Girls who broke your heart thread

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Lusiphur said:
Eomer, don"t be that guy/girl that just disappears.

We all hate that shit when it happens to us so don"t be the one doing it.
Don"t listen to this guy, do you seriously want to spend a whole entire day trying to explain to her why she isn"t suitable for you? It"s not going to be a 5 second conversation and it serves no purpose seeing as you both have absolutely zero history as friends or acquaintances.

No thanks.

then you wont be torturing the girl for a week until she gets "the message".
Fostering this kind of mentality is horrible. The law is, if you are not contacted back than that person is most likely not interested or doesn"t have time for you to begin with. Don"t even think about having a discussion like this with the person in which you described.

Eomer is doing shit right, stop trying to talk him into being a Nancy.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Eomer said:
See, I somewhat disagree with you there. Sure if you marry a chick at 21 you"re going to most likely be in for a surprise. However once people get in to their mid to late 20"s, there IS a very good chance they"ll stay the same past that. If they haven"t established an exercise or eating regimen to maintain a healthy body weight by then, they probably never will. And if they have, then they"ll probably maintain it or stay close enough to it.
You want kids? The woman who stays the same weight after kids is the genetic anomaly, doesn"t usually happen, and no way to tell beforehand.

You"re rolling the dice no matter what.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
yeah Dabamf, those words did kinda float through my head. The shitty part about it is I still care for her, she"s going to get hurt and while I wont say I told her so....I"m not going to be there to mop up her tears so to speak.

As for what Eomer is saying, I guess let me give my take.

Weight has never honestly been a huge (no pun intended) issues for me. If I meet a girl and see she is packing a few extra pounds I just let it go and I evaluate everything else about her after that. If you are more of a physical attraction guy then that"s who you are and that"s fine. Me, I go for mental connections.

My recent ex and I had every gosh thing under the sun in common...you know...other then the fact I appear to have common sense and she doesn"t.

anyways...

We met on OKCupid, we talked for a few weeks then met up, I really dug the girl at this point and when I got to the place where we were meeting for dinner I noted she was a bit heavier then when appeared on her profile. The thought was in my head for exactly 20 seconds as I sat down, she smiled and I began the process of really getting to know her.

I was so attracted to her mentally that the weight for me became such a non issue that I began to find her physically attractive as well. It"s just the way my brain works, I"m not settling by any means and there IS a limit. If I walked up to a girl that was as wide and she was tall then yea, that"s an issue. 30lbs though to me, whatever, weight can change, outlook, attitude and personality are (except under extreme circumstances) more concrete and resistant to change.

If you find a perfect 10, what are you going to do if in 5 years she puts on 30lbs? Weight and physical attraction are important but I guess with me, they come after I decide whether I have a mental connection and attraction to them first, i don"t even bother with looking at the physical to much until after I reached the point I just stated.

Right now there is an 8 or 9 that is wanting to go out with me and honestly, I"d rip this girl in half given the chance, but I"m so unattractive to her on a mental and emotional level that I just avoid her.

I dunno, I"m different then most I guess. There"s nothing wrong with the way you are, I"m just trying to provide a different perspective for you is all.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Another post to elaborate.

I banged the redhead. She stopped talking to me and I sure as fuck would love to hit it again.

I sent her a text asking what she is doing this week and had no response since I sent it on Monday.

My duty not only as a man but someone who has been around the block, is that my contact with her is done until she responds back. I do not ask for reasons and Imove onto thenext womanthat suits what I am looking for at that given moment in time.

So there is your situation flipped around and in my own shoes from what I am directly experiencing at this moment in time.

So for the love of god,don"t message that woman anymore.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I will also say if you"re looking for perfect 10"s internet dating isn"t the best solution. For those kinds of girls you need to look in the real world. You maybe able to find a few physical 9/10 but in general these chicks are simply attention seekers. I am guilty of this as well but it seems like once a few online profiles are set up many people abandon the real world to find girls. Honestly I"m much luckier when asking girls out in the real world than online. Online they are getting tons of attention from various guys. You have go through almost a job interview until you can even get their phone numbers and then when you meet up you find their online personas aren"t always the same as reality (ie: they hype themselves up much more online.)

