Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m really fucking confused how one of the best comedies of the 80’s and my personal fave is now a grim dark Burton film.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It was a Dark Comedy.

It wasn't an ass-shaker where you flop your circumcised dick around with little marshmallows dancing.

Paul Rudd is twerking left cheek, right cheek based on what I've seen.

But Sevens said its not a Paul Rudd movie, so I'll withhold judgment till then.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I personally won't future proof this movie. If you guys want to protect yourselves from the future of additional ghostbuster movie purchases, and you think this is The One, then go ahead and buy it.

Should be fine since next gen ghostbusters isn't out for 3 or 4 more years.

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage

joz123

Potato del Grande
It was a Dark Comedy.

It wasn't an ass-shaker where you flop your circumcised dick around with little marshmallows dancing.

Paul Rudd is twerking left cheek, right cheek based on what I've seen.

But Sevens said its not a Paul Rudd movie, so I'll withhold judgment till then.
You are the female equivalent of Vanessa.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

black really don't crack he looks 30 years younger than the other 2

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You are the female equivalent of Vanessa.
If you asked me as a little kid, I'd have thought that ghost busters was intended to be a scary movie with some comedy. When your young and ignorant, all the scary shit pops out at you and many of the jokes miss. That's probably one of the magic things about rewatching movies from the 80s, your experience is completely different later down the line when they mix horror with other genres, which they liked to do back then.

Now coming to that same conclusion after watching it as an adult? No, not that stupid. It's definitely a comedy.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If you asked me as a little kid, I'd have thought that ghost busters was intended to be a scary movie with some comedy. When your young and ignorant, all the scary shit pops out at you and many of the jokes miss. That's probably one of the magic things about rewatching movies from the 80s, your experience is completely different later down the line when they mix horror with other genres, which they liked to do back then.

Now coming to that same conclusion after watching it as an adult? No, not that stupid. It's definitely a comedy.

Cybsled

A kids view on a film being scary is always going to differ from an adults. When I was 6, that scene in Gremlins where that woman gets launched out the window in her chair was scary. As an adult, it is funny as hell

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Paul Rudd is going to get sucked into one of the traps and discover that it actually goes to the Quantum Realm and create a bunch of crossover MCU consoomer hype

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Mic Drop
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
my brother is a huge ghostbusters fan (dresses up in the costume for charity and shit, his wife drew the line at buying an ectomobile) and he saw the movie last night and texted me that he loved it, felt like a return to the charm and style of the OG with the humor a bit more dry.

I'm not a huge GB fan so i'll just wait till i can see it at home, but it sounds pretty decent

i should really play the game, i heard its pretty good

• 3Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Gremlins scared the ever living fuck out of me as a kid.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Gremlins scared the ever living fuck out of me as a kid.
I literally still get nightmares with critters in it every now and then. That shit and gremlins was terrifying as fuck at like 4-5 years old.

Yes, I realize how stupid it is the second I wake up.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
my brother is a huge ghostbusters fan (dresses up in the costume for charity and shit, his wife drew the line at buying an ectomobile) and he saw the movie last night and texted me that he loved it, felt like a return to the charm and style of the OG with the humor a bit more dry.

I'm not a huge GB fan so i'll just wait till i can see it at home, but it sounds pretty decent

i should really play the game, i heard its pretty good
The games story is fantastic. The controls are ass but you get used to it.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
A kids view on a film being scary is always going to differ from an adults. When I was 6, that scene in Gremlins where that woman gets launched out the window in her chair was scary. As an adult, it is funny as hell
Maybe it’s just residual fear but this still gives me the creeps

AAD93703-833C-4C5C-A673-AB7A3BAAC636.jpeg

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I literally still get nightmares with critters in it every now and then. That shit and gremlins was terrifying as fuck at like 4-5 years old.

i cant make fun of you, i had nightmares about these shit tier puppet things back in the 70s
iu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Lol Critters used to freak me out as a kid also. That scene where they ate the dog was trauma town. HBO played that movie every day it felt like lol

• 3Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haven't seen it yet. But this dude made several videos in past few years with potential signs this movie was gonna suck.

But apparently it is way better than expected? 👍

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic