Get Hard - Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Most of the Will Ferrell movies that I don't enjoy are due to the other people and not due to Ferrell. Land of the Lost, Blades of Glory, Step Brothers are 3 of my least favorites but I still laughed at most of Ferrell's parts.

Devlin

Golden Squire
ferrell is probably the best comedy actor in the last 10 years, he has some bombs but the majority of his films are fun as hell to watch. i even paid to see Blades of Glory in the theater and i enjoyed it. land of the lost is simply terrible though. no way around that.
Anchorman is an absolutely fantastic comedy movie and I also enjoyed Blades of Glory and thinking about it mainly due to Will Ferrell.

Isn't Land of the Lost a children's movie?

Also The Lego Movie.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Most of the Will Ferrell movies that I don't enjoy are due to the other people and not due to Ferrell. Land of the Lost, Blades of Glory, Step Brothers are 3 of my least favorites but I still laughed at most of Ferrell's parts.
I can agree with you on Land of the Lost and Blades of Glory, but Step Brothers? Seriously? Think you need to watch that movie again. That's one of his best flicks.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I feel like people either didn't watch Land of the Lost or just didn't understand what it was going in. That shit is hilarious. Danny McBride tossing out hilarious throwaway one-liners left and right and it's all one big surreal funny as hell trip. Helps too of course if you appreciate the source material, but it's hardly necessary.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Anchorman is an absolutely fantastic comedy movie and I also enjoyed Blades of Glory and thinking about it mainly due to Will Ferrell.

Isn't Land of the Lost a children's movie?

Also The Lego Movie.
LotL was a kiddie show from the 70s, but since nobody but us old fucks would remember watching it as a kid they made the film more for adults. but the problem with the movie was that whomever wrote and directed the film, was not a fan of the series and they were unable to catch the campy charm of it.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I watched the original show. The problem with the movie was the fact that it was horrible. There's a reason it's one of the biggest box office bombs of all time.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Oh that's always a good argument. I guess Scott Pilgrim sucked too!

Anyway, how was Get Hard from someone who has a decent sense of humor?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I watched the original show. The problem with the movie was the fact that it was horrible. There's a reason it's one of the biggest box office bombs of all time.
This nerd probably thinks MacGruber was bad too.

Loco_sl

shitlord
Watched it with the wife and really enjoyed it. It's about what you come to expect from a Will Ferrell comedy, maybe even a little better because you see some character development on Will's part.

It didn't have some dumb ass romantic sub-plot either.

Bottom line: It's not nearly as bad as people imagine it will be.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Land of the Lost could possibly be the worst movie of all time. Anchor Man 2 isn't far behind it. Will Farrell is following the path of almost every SNL actor in history: Start out awesome with three of four blockbuster movies, then die a quick death. The only SNL actors that have had stay ability are Steve Martin, Dan Aykroyd, and Bill Murray.
Martin wasn't a cast member of SNL, he only hosted or made guest appearances.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
LotL was a kiddie show from the 70s, but since nobody but us old fucks would remember watching it as a kid they made the film more for adults. but the problem with the movie was that whomever wrote and directed the film, was not a fan of the series and they were unable to catch the campy charm of it.
Nostalgia. That was NOT a good show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nostalgia. That was NOT a good show.
its not a good show for people living in the 2000s. definitely wasnt for adults during the 70s. but for a little 7 year old chuk who loved dinosaurs , that show was da bomb. i think i had a crush on holly too, but i dont remember. btw i used to love me some gilligan's island back then too. every morning before school i would watch the don ho show and then gilligan. dunno what crack i was smoking back then, but i found that show great. i think i liked the concept of them making modern gadgets out of cocoanuts and bamboo. land of the lost had dinosaurs, power crystals and scary as fuck sleestacks. i also liked those mysterious temple thingys. that show had some whacky shit going on.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Well, you can be forgiven for liking it as a 7 year old. Hell when I was that age my favorite show was The Dukes of Hazard and I remember being dumbfounded when it was canceled because why would they cancel the best show on television?