However if you want to find a girl who you connect with mentally (ie: you can have a 4 hour long conversation and date) online is a fantastic way to do this. Generally when you pick a girl up outside the internet you have a quick 5 minute conversation, get her number, and bounce the scene. Very standard method. You really know nothing about her, nothing about her life, nothing about her personality you simply have, for the most part, physical attraction to work on. So you really need to sit down and evaluate yourself Brad styles and determine which kind of girl you are more interested in: one you connect with more physically or one you connect with more mentally. Finding them takes two radically different approaches.

I will say with my ex girlfriend, for me, it wasn"t an instant "Wow this chick is hot" type thing. However the more and more I got to know her and I realized she had tremendous inner beauty (and she wasn"t ugly by any regard, either) I simply fell for her. I wouldn"t be so quick to dismiss but yeah if a girl weighs about as much as you and is 5 inches shorter that may be gross.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tyen said:
Another post to elaborate.

I banged the redhead. She stopped talking to me and I sure as fuck would love to hit it again.

I sent her a text asking what she is doing this week and had no response since I sent it on Monday.

My duty not only as a man but someone who has been around the block, is that my contact with her is done until she responds back. I do not ask for reasons and Imove onto thenext womanthat suits what I am looking for at that given moment in time.

So there is your situation flipped around and in my own shoes from what I am directly experiencing at this moment in time.

So for the love of god,don"t message that woman anymore.
Tyen is pretty much correct. I went out with a girl Thursday and she was way hot, very much my style and I thought we had a pretty good evening (though we both got fairly drunk.) I messaged her the next day (well, yesterday) saying I had a good time and she never messaged me back. Am I going to wollow in self pity? Fuck no. I"m going to move on. Granted it"s a hell of a lot easier to do that when you have options but it"s a first fucking date for some chick I met online. There is no telling how it"s going to go. I had a fun evening, she didn"t. Easy as that. I had a date Friday, I have one Sunday and I have another Wednesday. No need to whine and bitch.

-edit-

Although I will say I generally give them two ignored messages until I give up. It"s easy for them to get distracted and forget to respond to one but two is the limit.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:
Eomer"s gonna learn to settle when he"s 40 and still not married.
Not likely. One of the people I travel with is a guy in his late 40"s that owns the ski tour company I go with, as well as several of the most popular bars in Alberta. People joke that we"re either twins or father/son, because we"re both average height, bald, and kind of look like each other. He"s never been married or had kids, and just travels around the world skiing, partying, and having a good time. While personally I can see myself having a family at some point, if it doesn"t happen I can think of worse things than to follow in his foot steps. Dude"s got booty calls all over the world. I"m thinking of joining him on the Inca Trail in a couple months, and immediately before that he"s got a booty call in Buenos Aires and after that he"s spending 5 weeks climbing Aconcagua. I"m sure he feels lonely and bitter.

Aztlan_sl

shitlord
You"d be surprised how people feel who have so many options in areas of sex but never have or had long term relationships with people they can count on. There"s something to say about having a very long term relationship.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
If that"s your plan Eomer then doesn"t it seem to be counter productive to ask for relationship advice? If the fall back plan is to have booty calls on all 7 continents it sounds ridiculous that you are in any way ready or desirous of a life time commitment to anyone but yourself. Which is 100% cool if that"s what you want but you"ve been playing it off in this thread about how much you want to find someone and how you"ve lamented over chuck and anne.

Do you want someone that you"re in 50-50 with for the long haul really?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tarrant220 said:
I was so attracted to her mentally that the weight for me became such a non issue that I began to find her physically attractive as well. It"s just the way my brain works, I"m not settling by any means and there IS a limit. If I walked up to a girl that was as wide and she was tall then yea, that"s an issue. 30lbs though to me, whatever, weight can change, outlook, attitude and personality are (except under extreme circumstances) more concrete and resistant to change.

If you find a perfect 10, what are you going to do if in 5 years she puts on 30lbs? Weight and physical attraction are important but I guess with me, they come after I decide whether I have a mental connection and attraction to them first, i don"t even bother with looking at the physical to much until after I reached the point I just stated.

Right now there is an 8 or 9 that is wanting to go out with me and honestly, I"d rip this girl in half given the chance, but I"m so unattractive to her on a mental and emotional level that I just avoid her.

