Girls who broke your heart thread

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Tenks said:
How often do you guys text message to even make it a valid channel to break up over? If you text message on more than a "Need to know" basis you"re probably over texting which can lead to overcommunication which will lead to a breakup.
You been to a mall recently dude?

Went out there with the wife one friday to pick up some stuff (Namely a pretzel, fucking awesome, thanks for asking), and I was pretty much appalled at how every 3rd person had their goddamned phone out, nose in it, pounding at the keys furiously, with not a single shred of attention paid to the outside world, or anyone they happened to be with.

It was then when I determined I am now officially "old."

That being said, my wife and I use text almost exclusively to communicate. I work from midnight to 10am minimum, she works normal office hours. I"m busy all day actually doing shit, and I can respond when I"ve got some downtime, she works in an office and has normal office shit going on. Plus she"s asleep for a good portion of my day. Text is the clear winner here. I just don"t see the reason to use it to the extent everyone else on the planet does.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
heh, you should try Japan. Everyone just walks around like lemmings punching away at their cells. It"s amazing they can navigate the massive crowds, their peripheral vision must be incredible.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Stoerm said:
You"re not going to gain anything by text conversations, other than the "friend zone".
Absolutely wrong. Texting is a gift from god for getting girls. I am like twice as likely to get laid if I start off with a little texting game first. You can say what you want, when you want, and when you don"t say anything she has no idea why. If you can"t think of anything to say, you say nothing and she thinks you are busy and important.

When she feels like she is losing control of the interaction she will throw up a few roadblocks to test your manhood (all girls do this multiple times an hour in the first few hours of interaction).* In person you gotta recognize the test on the spot and respond appropriately.** In a text you can wait all day to respond, or just ignore it which is often the best response anyway and it drives her nuts. When texting the conversation is almost always on your terms. It"s fantastic.

Also, if you have the contact info of a girl but didn"t have the time or opportunity to build some solid rapport when you met her, texting is a fantastic bridge to a phone call and eventual date. Most girls will read and respond to a text; most girls will not answer an unknown phone number.

*Examples include: playfully make fun of you and see if you get defensive or embarrassed, do or say something overtly sexual to see if it gets you excited (indicating a man who isn"t used to getting any), mention another guy to see if it bothers you, and about 2000 other possibilities. The best response is often pretending nothing was even said and continuing the conversation as normal, but sometimes an appropriate response is helpful, and thats where texting is beneficial to give you more than 2 seconds to think.

**The benefit of texting is more apparent if you aren"t a natural ladies man. You are aware of the important concepts, but haven"t yet internalized the behavior completely. This probably covers almost everyone posting in this thread, making texting incredibly helpful.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
Dabamf said:
Absolutely wrong. Texting is a gift from god for getting girls. I am like twice as likely to get laid if I start off with a little texting game first. You can say what you want, when you want, and when you don"t say anything she has no idea why. If you can"t think of anything to say, you say nothing and she thinks you are busy and important.

When she feels like she is losing control of the interaction she will throw up a few roadblocks to test your manhood (all girls do this multiple times an hour in the first few hours of interaction).* In person you gotta recognize the test on the spot and respond appropriately.** In a text you can wait all day to respond, or just ignore it which is often the best response anyway and it drives her nuts. When texting the conversation is almost always on your terms. It"s fantastic.

Also, if you have the contact info of a girl but didn"t have the time or opportunity to build some solid rapport when you met her, texting is a fantastic bridge to a phone call and eventual date. Most girls will read and respond to a text; most girls will not answer an unknown phone number.

*Examples include: playfully make fun of you and see if you get defensive or embarrassed, do or say something overtly sexual to see if it gets you excited (indicating a man who isn"t used to getting any), mention another guy to see if it bothers you, and about 2000 other possibilities. The best response is often pretending nothing was even said and continuing the conversation as normal, but sometimes an appropriate response is helpful, and thats where texting is beneficial to give you more than 2 seconds to think.

**The benefit of texting is more apparent if you aren"t a natural ladies man. You are aware of the important concepts, but haven"t yet internalized the behavior completely. This probably covers almost everyone posting in this thread, making texting incredibly helpful.
I concede that texting, used in the traditionally successful "I"m ignoring your games, and saying what I like" will pay dividends. You"re USING it to set up the kill. It"s not your endgame, and can"t be.

I get that this layer of "playing" needs to be understood these days; but I stand by most of what I said -- use traditionally successful dating (calling) techniques, apply them to texting -- voila. Win.

I get what you"re saying -- you have a solid understanding of female dating interaction. Fuck it, we"re saying the same thing. Thus, you will get laid.

You can"t get laid texting, the end.

Deadpool_foh

shitlord
Dabamf said:

Couldn"t have said it better, but i always make them wait escpecially the girl im talking to now she hates to wait. Texting has gotten me more pussy then anything. +internets

Edit: I hit it before i even had her number so maybe thats why the ungodly amount of texts she sends hasn"t hurt anything.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You guys are acting like I"m some archaic being incapable of learning new things. I"m 23 (24 tomorrow!) and have a texting plan on my phone. From my personal observation of my own relationship and others on this board texting, more often than not, gets you in alot of trouble. There are a few reasons I think this is:

#1 -- Instant access. She can contact you anywhere, anytime. If you don"t respond too quickly she"ll get pissed. If you respond too quickly you"ll look like you have nothing better to do than text her (ie: you have no life outside of her.)

#2 -- "Anonymous" conversation. Yes I am fully aware both people know each other but if you look at recent studies people are far more sexual and things of that nature when there is no actual spoken communication. This goes for texting and for AIM. If you text too much you"re bound to spill your guts about how you feel because it is easier. If you spill your guts you may either scare the girl away or you will completely castrate yourself and put your balls in her court. Both will lead to a breakup.

