Get a free Kyle Rittenhouse at Culver's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Has the prosecutor gotten to any actual point? Seems like he's been asking questions for hours that aren't leading anywhere

He's looking for a trip or inconsistency anywhere possible by reasking over and over and over. He's going for the "you decided to take police matters into your own hands" constantly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The prosecution is hammering him, although as mentioned, the jury is tuned out and not taking notes.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That was a really good camera angle for Kyle/defense.

Rosenbaum was shown in enhanced video coming in VERY fast and hot. The first shot is absolutely reasonable. That's why the prosecution is hammering him on the additional shots more than the fact he shot him.

Rosenbaum was coming in MUCH faster than any other angle demonstrated. I was scared for Kyle just watching him in the video.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It’ll definitely be interesting to see how this plays out. Prosecutor acting like this could backfire with the jury. I don’t think it’s a risk I’d have taken in Kyle’s place though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
That was a really good camera angle for Kyle/defense.

Rosenbaum was shown in enhanced video coming in VERY fast and hot. The first shot is absolutely reasonable. That's why the prosecution is hammering him on the additional shots more than the fact he shot him.

Rosenbaum was coming in MUCH faster than any other angle demonstrated. I was scared for Kyle just watching him in the video.
Monday morning qb'ing by the prosecution.

I hate this shit. Kid was getting attacked with a mob reigning down on him. He defended himself well.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Anyone that wants to take the stand in their own defense should be forced to watch this in its entirety.

So you're saying you want to sit up there for hours going back and forth over and over every single thing you said and did as the prosecutor, who is trained in this specifically, tries to trip you up. Do you have any experience on the witness stand? No? Well he's got thousands of hours of experience grilling people.

• 5Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
So this is interesting, but apparently some of the jury is already tired not taking notes, and crossed hands and legs up per some live tweeting from the courtroom. So maybe the lack of objections is simply to wear down the jury.

This was my guess. If the prosecution is going to yammer on endlessly and pointlessly in a way that isn't really harming your client you let them. They're causing the jury to zone out from their own case. And the jury will assume if they had anything relevant to say to hey would have been presenting it instead.

It may have been a mistake fro Kyle to take we the stand, but minimizing objections as the prosecution flailed impotently wasn't necessarily a mistake in what I watched.

My courtroom experience from a court staff position was in civil cases that usually had a judge not jury, but it was absolutely a baller play when some windbag was yammering on pointlessly for opposing counsel to just sit back and look bored and let them and not be the ones slowing things down with objections or interrupting their irrelevance.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So according to this piece of shit DA, striking someone in the head with a skate board is no big deal.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Anyone that wants to take the stand in their own defense should be forced to watch this in its entirety.

So you're saying you want to sit up there for hours going back and forth over and over every single thing you said and did as the prosecutor, who is trained in this specifically, tries to trip you up. Do you have any experience on the witness stand? No? Well he's got thousands of hours of experience grilling people.
They had to know this would happen and probably prepared him. I am curious why they’d do it anyways.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Even sitting in during the jury duty process the questioning the lawyers do is unbearable. You can watch them in real time trying to trip you up and twist your words and you’re just annoyed as fuck cause you don’t know how they’re about to completely distort what you answered but you know they’re going to.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I hope Binger is socially ostracized in Kenosha after this. He is clearly an evil sociopath.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

but then you get found guilty b/c

juror 1:
"if he was innocent, he woulda taken the stand!!!"

this is all about how kyle "looks" to the jury

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

It's a scumfuck argument. Prosecutors have argued successfully that all manner of things are deadly weapons. Stop on someone's head? Armed with a deadly weapon bam extra charges.

Can a kick cause serious bodily injury? Yes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.