Get a free Kyle Rittenhouse at Culver's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yep. Hillary accused her of being a "Russian asset", I believe right after Tulsi torpedoed Kamala.

There were also suggestions that Tulsi was a Manchurian Candidate because she's a military veteran and doesn't show much emotion. Suggestions that she's brainwashed or under mind-control. All of this was based on absolutely nothing besides "she won't tow the line".

I think that formerly-brilliant-Comedy-Central-host-turned-globalist-shill-shitbag Stephen Colbert did the most damage to Tulsi. Right off the bat when she announced her candidacy, Colbert did a thing on the Late Show about how 14 years previous, Tulsi had said she didn't think gays should serve in the military. Basically used that to tar and feather her, because digging into people's pasts is how these people roll. He made a bunch of other digs at Tulsi over the campaign and basically made it clear that his viewers were supposed to view her as Persona Non Grata in the primary.
Amusing in the context of us still ending up with "racial jungle" "poor people are just as smart as white people" for president.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
iirc Tulsi literally is a crazy cultist, just not the progressive cult.

Yes. Calls herself a Hindu, which is a lie, he family is tied to a cult that claims to be Hare Krishna, but in actuality in a cult of personality run by a white dude who says he is literally the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. They have more than one wrongful death on their blotter. They also attract super rich folks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
Yes. Calls herself a Hindu, which is a lie, he family is tied to a cult that claims to be Hare Krishna, but in actuality in a cult of personality run by a white dude who says he is literally the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. They have more than one wrongful death on their blotter. They also attract super rich folks.
Havent we already had like two dozen "second coming of Jesus Christ" already?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Think they are letting them finish, I've had mistrials ruled on after the jury returns. The idea being if the jury finds for Kyle, then let it go. Against Kyle... maybe mistrial.

Although with this being national news, if the jury found against Kyle and then the judge reversed it... the optics would be bad.
Can a judge actually do that? I thought that once a jury came back with a verdict, the judge's only leeway was sentencing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can a judge actually do that? I thought that once a jury came back with a verdict, the judge's only leeway was sentencing.
A judge can set aside a guilty verdict. Can't set aside a verdict of innocent of course.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Judges can absolutely overrule guilty verdicts. It's just incredibly rare

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Can a judge over-ruling a guilty verdict be appealed or would Double jeopardy apply? I think I read someplace that unless it could be proved the judge was bought off and the trial a sham with the verdict bought and paid for in advance the accused would walk regardless.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can a judge over-ruling a guilty verdict be appealed or would Double jeopardy apply? I think I read someplace that unless it could be proved the judge was bought off and the trial a sham with the verdict bought and paid for in advance the accused would walk regardless.
i think it depends on WHY the judge overturned it. in this specific case, the judge is keeping the defense's call for mistrial with prejudice under advisement, so he COULD just do a callback to that.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Looking like all the fireworks are over. We'll be squabbling over experts and ancillary shit for a while now.

edit - bah, was watching footage of the earlier testimony

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A judge setting aside a guilty verdict is every bit as legally binding as a jury finding you not guilty. Without evidence of judicial misconduct it can't be appealed.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
GUN!!!

72370b253c380d37cd146d72e4bd56e0.png

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
A judge setting aside a guilty verdict is every bit as legally binding as a jury finding you not guilty. Without evidence of judicial misconduct it can't be appealed.
I almost want the judge to do it so the tidal wave of liberal tears can wash across the US.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.