Girls who broke your heart thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Rica86 said:
While that"s a nice line and all, it"s total BS. How does one find a mental connection/attraction before the physical?
Mainly just from past experiences really. As stupid/corny or retarded as it sounds, I will acknowledge if a girl is physically hot or not, but I don"t develop an attraction until I get to know them.

The main way what you asked happens is in the case of my recent ex, we found each other online, not in person. Talked to each other for about 2 or 3 weeks before we met. As time went on we talked more and more until we were pretty much texting each other throughout the day every day. I really dug her, and while I saw her pics and had an idea what she looked like, she was about 30lbs or 40lbs heavier then I originally though but at that point as long as she didn"t look like the freak from Goonies, I wouldn"t have cared.

Like I said, I know most people aren"t like this and that"s cool. The past 3 years have taught me a lot about judging people both on the basis of whats inside and outside. I refuse to judge a person until I talk to them.

Now that"s not to say I"m going to hit on some 300lb woman with a 5oclock shadow, like I said, there are limits and DOES have to be some sort of physical spark saying otherwise would be retarded.

chu_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
I didn"t mean to imply that at all. I was just responding to Grobbee that even if I don"t find someone that meets my expectations,I"m not overly concerned with growing old, bitter and lonely.I"m almost through my 20"s, and despite spending probably 80% of it single, I"ve had a great decade since I finished highschool and if the next one is half as fun, I"ll be perfectly content.
NO ONE IS in their 20s.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I"ve got a date tomorrow with a girl who is 28 ... I"m 24 (and a half!) I"m not sure if the rules are different for girls who are older than me. The one chick I went out with on Thursday was 27 but she was way immature for her age and this girl seems pretty solid. Oh well I"m a pretty stable 24 year old so I"ll just be me like always. I"m just used to girls 21-23.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Tenks said:
So I"ve got a date tomorrow with a girl who is 28 ... I"m 24 (and a half!) I"m not sure if the rules are different for girls who are older than me. The one chick I went out with on Thursday was 27 but she was way immature for her age and this girl seems pretty solid. Oh well I"m a pretty stable 24 year old so I"ll just be me like always. I"m just used to girls 21-23.
I just made sure to avoid topics like going out partying and stuff like that. I don"t do it that often anymore, but I wanted to avoid her possibly perceiving me as a guy who does all the time so I made sure to not mention that sort of thing. But yea no matter the age, with confidence all girls will buy into your frame, so older or younger is irrelevant. Well done on nabbing an older chick...I never could in the states, instead I had fucking high schoolers and shit interested in me, while I was eyeing the 27+ year olds.

Just now I finished a date w/ DG, and jesus titty fucking christ I think my dick is going to murder me in my sleep. I got denied on the over-the-shirt breast grab AGAIN. Now, by Korean standards, we are still moving ridiculously fast, but I"m still about to lose my mind. She came over again to my apartment on her lunch break, which she over time has now increased to like 5 hours. It"s pretty standard now, date every Sunday 11-3 or 4ish. I was out all night and actually almost missed her call b/c I was passed out, but caught it when she got here thank god. Anyway, she came over bringing me donuts and bagels and shit as always and we watched a movie, aka rolled around in bed making out the whole time. On like 4 occasions I tried to escalate and got denied, and the last time I pulled a pretty vicious freeze-out on her. It wasn"t intentional, I just got frustrated because it"s difficult to hold back so much, so I completely withdrew. Even though a freeze-out is preposterously effective, knowing from theory and the 1 time I tried it as an experiment, it"s crossing that line into blatant manipulation so I won"t ever do it intentionally. But it was involuntary today. And it never fails in getting a girl to reconsider the merits of resistance and also make her feel like she has to make it up to you. I hate that it"s so effective because it"s just there tempting me "do it, do it" but I only plays games and shit to clearly and simply convey a true image of myself in a beneficial light, never to downright manipulate.

Anyway, it"s getting a little ridiculous now to me, the slow progression. I am supportive and accepting, and even managed to communicate despite the language barrier that the slow pace was unusual to me (and as a result difficult), esp. bc I liked her so much, but that I want her to be comfortable w/ me before we progress to other things. But, maybe it"s just that I"ve actually never encountered so much resistance, the 2 weeks that passed since she was last at my place and alone (in addition to at least 4 after-work brief meetups and 1 more date) has not led to any progression at all. I got stopped at the same place 2 weeks ago as I did now, the only difference being she was just slightly less sure about resisting this time. There"s a delicate balance between maintaining a strong frame of "doing x,y,z is okay...its GOOD" and being understanding of her resistances. I need her to be comfortable with me and at the same time keep my frame that what I am trying to do is OK and good and that she can and should come around to thinking that too.

Turns out I really like her, in spite of the language barrier. I"ve gotten good at conveying ideas in simple terms and we understand each other pretty well without a whole lot of words. But, once again, given the lack of sex or even any sexual progression at all, I can"t be sure how much is real and how much is that lying asshole called a penis deceiving me so he can take a dip.

Careful, they"re way better at manipulating you than you are them, Dabamf. You"re out of your element. I"d stick to the military base areas, and expats if you want your usual fare.

Otherwise, you may just have to give up and like her without the sex right off the bat. Shocker, I know.

Brad2770

I wish I was interested in the older women. I have a lot more older women interested in me than the younger ones. A lot more. But I have some kind of stupid mental block about dating a woman, even one day older than me.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Desidero said:
Exactly how long have you two been dating now?
Well, we never actually had any relationship convo, which from what I know is very unusual here, but we started dating almost 2 months ago I believe, with the first kiss on the 2nd date. Time is fuzzy, but we"ve been "together" for I"d say at least a month now, likely more than that in her mind, and 2 weeks exactly that we have been very close (texting multiple times a day, using words like "miss", etc). 2 weeks of that isn"t much, but neither is breast grabbing, and if after 2 weeks of being really close + the month and 1/2 before isn"t enough, I feel like the wait for sex is gonna be 12 years.

