.GIF - Jiff or Giff?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All you jimps and jirls jiddy about your jif as you spew nonsense on your jizmos wasting jigawatts and jigabytes expecting this is joing be a jimme show you don't understand the jirth of the problem. Jiggle with jlee as you proclaim these cheap jimmicks, but wait until the SJWs claims the "v" in gifv shows it is feminine, but then get called on assuming it's gender, and the real wars begin until webm arises victorious.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The fact that you have to type out jif with a J to explain how you aren't on the gif side of the debate should be evidence enough that you're wrong.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
We just have to do that to explain sounds to the less intelligent people who can't comprehend the intricacies of the English language.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg

yiff_png_by_jordanlolqwerty-d8f0vza.png

lskb97p.png

Jive Turkey

Karen
The fact that you have to type out jif with a J to explain how you aren't on the gif side of the debate should be evidence enough that you're wrong.

Do you pronounce it Gin or Jin? Shit... I guess it's a hard G then. Good post

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
You are all wrong. GIF is an initialism and not an acronym and you aren't suppose to read it at all. Ok now pronounce each of 3 letters, the faster the better...

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can only do the first two, then the third always comes out "Joe"

F = J sound confirmed.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
The problem is that it's a word that people read a lot and don't say out loud very often, so most people decided how it was pronounced instead of actually hearing it.

I have said "jif" from the beginning because I'm not an illiterate mouth breather, but if after having it confirmed, you still want to say it with a hard G, then you probably suck cock by choice.

EDIT: BTW, my brother used to be a union electrician and he talks about once hearing a safety instructor tell the class to watch out for "flying derbis".
Listen you antiamerican fag. I'm not about to start saying jiff in the same way I'm not about to start saying garajzh. It's garage you french buttfucking terrorist.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
letter-146001_960_720.png

Hey look, another jigantic ji!

It's such a strong rule, that the ONLY word in the English language that actually contains only the 2 letters in question doesn't even follow the rule....
Case closed. Hard g wins. No funeral.