Vertical_Keyart_US.0.jpg

** yes I know the doc was skewed and not completely accurate to all the facts, but Wisconsin small town PDs and DAs seem to railroad folks when it suits their purpose.

• 2Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I really doubt that it is legal in the state of Wisconsin for a 17 to have a rifle, and there are carved exceptions to that rule, military, hunting, etc.
If no, then the law makes no sense and the exceptions are unnecessary.

Those exceptions exist in part because they apply to any dangerous weapon under the provision. A 17 cannot possess a handgun or M60, but there is an exception for the military where they may be allowed.

Just like the law reads that a minor can't possess those defined dangerous weapons unless accompanied by an adult, meaning they can possess any of them otherwise legal under the supervision of an adult.

Which is why it's pretty clear them specifying rifles and shotguns is noteworthy. They could have just written a law nobody under 18 can possess any of those weapons except for those exemptions like the military, while supervised. But instead they basically said, but rifles and shotguns are different with slightly different rules.

If it was illegal for a 17 year old to possess a rifle why do they put in specific, separate language clarifying the possession of a rifle?

Could just be gross incompetence, I suppose, but even incompetent lawmakers rarely crate extra, redundant work for themselves.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The prosecution is doing what the prosecution is supposed to do.
They are not supposed to go easy on kyle, they are also not there to find the truth. They are there to get a conviction.

• 2Moron
  • 2Pants on Fire!
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
What happened also yesterday was that the prosecution did not measured the full weapon to make sure it complied with certain sections of the law and the judge dinged them for it. Since they have to provide the evidence of guilt.
The whole thing was silly, the gun is in evidence, just grab it and measure it, is not on some extra dimension unnaccesible.

Sorry, everyone, but....

So, like just measure a weapon AFTER charges are filed and accusations are made in front of a jury?

No big deal, better late than never for the prosecution to conduct their investigation. Middle of the trial? Already have the evidence, not too late to start looking into it!

Never go full raftarded.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I honestly think that this would be the ideal outcome to start the ball rolling. The more tyrannical the fed the greater the push back has been and this would be an unprecedented move move to get involved in a local issue essentially. This is particularly true when people start putting together that these agitators taters were effectively working for the fed in the 1st fucking place.
yea, i mean, it's not like kyle can have a normal life now anyway, just let him continue to collect donations and keep on fighting, lulz

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Those exceptions exist in part because they apply to any dangerous weapon under the provision. A 17 cannot possess a handgun or M60, but there is an exception for the military where they may be allowed.

Just like the law reads that a minor can't possess those defined dangerous weapons unless accompanied by an adult, meaning they can possess any of them otherwise legal under the supervision of an adult.

Which is why it's pretty clear them specifying rifles and shotguns is noteworthy. They could have just written a law nobody under 18 can possess any of those weapons except for those exemptions like the military, while supervised. But instead they basically said, but rifles and shotguns are different with slightly different rules.

If it was illegal for a 17 year old to possess a rifle why do they put in specific, separate language clarifying the possession of a rifle?

Could just be gross incompetence, I suppose, but even incompetent lawmakers rarely crate extra, redundant work for themselves.
I'm not an expert at Wisconsin laws, but it is my understanding that the law made posesion of firearms illegal by a minor as a baseline, and then they carved out exceptions, making it legal under certain circumstances.

What you guys are saying and the defense is saying is that even if kyle does not fall under any known exception, it is still legal for him to open carry his rifle as a minor in Wisconsin.
Which basically renders the law unapplicable.
If kyle doesn't fall under any exception then the top part should apply that states minors are not allowed to carry weapons.

• 2Moron
  • 1WTF
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's comforting to know that no matter what I get wrong, I'll never be the dumbest poster in the thread as long as Lenindoritos is here.

• 11Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 15 users
Status
Not open for further replies.