Ghost of Tsushima

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
OMG I just obtained...

Ghost Stance, the story sequence leading to it was just amazing, and the following use of the ability was just awesome. What a great ability.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I should rephrase :) Will I get disappointed if not playing on a pro?
Not at all. The game is limited to 1080 on a normal ps4, but runs at a stable 30fps. The Pro in resolution mode runs at 1800 and stable 30fps. Here is a Digital Foundry comparison of the two:

Edit: I've noticed something that makes me laugh each time I see it now. Not sure if it only happens after a perfect parry kill, but that is when I've seen it. The corpse of the killed mob will squirt out two jets of blood while making a "squirt squirt" sound, lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
On Act 3 now, finished all of the Mythic quests but the last one - end of Act 2 was so great and fun. Really enjoying the character side missions as well. I have to say though, the last "boss/duel" of the Kensei armor mission is the hardest thing in this game, by far in terms of difficulty. I struggled a ton with him until I wised up and changed my armor to the increased stagger damage armor.... then he became pretty routine.

Really fun game, glad I decided to grab this because it wasn't on my radar really at all. I don't have a ton of game time these days, but this is by far my GOTY so far and we haven't even gotten to Cyberpunk yet in the fall.

Probably my favorite part of this game is how out of the way the devs went to not punish the player with annoying time sinks (quick travel, instant pickups, tons of ways to complete missions/strongholds etc). Love the wind mechanic and think that should be the standard (or some form of it) in every open world game going forward. I have a few minor quibbles, but this game really gives me all I want from an open world game. Would have preferred a bit more character customization in terms of looks (more armor, weapons etc) but it fits the world and game well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This was such a hard decision, I love the Sakai armour with the extra 2 Standoffs kills but I had to switch it up to the Gosaku armour which increase stagger damage and restore health when you kill a staggered enemy. I think it’s overall better. The standoffs effect is situational this works all the time.

It looks pretty good with black dyed too.
F17C77BA-9FC3-4AFF-BD42-D4866F9499E2.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am not that far yet. Taking my time and savoring this one, plus the wife wants to watch when I play it so I am doing it in three hour bites some evening. Great fucking game and tons of great small touches. Not sure if this is a all time great, but it might be the best open world game of all time. This is what a triple A title should be like.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
God I am still in Act 1. Ha. My dude looks like he has a dye colored bedsheet wrapped around him. I cannot wait to look that cool - Just have to find the time to play more :)

Defiance

<Bronze Donator>
Ghost of Tsushima Dynamic Theme Codes for PS4

Americas: 5NEC-F9N4-75M8
Europe/AU/NZ/Russia/Middle East/Africa/India - 8T2T-CRNJ-FM72
Japan - N4TK-59NH-2LH3
Korea - EM56-NTNC-EHX8
Asia - DHLN-HANF-F6LH

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I finally finished Act 1 and still wanted to go back and finish off collectibles and liberate the locations. Eventually I’ll get back to the story.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
God I am still in Act 1. Ha. My dude looks like he has a dye colored bedsheet wrapped around him. I cannot wait to look that cool - Just have to find the time to play more :)
you should have at least have gotten the masako armor, i prefer using this cuz if i get hit i get resolve back, i love having a full load of resolve to do flash slashes and shit

also i can't wait for new game+ and just play this game as a fucking arrow samuari!

• 1Like

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So I just stayed playing this last night. It's been great so far. Playing on hard and combat feels really sweet. Flying jump kicks into a group of mongos and then quick stepping back just to lunge back into the first mook that tries to close the distance is great. Dancing between being aggressive and defensive just feels really good.

As for the camera. I find you need to actively reposition it during combat for best results. Passively it leaves you pretty blind.

Hasn't really pissed me off yet, we'll see how long that lasts.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One area that they could borrow from the recent God of War is having a button (R3 I guess) just center the view. The camera is very retarded in this game and constantly gets blocked by terrain when you are in the thick of it. This is an especially big deal in the town fights in act one, as well as the longbow "demon" fight.

sole

Molten Core Raider
Spoilered for size. One of the first tracking shots I did. I love this part of the score--watch with sound on.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So, like i have no idea how these fags (doing a bit of reading) are saying tlou2 was a better game... like thats an impossibility.

tlou2 gets a 6/10 from me, and thats b/c the first 10hours are GREAT, if it was a 10hr game it'd be a 9/10, but then they make me play a tranny.

not just that they make me play a tranny AFTER i fully upgraded ellie, what the fuck?

imagine playing jin and finishing act1 AND THEN BOOM, HAHA, now you play as khotun khan and you see from his perspective how he is storming all these castles...

oh and he's fucking level 1, AFTER you've been playing badass Jin all this time.

this is tlou2, it's tries hard not being fun.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So quick question. Does using assassinate (which goes against honor in the storyline) have an effect on the ending? I really like assassinate.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So quick question. Does using assassinate (which goes against honor in the storyline) have an effect on the ending? I really like assassinate.

Don't care. Score the easy kills. Distracting Mongols and then backstabbing them is one of my favorite parts of the game.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So do I. Was just curious.
If you want to know:

No, you are forced to do "dishonorable" actions at least twice during the story, so play as you like. You'll end up in the same place no matter what you do on the journey there.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Nah didn't care about a spoiler - just wanted to know if it made a difference in the ending and if there are multiple endings. If I have to spoil it I'll just wait it out and find out.