Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Awesome movie. I had a big smile on my face the whole time. Great movie for the whole family. The daughter was excellent with her deadpan delivery. The movie being basically a giant tribute to Harold Ramis was great to see. Lots of fun easter eggs for fans of the original. The 2 credit scenes were good. Interested to see where they go with this franchise now.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Awesome movie. I had a big smile on my face the whole time. Great movie for the whole family. The daughter was excellent with her deadpan delivery. The movie being basically a giant tribute to Harold Ramis was great to see. Lots of fun easter eggs for fans of the original. The 2 credit scenes were good. Interested to see where they go with this franchise now.
The fuck wrong with you. Liking something that appeals to you and makes you feel good is a cardinal sin. for shame.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Absolutely terrible. Maybe worst movie this year. The kind of people who like this shit are the same ones who think Kill Bill was revolutionary.
I'm imagining you with your popcorn bucket watching proton beams and traps. Then saying fuck this at the end in front of all the normie families.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I'm imagining you with your popcorn bucket watching proton beams and traps. Then saying fuck this at the end in front of all the normie families.
Nah I never even saw this movie. Don’t need to in order to know it’s terrible.

• 3Pathetic
  • 2Direct to DVD
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
It was a sold movie, think the major flaws was it was really slow to get going and the inclusion of Wolfhard.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Not including the 2016 from the start with a proper physical copy and maybe some new extras was a mistake. Ain't no one going to pick that shit up on their own but it might get some new fans if it's lumped in with a bunch of stuff people actually want to buy. Of course given how everyone involved in the making of this stinker acted during interviews and on social media it's pretty fucking funny. Five years later you're still getting hit with this steaming pile. Maybe don't all act like super cunts the moment the dislikes start coming in?

I just think it was a bad call by the suits.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not including the 2016 from the start with a proper physical copy and maybe some new extras was a mistake. Ain't no one going to pick that shit up on their own but it might get some new fans if it's lumped in with a bunch of stuff people actually want to buy. Of course given how everyone involved in the making of this stinker acted during interviews and on social media it's pretty fucking funny. Five years later you're still getting hit with this steaming pile. Maybe don't all act like super cunts the moment the dislikes start coming in?

I just think it was a bad call by the suits.
i can see both sides somewhat. on the one hand, these are only canonical films. 2016 ghostbusters has nothing to do with it. on the other hand, this was a Ghost Corps movie and so was 2016 GB. Ghost Corps is their supposed expanded universe, so it should be included with the canonical films. at the end of the day, anyone who liked the previous films, already has them. so its no big deal.

spronk

FPS noob
out on VOD next week so should hit torrents and stuff soon, i'm looking forward to watching this. it was almost a theatrical movie for me but it zipped off the imax screens so fast i was fine waiting (just like Kingsman 3)

i used to pretty much go see a movie every week during the moviepass/A-List days, but this year I only saw 2 movies in theaters: Fast and Furious 9 and Spiderman No Way Home lol

ShakyJake

<Donor>
out on VOD next week so should hit torrents and stuff soon, i'm looking forward to watching this. it was almost a theatrical movie for me but it zipped off the imax screens so fast i was fine waiting (just like Kingsman 3)

i used to pretty much go see a movie every week during the moviepass/A-List days, but this year I only saw 2 movies in theaters: Fast and Furious 9 and Spiderman No Way Home lol
I see a HD Rip just went up. Quality isn't great but doesn't look like a cam.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Just got done watching, and didn't feel like they ruined one of my childhood favorites.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
It was lacking a certain..I dunno. Didn't have the same feel good impact the OG movies did. Maybe it needs more brown.

Was hoping they would find a cassette in the ecto1 and play that while heading to the mountain.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I liked that they effectively ignored Ghostbusters 2. This was nothing revolutionary, but it was a nice potential reboot of the franchise in a way that respects the existing material. Yeah it pulls a Force Awakens by recycling the original plot but it does so in a way that feels about as organic as it could given the constraints it was working under in terms of nostalgia.

This does set up a potential future for the franchise that harkens more to the 'adventure of the week' flavor of The Real Ghostbusters animated series, which would be a hoot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user