<Prior Amod>
since ya'll playing for the first time and probably breezed through it,

the opening title sequence is the most epic ever

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Platinum’ed it. Missed the bow to secret shrines, backtracking, but not too bad.

So...does it matter which ending one choses besides the rewards? I mean, no real post game besides the legend mode which I’ve skipped for now or? Fantastic game, sat for a while. Ooomfff. GoTY for me for sure.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Platinum’ed it. Missed the bow to secret shrines, backtracking, but not too bad.

So...does it matter which ending one choses besides the rewards? I mean, no real post game besides the legend mode which I’ve skipped for now or? Fantastic game, sat for a while. Ooomfff. GoTY for me for sure.
Each choice gives you a different "home base", a different cosmetic and some slightly different dialogue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Each choice gives you a different "home base", a different cosmetic and some slightly different dialogue.
Cool. Is there any new content or point to playing after you get the home base? I went with the honorable ending, forfilled the wish. I mean, I walked around listening to Jin taling about the stuff there. But I completed all quests before this, sans the legend stuff.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cool. Is there any new content or point to playing after you get the home base? I went with the honorable ending, forfilled the wish. I mean, I walked around listening to Jin taling about the stuff there. But I completed all quests before this, sans the legend stuff.
Other than NG+ or the Legends, nope.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Been playing on and off for 2 weeks, finally 100%'d island #1 and i think i'm gonna drop off for a while. The game is pretty good but the main character is bland and boring as hell, the story and quests are pretty bland, the mechanics are decent but nothing amazing, and the quest/map is just Ubisoft 2018 playbook.

It is absolutely gorgeous, especially on PS5 at 60 fps. Sitting on a cliffside while the sun sets and leaves are blowing in the wind is fucking art, definitely top 5 most beautiful video games of the past decade. I just really can't get immersed in the setting or story, and its all super predictable and bland. It did kick up an interest in the tv show Marco Polo (Netflix), only lasted 2 seasons but the guy who played Kublai Khan in that plays basically the same character in this game. I only watched a few episodes and then they cancelled the series but I always thought it was a great show, and maybe watching it will spark more interest in this game.

Its too bad they didn't take the side of the Mongols in the game, I honestly would have way preferred to play as a Mongol invader, having to either be brutal or merciful, giving monologues about how humans only get better when they are tested and set with adversity and honor is what you make of it, etc. Right now though as it stands the main character of GoT is up there with Adan Pierce from Watch Dogs 1 as most boring ass video game character ever.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Had the same feeling after Act 1. But it gets better moving on, so glad I pushed on. Some epic fights ahead, some heartbreaking, and several very, very satisfying moments. And they expand on the gear, whole new game experience with...well, you have to see for yourself, spronk spronk :)

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
oh thats good to hear, i know a lot of people kept saying just do main story on island #1 and skip all the side stuff so you don't overlevel, but i ignored that and did everything first lol. I can totally see some twist shit going on with the Khan, Lord Shimura but hopefully its not as predictable as the story seems to make it so far.

still i think i'll watch Marco Polo first and get back to GoT after playing Yakuza, need a break from samurai world

spronk

FPS noob
1: get some tshirts and business card and shit with you listed as a Vice President at Sucker Punch
2. go to Tsushima Island
3. tell all the hot ladies that you worked on Ghosts and are an ambassador now
4. get laid
5. ??
6. become a yakuza

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

"Tom Cruise is the last samurai and he's gonna run them damn Mongols out of town"

they also announced the game has sold 6.5m copies so far in ~9 months. Horizon Zero Dawn sold 7.5m copies in its first year, not sure about TLOU2

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
The title of "director" becoming commonplace in videogame credits is what really showed me that this pitiful Hollywood envy among devs was never going away and that "cinematic, narrative-driven" games that do neither story nor play well would be the norm from then on.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"cinematic, narrative-driven" games that do neither story nor play well would be the norm from then on.
Ok, but this is the Ghost of Tsushima thread ... perhaps you were looking for Last of Us 2 instead?

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Turned the PS4 on for the first time in months last night because I felt like playing a game but the wife was on the computer. Ended up picking this up because it was on sale.

I think I only played for about 45 minutes and got just past the part where you get your sword back at the beginning. Pretty godamn awesome so far. I know it's going to take me 2 fucking years to beat this at the rate I play, but I can already tell that the story is interesting enough that I'm not going to forget the plot between sessions like most games I play.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users