I dunno, I"m different then most I guess. There"s nothing wrong with the way you are, I"m just trying to provide a different perspective for you is all.
I am definitely like this as well.

chu_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Not likely. One of the people I travel with is a guy in his late 40"s that owns the ski tour company I go with, as well as several of the most popular bars in Alberta. People joke that we"re either twins or father/son, because we"re both average height, bald, and kind of look like each other. He"s never been married or had kids, and just travels around the world skiing, partying, and having a good time. While personally I can see myself having a family at some point, if it doesn"t happen I can think of worse things than to follow in his foot steps. Dude"s got booty calls all over the world. I"m thinking of joining him on the Inca Trail in a couple months, and immediately before that he"s got a booty call in Buenos Aires and after that he"s spending 5 weeks climbing Aconcagua. I"m sure he feels lonely and bitter.
If you think the only point of having someone by your side is sex, then you"re very mistaken.

Even I get that point, and I"m a fag.

Brad2770

I was/am ok with hooking up with a chic that is hot, but crazy in the head. That may be a big problem that I have. Not caring what they have to say or offer, but how big the tits are or how nice the ass is- Strippers fall well into this category.

I really need to start doing art classes again. There were a lot of nice looking chics in those classes, but I was dating/recently married, so it didnt matter.

** (just wanted to make clear that i dont plan to try and date now, though I will still try for hook-ups)

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eomer said:
You are bald at 30? Not tryin to be a dick but I"m goin back to my "shallow hal" diagnosis.

And your friend sounds pretty successful. you wouldn"t believe how much the perception of grandeur means to sluts. i grew up in bars, started working in them at age 17. owned three by 19. the absolute ease at which you can get ass and how easily you learn to get ass from working in or owning a bar is like taking candy from a baby. it is seriously a joke. even fat bouncers get laid, and often.

my point here is you need to read between the lines. one of my close friends is 35, fat, bald and is a drunk. his dad owns a bar, and because of that he has banged hundreds of girls, and he is LONELY as shit because he can"t keep a girlfriend for a plethora of reasons.

someone who is obviously fortunate enough to be able to travel all over the world really isn"t in the same position as a lot of people. we dont know him, but he is older and probably very realistic. if you take two people who look alike, act alike and think alike, but one of them is rich, it is COMPLETELY different to girls. the girls who get targeted dont care if you like the notebook. money gives you confidence, and as a result of that you develop a kind of pseudo sort of "douchebag game". the problem is most girls are dumb as shit and fall for it.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Dandain said:
If that"s your plan Eomer then doesn"t it seem to be counter productive to ask for relationship advice? If the fall back plan is to have booty calls on all 7 continents it sounds ridiculous that you are in any way ready or desirous of a life time commitment to anyone but yourself. Which is 100% cool if that"s what you want but you"ve been playing it off in this thread about how much you want to find someone and how you"ve lamented over chuck and anne.

Do you want someone that you"re in 50-50 with for the long haul really?
Maybe I"m not being very clear, but basically yes I would like to find the perfect girl and live happily ever after. However at the same time, I"m not going to just dive in to it with anything that comes along. I thought I"d found that girl in Anne, but unfortunately it wasn"t to be.

Basically I"m just taking it as it comes. If I find that person, awesome. If not, the single lifestyle suits me just fine as well.

ToeMissile said:
I am definitely like this as well.
There"s no question in my mind that the physical attraction you feel for someone can be reinforced by your feelings for them. That very much happened with Anne. But at the same time, I don"t think that entering in to a relationship where you have little or no physical attraction to the person is a good idea, even if they"re extremely compatible with you personality wise.

ark said:
You are bald at 30? Not tryin to be a dick but I"m goin back to my "shallow hal" diagnosis.
Not bald, but balding. I could grow my hair out longer and it wouldn"t be overly noticeable, but it would definitely be thin. As it is I shave it really short, and it just looks like it"s shaved short everywhere until it gets to about 1/4" long, then it becomes apparent that it"s pretty thin on top. Damn my genetics.

ark said:
And your friend sounds pretty successful. you wouldn"t believe how much the perception of grandeur means to sluts. i grew up in bars, started working in them at age 17. owned three by 19. the absolute ease at which you can get ass and how easily you learn to get ass from working in or owning a bar is like taking candy from a baby. it is seriously a joke. even fat bouncers get laid, and often.
Basically he started the ski tour company in highschool, and continued it through university. It used to make big coin, and that allowed him to start buying bars etc with his buddies. The ski tour business hasn"t been profitable in over a decade, but so long as it"s not losing big money he keeps it running for the fun of it.