For similar reasons to #1/2 I reluctantly give out my AIM SN. Even then if I do give it to her and I feel we"re talking way too much I"ll just go invisible for a day or two. Yes my girlfriend and I do text on occassion. Never is it "Hey, whats up?" it is always "I am running late" or "How about sushi tonight?" (note: after I"ve already called her to make plans just not tell her where.)

Maybe it is the fact I consider myself a far better conversationalist via speech than text (be it email, text or AIM) but in my recent relationships I try to cut needless texting out and it has worked out well. My last relationship that failed after only about 3 months (3 months of puppy love then we realized we didn"t really work together) we texted/Skype/AIM"dall the fucking time. I attribute the overcommunication and self castration to the failure of that one.

I just find it very silly to not learn from mistakes. If a girl breaks up with you generally it is becauseyoudid something wrong. It is very easy to pin the entire thing on them and go "fucking psycho girls" but in reality you should take something away from every failed relationship. I think Eomer would agree with this sentiment as well.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
Tenks, you get it also. Texting while dating is only to be used on very limited basis. It"s successful use isn"t any different than the telephone rules of pre-2000.

Deadpool_foh

shitlord
Relationships are different though, you just have to walk that thin line correctly. If your not dating the bitch though and still getting the pussy who the fuck cares if she stops talking to you it is not very hard to find a new bitch. If half of these stories in this thread are true any lame mother fucker can pick up a bitch, including myself. I"m a fucking dork but i do i right. 3 months isn"t a relationship either thats getting to know someone while on a leash. If your getting pussy texting a girl then keep doing it, if you are getting shut out because your balls haven"t dropped and you tell her too much through text then don"t text. This argument has become redundant.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Ok, since we"re all having fun with text messages, hows this for crazy?

Her = my most recent ex. We had an on/off thing over thecourse of 5 or 6 months, she"s pretty unstable, was abused as a kid etc. I know I should cut her off, but god help me I actually like her for some reason. She currently lives in another state but we either talk or text most days.

I wake up this morning, check my phone

her: I didn"t quit

me: quit what?

her: I didn"t quite smoking

me: You were never really a smoker to begin with... (right towards the end of when I last saw her she smoked like a pack a week, then made a big deal of quitting after a fortnight)

her: yeah but I"m in pain and ibuprofen isn"t working

me: smoking isn"t exactly a painkiller

her: yeah but it distracts me, when you come visit me up here I won"t smoke at all ok? (tentative plans to go visit her in queensland, since I have a lot of friends there I want to visit later in the year)

me: whatever, it"s your body, I can"t stop you

her: oh god reverse psychology... I hate that it always works from you

me: I"m not trying to use reverse psychology, I just don"t care that much. You"re obviously determined to think you want to smoke, so I"m not going to try and stop you

her: thanks...

me: anytime

Her: you just don"t care that much about what me or me smoking

me: Don"t be silly, this has nothing to do with how much I do or don"t care about you. It"s up to you, I can"t change your mind

(This is where shit gets weird)

her: Im not I just want to know how you feel about * from ty

me(confused as to wtf that means): huh?

her: I"m *"s brother and i know she cares about you and i want to know how you feel about her

me: is this a joke?

her(him?):no

(note, I don"t actually know any brother of hers. I"m thinking it"s probably her step brother, she"s very close to her sister and sister"s husband, who she"s living with up in QLD)

me: ok mate this isn"t third grade, I"m not going to have some discussion by proxy. She knows how I feel and if she wants to discuss that with me herself she"s welcome to.

Her(him?): just chill mate. I"m only askin a question it"s not * asking or wanting to know it"s me. I already know about everything she"s been through and I don"t want to have to pick up the pieces again. So I just want to know where you stand and now I know.

And I haven"t replied to that yet. So uhm, I think his deserves a big WTF. I"m not sure if it really is some third grade "you talk to him teehee" ploy or if she"s trying to play some bizarre mindgame or what. Anyone with any insight into this shit? (beyond the obvious that I should cut her off. She"s batshit crazy, I know).

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
^as this thread has demonstrated, I have no idea what the fuck is going on there and you probably shouldn"t listen to me.

Some advice is required on my end however, so please feel free. So when I was in Tokyo and looking to kill a few hours before my train left for the airport, I went and picked up a Yukata from a department store near Shinjuku (Yukata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Basically a simpler kimono. I figured what the hell, a kimono is kind of the stereotypical thing to bring back from Japan right? And to be quite honest, my intention was to give it to the girl I had met prior to the trip. But I am fully aware that would seem kind of weird, since we basically hooked up one night, hung out the next day, and that"s pretty much it. Perhaps giving such a gift so soon would be strange or coming on too strong.

Basically the plan for our first "date", if such a thing exists after hooking up, is to go grab a bite and then go to an Oilers game, and as my place is conveniently located directly beside the subway station from the game, to come back after and present her with the gift and bask in the glory of my awesome, thoughtful gift.

Good plan, or Chuck pt 2?

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"Check out this Kimono I got from Japan.. "

If she seems interested and likes it, respond with "Awesome I thought you"d like it, want it?"

Offering it up straight as a gift would likely end in awkwardness.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would hold off from giving gifts Eomer. No need for that shit dude. Make them earn it!

As for texting. I love it. You can role play into their pants. I would always break up with a girl the same night I met her in a joking manner and just carry that shit over to text. By the time we meet we have already named our 5th kid. They are just so much more comfortable.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Texting also helps since 4 years of EQ, and 3 years of WoW have left me a text based flirting master.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Alright, so the consensus is "give her the gift, she"ll think it"s awesome and thoughtful and will love you forever!"

Thanks guys!