Girls who broke your heart thread

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Eomer said:
So I got a text message from my sis in law:

"[email protected] - sorry it"s been busy getting the family ready to leave! She is seeing someone but I will let u figure it out. She did say I could pass on her email... Good luck."
What your sis in law wants you to figure out: The girl you"re after is banging the other girl you were cosidering. And they are looking for a boy toy.

Yeah probably not, but you"d deserve it...

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I"m very aware of promoters and what girls like to do, I would usually write this one off if I hadnt met her about 3 years ago when I first met my x then seen her off and on throughout my last relationship, I figured as a promoter she would grind then hop around to other guys, which is what she did except she danced with me for a good 30 minutes which seemed longer than I would dance with somebody if I was a promoter trying to whore my attention out.

Brad2770

I really like/hate doing my marketing.

From what Eomer just said, about women in customer service and sales, it really is hard to tell what they are intending.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You"re putting too much thought into it. She danced on you, she left, danced on another 10 guys, came back to you, danced on you, left, danced on another 45 guys, came back to you, danced on you, left, danced on another 9001 guys, went home, put on her pj"s, went to sleep.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Tenks said:
You"re putting too much thought into it. She danced on you, she left, danced on another 10 guys, came back to you, danced on you, left, danced on another 45 guys, came back to you, danced on you, left, danced on another 9001 guys, went home, put on her pj"s, went to sleep.
Truth. Havent talked to her since, probably wont. Going out to a diff place tonight with some other chicks, so it works out.

Tenks

If you"re dealing with a girl in a customer service field you cannot over analyze the situation. Thats when you get burnt. You have to gauge her genuine interest level when you try and engage her in real conversation. Also, most people have two laughs. One is fake one is real. If you can figure out if she"s giving you her fake one or her real one that helps as well. I have kind of found out generally a girl"s real laugh will result in her laughing while shutting her eyes for a bit and then opening them up, but not fully, making direct eye contact generally with her chin tucked down a bit. But like I said, thats over thinking it. If you honestly think she was truthfully into you then call her up but if they only reason you think that is because "She spent an average of 7.65% longer time on me than her other 500 guests" that isn"t a justifiable reason.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Eomer said:
Should I just pretend I don"t know she"s seeing someone, and ask her if she"s up for a round of golf? Or acknowledge she is and ask anyway? Acknowledge that she"s seeing someone and just tell her to give me a shout in the future? Not bother with anything and let it lie? I am leaning towards just sending her an email and not acknowledging the other dude and letting her decide where to take it. No idea if sis in law mentioned she would tell me she was seeing someone, so not sure if I can plead ignorance or not, but I would imagine best strategy would be just to pretend the guy doesn"t even exist.
She gave your sister her email to give to you, meaning she"s not exclusive with the other guy.

In ANY situation like that, you shouldunquestionablyignore the other guy"s existence. Your attitude should be that no other guy could possibly be competition for you, so you don"t give a shit if she"s seeing someone else or not. The moment you acknowledge him, or tell her "I know you"re seeing someone but give me a call if it goes bad," you are telling her that you"re no match for him, aka not a worthy man. And approach asking her out like you know her answer is going to be yes. Pretend in your mind that she has sent you a couple messages saying "when are we gonna go out together?", and ask her out the same way you would in that circumstance. It"ll subtly change your language up a bit to be more confident.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Re: Table Buddy!

Hey! Hope you had an enjoyable afternoon on Sunday. I believe my grandparents were on your plane home, I hope that either you were seated far, far away or they managed to go 90 minutes without yelling at each other (unlikely!).

So you were probably right about it being a bit late in the season for a round. I"m expecting snow any second, the way it is today. I was thinking it would be fun to either check out a hockey game or show instead. Nothing like crack beer or permanent hearing loss to lighten the mood. Stars on Tuesday, Pilot Speed (formerly known as Pilate) on Thursday at Starlite, or the Habs on Saturday are your options. Choose wisely!

I fully anticipate getting shot down, but hey worth a shot right?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eomer said:
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Re: Table Buddy!

Hey! Hope you had an enjoyable afternoon on Sunday. I believe my grandparents were on your plane home, I hope that either you were seated far, far away or they managed to go 90 minutes without yelling at each other (unlikely!).

So you were probably right about it being a bit late in the season for a round. I"m expecting snow any second, the way it is today. I was thinking it would be fun to either check out a hockey game or show instead. Nothing like crack beer or permanent hearing loss to lighten the mood. Stars on Tuesday, Pilot Speed (formerly known as Pilate) on Thursday at Starlite, or the Habs on Saturday are your options. Choose wisely!

I fully anticipate getting shot down, but hey worth a shot right?
You should have made the choice for her.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Nah giving them a choice is fine if you have multiple real options to pick from. "Dinner, or a movie at my place." Doesn"t work. It also shows that he"s capable of filling multiple nights with real activities.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Giving them a choice shows you"re uncertain of yourself(which is true, because he assumed he was going to be shot down) so you give many outlets hoping they enjoy one. Instead pick something that is mildly interesting to both(which you should know if you spoke with her for more then 5 minutes) and make it enjoyable.

Aztlan_sl

shitlord
There is no perfect way to ask. Just ask and if she"s interested she"ll go whether you give her options or not. There isn"t any magic to it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It"s true to an extent. When proposing going out you want to give options, two usually. This leaves it open to her to pick something she likes while at the same time doing something you like. If he had said "well what would you like to do?" is him not being confident or indecisive. as it stands he let her know two things he wanted to do and is letting her pick which one. That"s not showing a lack of confidence.

Now if she had asked him what he wanted to do and he said "I dunno what do you want to do?" or had said "Well what would you like to do when we get together" THEN he would have a problem. As it stands I think he"s fine.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I"m not really sure whether offering a choice like that is a good or ball call. I tend to suggest not to but tarrant offers a good point. I strongly disagree about the "you should always offer multiple options" statement though.

There"s another problem to me, and that is that you never explicitly invited her. The invite is like embedded in the description of activities. She has to deduce that you invited her out somewhere, which is definitely not a strong statement on your part. Whether it"s obvious or not, she has to not only make a decision about the date but also fill in the gaps in your lack of invite.

Tenks

Women like a strong decisive man. I always tell them exactly what we"re going to do on the first date. However an a through c multiple choice isn"t really that bad. Still I prefer to say "We"re doing X on Y night" and if she cannot simply make it then it"s her job to propose a different night.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I agree women like to be told what to do, I like to treat mine like a serf. When I"m hungry she better get me food. When I want to go out, you better fucking believe we"re going out.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Sutekh said:
Yeah, I agree women like to be told what to do, I like to treat mine like a serf. When I"m hungry she better get me food. When I want to go out, you better fucking believe we"re going out.
Never gets any better either. Friday I asked mine if she wanted to stay in and watch a netflix movie, play some games, or go out and catch District 9 finally before it leaves theaters.

You wouldda thought I was asking whether or not we should nuke Iran.

Brad2770

Sutekh said:
Enjoy it now. She will get tired of it and the tables will turn.

Now you can respond with your "Internet Big Man"- "I will kick that bitch to the curb..."