.GIF - Jiff or Giff?

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I was pronouncing it JIF back in the 90s when I was making my geocities websites, because even in Elementary school I knew what the language rules were.
I don't believe you. Literally everyone who encounters the acronym will naturally pronounce it gif.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I was pronouncing it JIF back in the 90s when I was making my geocities websites, because even in Elementary school I knew what the language rules were.

You were a faggot even in elementary school.... impressive.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't believe you. Literally everyone who encounters the acronym will naturally pronounce it gif.

The whole point of the debate is because people "assumed" they were correct the entire time and are now fighting for their way of interpreting it. So why would you assume I changed from GIF to JIF? I don't care what the creator says tbh, I also don't care if you say GIF. I think the argument is funny as fuck. The English language sucks and both sides have an argument. There is a clear and concise rule but there are many exceptions to the rule, so wtfever.

• 1Solidarity

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only people who pronounce it "jif" are people who actually took the time to look it up so they can be right and signal how smart they are for knowing what the creator says. They get to feel special and swoop with their faggoty correction anytime someone pronounces it like a normal person would.

Talking about grammar rules and all this shit is stupid. Anyone who says "jif" is a huge faggot. Its indisputable. This is everyone who says it.

DpQ9YJl_d.jpg

This reminds me of being a history major and fellow nerds would speak names, places, etc which they had only read but never heard. Paris on the sign river, which is near ver sale ease. Antioch with a cheese sounding ch. Gaius pronounced god-knows-what. My favorite was the strait of "GIH bruh tar"

Being wrong because you have to look it up like a nerd is still wrong.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
This reminds me of being a history major and fellow nerds would speak names, places, etc which they had only read but never heard. Paris on the sign river, which is near ver sale ease. Antioch with a cheese sounding ch. Gaius pronounced god-knows-what. My favorite was the strait of "GIH bruh tar"

Being wrong because you have to look it up like a nerd is still wrong.
Whatever fag

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The problem is that it's a word that people read a lot and don't say out loud very often, so most people decided how it was pronounced instead of actually hearing it.

I have said "jif" from the beginning because I'm not an illiterate mouth breather, but if after having it confirmed, you still want to say it with a hard G, then you probably suck cock by choice.

EDIT: BTW, my brother used to be a union electrician and he talks about once hearing a safety instructor tell the class to watch out for "flying derbis".

• 2Salty
  • 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

rollings

Trakanon Raider
Finally! A topic on this forum I can contribute to!

G - I - F

Glad to be able to help you all out.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Jif. Even the article calls people who say it gif like gift douches ("as a majority of Mac users seem to prefer").

• 2Salty
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the guy wanted it pronounced "jif" he should have called it ".jif". It's like those people who insist on giving their kid a normal name but spelling it in a stupid way. Fuck off snowflakes, you're not special and you don't get to dictate your retard ways onto the rest of us.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the guy wanted it pronounced "jif" he should have called it ".jif". It's like those people who insist on giving their kid a normal name but spelling it in a stupid way. Fuck off snowflakes, you're not special and you don't get to dictate your retard ways onto the rest of us.

Except it's an acronym so the spelling isn't the issue and your analogy sucks. You, however, must be as hard as the g in gif, throwing snowflake AND retard into your parachute post... such a badass.

• 1Salty