Ghost of Tsushima

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what the story is but I’ve had a fun 5 hours or so of picking flowers and chasing foxes.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

sole

Molten Core Raider
I have like 2 hours played and probably 5-6 hours in photo mode

• 4Like
  • 1Worf

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After another 3 hours or so tonight. I’m still enjoying the game tremendously. The combat is pretty fun, getting a few skills makes things more interesting. Story is pretty good so far.
The camera is getting to me though, I don’t remember the last time I saw a camera this bad. The combat and game is a lot of fun so I’m tolerating it but it is truly awful at times.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
As for the camera, so far my only real gripe. I think they keep you so zoomed in to give the game a more cinematic feel, but I think they should give the option to zoom out a bit. Otherwise, loving it so far. I don’t even want a ton more zoom, but a bit would go a long way in allowing you to see around you while exploring better.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fucking golden birds are evil, i followed one and i got a quest to ambush 4 mongols, then 4 more came then ANOTHER 4

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Installed and played 5 minutes. So far, my only comment is: Fuck, I wish I didn't have kids. Like I can't play any fucking games in peace anymore. Know what I'm sayin'?

• 7Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Using Kunai, the Standoff kill streak (3), and the Assassination streak....much fun is had.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Installed and played 5 minutes. So far, my only comment is: Fuck, I wish I didn't have kids. Like I can't play any fucking games in peace anymore. Know what I'm sayin'?
1595041995893.jpeg

But yeah I get it. Planned on getting crunked and living my samurai fantasy all night and ended up reading hello bus to a two yr old for an hour. Little feckers have no concept of me time. Got drunk anyway so fuck them kids

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
View attachment 286176

But yeah I get it. Planned on getting crunked and living my samurai fantasy all night and ended up reading hello bus to a two yr old for an hour. Little feckers have no concept of me time. Got drunk anyway so fuck them kids
Everyone is asleep. I'm on my way to drunk. Time to put on the Bose noise cancelling and start the murdering.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so my 1day review is, having played asscreed 1-5

this is the assassins creed we deserve.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imagine how triggered the snowflake gamejourno's would be if they realized that the Samurai were basically the police force of Japan, lol.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
About 15 hours in, completed Act 1 but still have loads of Tales and about 1/4 of the first map section to unveil.

I’m really enjoying the main story and the side quests. The side quest are really well integrated with the main story and what’s happening.

Most of the characters are interesting and well voiced and the writing is good enough that you care about them.

I’m loving the combat despite the camera issues. It’s horrible but I’m getting used to it and compensating for its bad position, still sometimes target the wrong target or i end up behind a wall or obstacle and can’t see anything but it’s manageable.

The skill system is pretty great so far and has enhanced the combat experience a lot. I’m a total badass, doing standoffs every time I can, trying to get perfect parties, switching stances etc.

While I’m mostly going non stealth, I still use it a bit. Actually so far, more than most open world games I’m using a lot of different playstyles. A bit of range with the bow to take a few targets, some stealth, standoffs, and using a few of the weapons. I find the game rewards you well for adapting your play style to the situation. Usually in games line AC I go stealth and barely ever use range or open confrontations, I just stealth mostly from start to finish. So this has been extremely fun so far because of that.

The combat difficulty has been spot on for me at normal. I’m not great at this game, old age and slow reaction time and all that. This is as close to perfect in terms of difficulty for my skill level. I can breeze some of the regular and feel like a badass, and then I miss time a parry or dodge and I’m dead. Some boss fight I’ve done on first try, some took a few tries which is how I like it.

I hate the bamboo strikes, takes me like 5-10 tries. :)

I enjoy the wind thing as a compass, it’s gimmicky but still nice at the end of the day. Same for the birds and foxes, a bit gimmicky but it works.

All in all, I’m happy with the game so far.

This is my character in the Traveller outfit. I use it most of the time. I switch to a different outfit once in a while when I’m about to clear a big camp. Either a stealth or melee one depending on how I plan to clear it.

F4B4D502-68ED-4018-92A2-7D862317574A.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It really just feels like a game that doesn’t hate you. Instant foraging and looting so no bullshit waste of time animations. Fast travel immediately available and to any POI you want. Fast load times. Riding your horse is fun unlike RDR2. Just a lot of little things that make it a good playing experience.

Had my first somewhat annoyance today on the For Tsushima side mission. When the chick rides off to fight the last group I start too far away from my horse to get on and catch her before the “you’re losing the woman” 15 second timer kicks in. Had to redo that part like 12 times before I barely was able to ride on the border of being too far away.

I don’t know how to take a photo of my dude but I found the white armor dye guy so am using that with the white Emperor’s Tears sword kit and the white Peace headband. Pretty badass. Need to find a better hat though that would match.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Riding your horse is fun unlike RDR2.
i didn't play RDR2, but Nobu(what i called my dude), rides like shadow of the colossus, Agro

i would like to slap on some armor on him tho, gets pwn'd pretty quick w/ a quick spearman jap

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
i didn't play RDR2, but Nobu(what i called my dude), rides like shadow of the colossus, Agro

i would like to slap on some armor on him tho, gets pwn'd pretty quick w/ a quick spearman jap

It involved 1 or 2 things. Hitting a twig and being thrown off and you/your horse dying or two bumping in to a town person and the whole city aggroing on you and taking your wanted level sky high.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It involved 1 or 2 things. Hitting a twig and being thrown off and you/your horse dying or two bumping in to a town person and the whole city aggroing on you and taking your wanted level sky high.
wtf, that sounds horrible, i hope suckerpunch sat down and said, "we need a horse mechanic, lets just 100% copy the best horse ever, Agro from SOTC"

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Are the golden birds supposed to lead you to any kind of specific treasures or what? I followed one up and ton of ledges and it let me back to the Ishakawa dojo and had a really badass view but I wasn't sure if I lost the bird or it was leading me to the view.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Are the golden birds supposed to lead you to any kind of specific treasures or what? I followed one up and ton of ledges and it let me back to the Ishakawa dojo and had a really badass view but I wasn't sure if I lost the bird or it was leading me to the view.
never had one lead me to a view yet