Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's the previous Ghostbusters film. The movie this thread's film is a sequel to.

So, you're doing this diatribe in the Ghostbusters thread and haven't seen it? Par for the course, I guess.

If anything, Afterlife was too reverential to the originals, but it was still clearly full of love and care. Pretty far from debasement, in my mind. I mean, for fuck's sake, it was directed by Ivan Reitman's son.

Doesn't matter, I don't want to see an 84 year old Rolling Stones, I'd rather they quit in 1975 and we all just wistfully wished they still toured. All of these geriatric sequels are equally stifling any art and culture being created (likely post full collapse) by weaponizing nostalgia.

• 1Picard
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
While I pretty much hate all the actors the writing seem true or whatever. I would prefer an older cast but it wasn't terrible, there was a few fake main cast that would have worked. This is aimed at teen/kids, I actually liked G2 so hate me

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ghostbusters was "passing quality"?

The fuck is wrong with you?
I think Ghostbusters was pretty good but it was schlock not a masterpiece, my point was they are scraping even the bottom of the barrel with this shit and anything that had even a cult following is getting these or shitty remakes.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I think Ghostbusters was pretty good but it was schlock not a masterpiece, my point was they are scraping even the bottom of the barrel with this shit and anything that had even a cult following is getting these or shitty remakes.
This is accurate for 99% of reboot/remake IPs. I don't agree for this IP though. You should watch afterlife. THEN feel free to shit all over it like a boss.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This looks potentially pretty good. But I fucking loathed Afterlife.

For context, I adore the first Ghostbusters -- one of my favorite movies of all time. But didn't care for 2 and never watched the 2016 "remake".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

"Hey where do these stairs go?"
"They go up"

If that's not masterpiece writing, I don't know what is.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

No. I don't believe art should be franchised. Come up with a new story.

Fans are ultimately the ones who want more adventures or stories. This isn’t new, either. Doyle tried to kill off Sherlock Holmes and fans wanted more and he ended up undoing the death

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fans are ultimately the ones who want more adventures or stories. This isn’t new, either. Doyle tried to kill off Sherlock Holmes and fans wanted more and he ended up undoing the death
Rambo was supposed to die!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
And folks think Marvel is going to bring back RDJ Iron Man because it's the only thing that can save them. heh

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
kathy bates misery GIF

She never got out of the cock-a-doodie car!