Ghostbusters (2016)

spronk

FPS noob
bad music, call of duty modern warfare remastered will not be standalone but require base IW to play (so basically "we know everyone wants THIS game, but you gotta buy this other new game to get it")

and then this came out 2 days later

Cybsled

Lol I just checked. The COD: IW trailer has 1.8 million dislikes hahaha. It beat Ghostbusters as most disliked video ;p

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Exactly, the reality is Feig has been shitting on the fans rejection of his film for a LONG time. It really began as simple 'groaning' like the nerds always groan over reboots. The instant it began, Fieg began beating the 'misogyny, geek sexism, geek culture sucks and is dead!' drum. He whipped the crowd up until they were legitimately angry, and when his bad trailer got shit on, the media was like 'this proves misogyny is real....."

Most people don't know the history, some of it is conjecture, but it's pretty easy to see why shit went down the way it did. Reitman (Original director) andmany original members worked up a storyafter 2010. However, before it began filming, Ramis died, and Reitman decided to not do the project (He said the joy went out of it for him). However, the guy did NOT want it to be reboot, he was really against it, in fact. (He was later on set as the 'old guard' making sure the IP wasn't 'insulted', but it's pretty easy to tell he's not exactly thrilled.)

But at the recent Los Angeles press day for Draft Day, director Ivan Reitman, who helmed the first two films, revealed why he thought the franchise deserved to be explored further. "I certainly think rebooting it is not interesting - i.e., tell the same story but with new guys," Reitman told Spinoff Online in an exclusive interview. "But picking up a story that has a generational shift in it, yes."

"I think there's an appropriate story to tell," he explained. "The world of ghost-busting, just as a concept in terms of its equipment and vehicles, and the sort of spirituality of it, and the metaphysical idea of it, and guys working together, operating like fireman, [those are] ideas there's a contemporary opportunity for."

After he left, the big email leak happened at Sony happened...AndAmy Pascal(Sony Executive for films) was accused of racism and sexism, and a host of other shit for some emails about Obama and female actor pay. She's always been a very pronounced feminist and publicly said she wanted to make more 'all female movies'. So as this came to a head (And she was preparing to leave Sony), she called in her favors, nabbed Fieg, made herself executive producer of Ghost-busters (And spiderman) and all the sudden a movie that was being made withan all female cast! (See how she empowers women? Brave and beautiful!)

One of the first set photos was the 'girl power' photo showing all the woman Pascal and Fieg had hired, illustrating what a good feminist she really was and of course those nasty emails didn't REALLY reflect her. So Fieg creates this movie by shitting on the old script, literally threatening to file suit against the old stars to make them appear, and a ton of production issues. (McCarthy is rumored to very much dislike the film because of how much he broke from Reitman's themes and tone.)

Fieg finishes up filming and as editing begins (And he might realize its not going to be good) and any advertising is good advertising, and he's got the ultimate victim card...Misogyny, plus pascal gets what she wants, a brave woman fighting for the rights of poor women to make movies (See? She's not really sexist, she is weathering these terrible geek misogynists and when he movie bombs it will show how much she fights against the misogyny! If it does well though, also fighting against misogyny and people who didn't believe women could do it!)

Essentially this movie is a pity fuck by Sony for a woman trying to rebuild her reputation. And it's as sad and stupid as most pity fucks are. If it does well, they win, if not, they still get what they wanted out of it--which is a highly visible piece of social justice street cred for Amy to pad against the shit she was caught saying in emails.
I agree with most of what you said except for the fact that there was a clear misogynistic tone tosomeearly critique of the film. You can see it here at the start of this very thread.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I agree with most of what you said except for the fact that there was a clear misogynistic tone tosomeearly critique of the film. You can see it here at the start of this very thread.
its not misogynistic to say that bitches cant handle a proton pack and use it properly to bust ghosts. also chicks be scared of spiders and frogs and little critters, if a big honkin ghost shows up, shes gonna be wetting herself in terror. they could be useful if a man is there and she is helping him, but an all chick team is not possible. even a bulldyke SJW the size of that black chick is gonna run for cover or the nearest shitlord white male for some patriarchal assistance

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lets be honest here the original sexist is Amy Pascal.

She had the stars both actors and directors from team marvel basically begging to make a ghostbusters movie. Instead she went with a all female cast and male feminist director for gender based political reasons.

The funny part is Sony thought they were going to start a ghostbuster universe with this film but they turned down the guys who actually know how to build that universe.

Hint you don't do it be erasing the original movies from your universe at the very start.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
car-crashes-into-boat-woman-driver-drives-off-dock.jpg

Related

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
its not misogynistic to say that bitches cant handle a proton pack and use it properly to bust ghosts. also chicks be scared of spiders and frogs and little critters, if a big honkin ghost shows up, shes gonna be wetting herself in terror. they could be useful if a man is there and she is helping him, but an all chick team is not possible. even a bulldyke SJW the size of that black chick is gonna run for cover or the nearest shitlord white male for some patriarchal assistance
I can see how someone would think it was misogynistic but It was mostly jokes to express disgust over PC culture and all the SJW bullshit. If it was a new IP you wouldn't hear a peep about it, since they took a beloved film and decided to go the SJW route that is the response you get.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Read the first page of the thread, saw no misogyny. Premise is false

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
If this is the part where we debate whether reducing the film to Sex and the City with ghosts is considered misogyny, I'm not interested. We'll just agree to disagree.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
If this is the part where we debate whether reducing the film to Sex and the City with ghosts is considered misogyny, I'm not interested. We'll just agree to disagree.
Yea I wouldn't want to argue thats misogyny either, good call

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Paul is absolutely right about geek culture.

He's also a moron for agreeing to do this movie.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they did a remake with the Backstreet Boys, Mike Tyson, and a talking pigeon what flavor of bigot would we be called for hating it?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Read the first page of the thread, saw no misogyny. Premise is false
How about page 2?

let me put on my sexist pig hat for a second.

chicks are by and large not funny.
no chick in the history of ghost movies has seen a ghost and not screamed and then ran the other way
chicks wont be able to hold or use a proton pack, marla mcginty with her football player shoulders could probably pull it off, but not sandra or cameron or anna.
and you know the whole thing will collapse when a good looking dude shows up and these chicks go all cutthroat on each other.

in all seriousness though. this movie will not work on an all chick premise. older originals, yes, older originals passing the torch to young males yes. even a coed team has a chance. but 4 chicks? uh no.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Much like every other topic, Astro posts are to be ignored and/or made fun of.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
How about page 2?
Yea, but thats Astrocreep. It's like saying because Tanoomba posts in the Gamergate thread that we are all SJW's or because a_skeleton_02 posts in politics, we are all racists.

Some outlying morons here and there, usually the same 5-6 idiots.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
he said SOME early critique of the film, not ALL early critique. On the other hand, no one can be blamed for not reading a chuk post. So in a way, you're both right.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The last thing I remember you saying to me was saying I was astr0ing it up, or something like that.

Besides, I obviously didn't mean no offense, you can replace your name with anyone. My point was you can't blame someone for skipping a single person's post.