The good thing is she is less bound by cultural norms than most people. Our kiss, for example, she initially resisted, eventually giving in very reluctantly. But the next date, she initiated it herself, and I could somehow see in her eyes that she had thought about it between our meetings and decided for herself what she wanted, rather than look to what is "normal" in her culture for guidance. I guess this is actually part of the reason I was frustrated today, I figured after she denied me x4 2 weeks ago she would have thought it over and decided it was ok.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just give it time, if you"re really that interested in her just enjoy where you are now. She knows you want more, you"ve made it clear and honestly if you really like her as much as you say you do, do you really want to feel like you pressured her into something she wasn"t ready for? Because afterward that can really throw a wrench into shit if it ends up being the case. You don"t want her to regret anything, the moment she does, it"s game over.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
kegkilla said:
so last night i went to this chick"s birthday party. she has been sweatin me ever since we met when i came back to school this semester. she"s a friend of my two new roommates. anyway she has this creepy awkward friend dude who i was gettin bad vibes from all night but i didn"t really think much of it. so anyway she ends ditching her own birthday party to come back to my place and get banged. then in the morning she has this ridiculous voicemail message from this creepy kid who is professing his love for her and telling her if she sleeps with me he"s going to kill me. so you may all finally get your wish.
+1 lps

Tenks

So my date last night with the older girl went really, really well. Honestly I was kind of hoping I didn"t really like her because I"m not 100% sure if I want to date someone 4 years older than me. However, she is really funny, very easy to talk to, super cute and short as hell. For some reason I like short girls, like 5"1-5"4 range. Though I dated one 4"11 that was getting a bit too short.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Eomer said:
Sure if you marry a chick at 21 you"re going to most likely be in for a surprise. However once people get in to their mid to late 20"s, there IS a very good chance they"ll stay the same past that.
This is something people in their mid-to-late 20s tell themselves they same as people at 21 do. People still change, get bored, etc, possibly at a slower or more minute rate, but you are still subject to it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Girl I was talking to just up and stopped talking to me in the middle of talking to me through texts the other night.

Nothing unusual was being talked about, we were talking about pain killers as I currently have some fractured ribs and she was giving em advice on how to take them for fast relief and informed her I couldn"t really do anything outside the box until I saw how they were going to effect my system (heavy pain killers do not agree with my body)

After that she flat out stopped talking, no signs no nothing leading up to it. She didn"t return my phone call yesterday, I texted her a few times at first thinking somethign was wrong on her end, but noticed she posted a few things on Facebook.

She always told me flat out if she ever had an issue with me she would be upfront about it and wouldn"t pull this shit and now, blam, here we are.

I"m more bothered about the "why" more so then her stopped all communications. Just weird, came out of no where and I"m just kinda like "well.....wtf?"

She was cool and had potential too, not much I can do though. I wont be trying to contact her anymore and honestly, I doubt I"m going to try for anything else for awhile tired of games and bullshit.

Tenks

Heh I had something similar happen. Chick I was talking to just stopped returning my texts. I"m not too shook up since there was a pretty big maturity disparity between the two of us and she wasn"t the top contender for being my future girlfriend but it was still irritating. I still kind of wanted to be friends with her at least.

Oh well. Internet dating sucks sometimes because there is such a large pool of people generally girls have no issues just disconnecting communication and moving on. I can"t blame "em I"ve done it as well. Such is life.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This wasn"t even internet dating, this was a girl I went to school with and looked me up on Facebook. We kinda connected and were in the process of getting to know one another before we decided on what we were going to do with things. Both of us just came out of crap relationship circumstances.

-shrugs- not sure if I"ll ever know, getting harder and harder to trust people though.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Tarrant220 said:
Both of us just came out of crap relationship circumstances.
Sounds like one you just went back into that crap relationship.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Doubtful, she found out the guy was married.

Not ruling anything out and that thought crossed my mind too it"s just from everything I know about her, her behavior isn"t adding up...she"s very upfront and blunt about...well...everything but anything is possible I suppose.

Either way, it"s done and over with and I"m past it.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Tarrant said:
She always told me flat out if she ever had an issue with me she would be upfront about it and wouldn"t pull this shit and now, blam, here we are.
This is a flat out lie. Maybe they don"t know they"re lying when they say shit like this, but if they do, don"t believe it for a second. Very few girls are actually wired that way. Hell, most of the time THEY don"t know if there"s an issue, or if there is one, what it might be. It"s unfortunate, but reality.

I"m the same way, I"d like to know what happened to make them change their mind or move on, and it can eat me up. But the chances of getting an actual explanation of what happened are slim to none. Rather, you"ll get a bunch of total bullshit that revolves around them trying to justify their fucked up behavior in their own mind so they won"t feel internally guilty about it.

No, I"m not bitter .

Doubtful, she found out the guy was married.
heh, you"d be surprised. The "type A" guy I"ve mentioned before and his girlfriend want to set me up with one of her friends, if only to get her out of the freakshow relationship she"s been in for over a year with a married guy (kids too). I can"t even come close to explaining or understanding why someone would put themselves in such a fucked up, shitty situation, but girls continually do it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I"m seeing more and more the "I say one thing and mean another" stuff.

The thing is, with her other past relationships, shes had no issue telling the guy why and what for when things ended. I fail to see why I would be any different but I seem to spark all the awesome circumstances with relationship endings.

-shrugs- Move on I guess, what else am I going to do, I refuse to be a little bitch about it, that"s not me...it used to be...but not anymore.