He"s just naturally a really charismatic, fun guy. However he"s not smarmy in the slightest. I"ve never actually seen him pick up women and he virtually never talks about it, he just has em spread out all over the place on the side. Why he never settled down, I don"t know, we"re not close enough to really discuss that kind of thing.

ark said:
someone who is obviously fortunate enough to be able to travel all over the world really isn"t in the same position as a lot of people. we dont know him, but he is older and probably very realistic. if you take two people who look alike, act alike and think alike, but one of them is rich, it is COMPLETELY different to girls. the girls who get targeted dont care if you like the notebook. money gives you confidence, and as a result of that you develop a kind of pseudo sort of "douchebag game". the problem is most girls are dumb as shit and fall for it.
Like I said, he most definitely does not have a douchebag game. People in general, not just women, naturally gravitate towards him and want to hang out with him simply because he"s a lot of fun (that"s his favorite word, you"ll be strolling down a dirty street in Val Paraiso and he"ll spot some dark, dank bar and be like "hey! Let"s go in here! Looks fun!" and within 15 minutes of being in there everyone in the bar is his best friend). He doesn"t throw money around and outwardly if you just met him he looks like a normal, late 40"s bald dude.

Chu said:
If you think the only point of having someone by your side is sex, then you"re very mistaken.

Even I get that point, and I"m a fag.
I didn"t mean to imply that at all. I was just responding to Grobbee that even if I don"t find someone that meets my expectations, I"m not overly concerned with growing old, bitter and lonely. I"m almost through my 20"s, and despite spending probably 80% of it single, I"ve had a great decade since I finished highschool and if the next one is half as fun, I"ll be perfectly content.

Rica86_foh

shitlord
Tarrant220 said:
Weight and physical attraction are important but I guess with me, they come after I decide whether I have a mental connection and attraction to them first, i don"t even bother with looking at the physical to much until after I reached the point I just stated.
While that"s a nice line and all, it"s total BS. How does one find a mental connection/attraction before the physical? There could be the sweetest/coolest/whatever adjective you want that"s appealing to you girl out there and if you don"t like how she looks enough to go up and talk to her or click on her online profile picture on a dating site (I assume that"s how it works, never used one) then you are never going to know. The first move is always physical attraction. I mean in my own personal preference, I won"t date a chick over like 160lbs or so, and it still depends on their height/how they carry it. I"m sure there"s guys out there that would date a 190lb chick, and more power to them but that"s too much for me to find attractive at first glance to initiate anything.

On the weight subject though to relate to the recent conversation. I use to be way more picky about weight, like I don"t think I ever dated a chick over 110lbs or so. I mean the chicks I went after were like walking public service announcements for anorexia. I met a chick who was a good 165ish, like 5"8ish... things hit off really well, so I didn"t think the weight thing would bother me. We dated a couple weeks and it really ended up bothering me aside from us being like a perfect match in every other regard, so I called it off. A month or so later after some misses, I realized that I had a good thing and threw it away over something stupid. Re-contacted her and she was willing to give it a second chance thankfully, and we dated for about a year and it was probably the best relationship I"ve had to date before she decided to be the one that ripped my heart out and stomp on it. I guess karma is a bitch though. What I walked away from it though was pretty much the same thing mentioned by tarrant in the second part, that the whole personality/compatitability far out ways shit like looks if you really can get along well with someone. I also actually prefer chicks that have some meat on them these days over the walking dead.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
so last night i went to this chick"s birthday party. she has been sweatin me ever since we met when i came back to school this semester. she"s a friend of my two new roommates. anyway she has this creepy awkward friend dude who i was gettin bad vibes from all night but i didn"t really think much of it. so anyway she ends ditching her own birthday party to come back to my place and get banged. then in the morning she has this ridiculous voicemail message from this creepy kid who is professing his love for her and telling her if she sleeps with me he"s going to kill me. so you may all finally get your wish.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
kegkilla said:
so last night i went to this chick"s birthday party. she has been sweatin me ever since we met when i came back to school this semester. she"s a friend of my two new roommates. anyway she has this creepy awkward friend dude who i was gettin bad vibes from all night but i didn"t really think much of it. so anyway she ends ditching her own birthday party to come back to my place and get banged. then in the morning she has this ridiculous voicemail message from this creepy kid who is professing his love for her and telling her if she sleeps with me he"s going to kill me. so you may all finally get your wish.
Does UPS ship katanas?

Brad2770

kegkilla said:
So, that would make him Kegkilla... killa? right?