Girls who broke your heart thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
brekk said:
If your posts dont relate to your current vagina prospects or helping others acquire vagina than STFU and GTFO.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to brekk again.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Why does anyone respond to Degrassi anyway? He"s just a big a faggot as ark, except ark is more like the "I like to insult anyone and everyone at the tip of a hat" style faggot whereas Degrassi is the "I"M SO FUCKING AWESOME LOOK AT ME" style faggot. I"ve never met a single person in my life who paid so much attention to how much better they thought they were than other people who weren"t absolutely miserable human beings. You notice he comes in like every couple weeks and posts a bunch then disappears? Yea, when he catches his five year girlfriend fucking some big black guy because she found out her boyfriend spends his free time telling the internet how cool he is, where do you think he comes to regain some self esteem?

Anyway...
Brad, so many people have said countless times why its a horrible idea to spend all your time with someone. Outside of the obvious "she will lose interest" reason, which is true whether she is the one pushing for all that time or not, there is also the simple reason that you need to have other things going on in your life besides your relationship with one person. It"s unhealthy to do that, and when you go through a rough patch or break up, you"re left with nothing. Spending all your time with someone has never, in the history of mankind, ended well.

Who cares if she knows your schedule? That"s 100% irrelevant. First, you should have other plans anyway, other friends to meet, some sort of hobby. But even if you didn"t, you don"t owe her an explanation. "Sorry tonight"s no good." That is a justifiable answer at this stage in your relationship. I tell my girlfriend that all the time and we are much further along. She shouldn"t ask more, but even if she asks why you can simply say you are going to spend time at home. If she says "ok I can come over," then she has crossed your boundaries of privacy and it"s time to set up some ground rules, then tell her you want to relax by yourself.

You don"t need to be Mr. Popular to avoid being always available. Just don"t agree to spend every day together. You don"t need a justification.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah the girl I"ve been seeing two months or so now was dropping massive hints for me to come over tomorrow. I told her I"ll be over Thursday because I have "things to do" tomorrow. What are those "things to do"? Why does she need to know? FoH I will tell you my plans. I am going to play the fuck out of Dragon Age Origin and maybe watch The Biggest Loser. We"ll probably see each other some day this weekend as well. That is by far enough time spent together unless I was attempting to just make a mad grab for pussy and get out -- which I"m not.

-edit-

I may practice guitar as well. It seems alot of post-MMORPG suffers tend to cling onto a girl for dear life like that. I crushed a few past relationships because I was trying to fill that time void of WoW with a female. Stupid decision. Once I got more hobbies it just became natural to distance my time.

redslash_foh

shitlord
Dabamf said:
Who cares if she knows your schedule? That"s 100% irrelevant. First, you should have other plans anyway, other friends to meet, some sort of hobby. But even if you didn"t, you don"t owe her an explanation. "Sorry tonight"s no good." That is a justifiable answer at this stage in your relationship. I tell my girlfriend that all the time and we are much further along. She shouldn"t ask more, but even if she asks why you can simply say you are going to spend time at home. If she says "ok I can come over," then she has crossed your boundaries of privacy and it"s time to set up some ground rules, then tell her you want to relax by yourself.

You don"t need to be Mr. Popular to avoid being always available. Just don"t agree to spend every day together. You don"t need a justification.
A lot of truth in this. I used to carefully put forward an image of being busy all the time, because it gave me an easy lie when I wasn"t busy but didn"t feel like hanging out, but (a) it"s not worth the effort, and (b) you owe the girl and the relationship some honesty.

If you feel like you can"t say "I need some time to do my own thing," that"s going to be destructive in the long run: you"ll either cave in and lose sight of your own pursuits and hobbies, and you"ll resent her for making you feel smothered, or you"ll build a relationship on a set of petty lies, and you"ll resent her for making you feel smothered anyway.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
LoL at all the people who get butt hurt over this thread.

Brad you need to get some hobbies my man, why you let her invade your space at the gym I don"t know but it would be a good idea to reclaim that as your own.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
redslash said:
A lot of truth in this. I used to carefully put forward an image of being busy all the time, because it gave me an easy lie when I wasn"t busy but didn"t feel like hanging out, but (a) it"s not worth the effort, and (b) you owe the girl and the relationship some honesty.

If you feel like you can"t say "I need some time to do my own thing," that"s going to be destructive in the long run: you"ll either cave in and lose sight of your own pursuits and hobbies, and you"ll resent her for making you feel smothered, or you"ll build a relationship on a set of petty lies, and you"ll resent her for making you feel smothered anyway.
I don"t see why he can"t just say he wants to take things slow. If I"m not mistaken, she pretty much knows what you"ve been through yes? And you"re both pretty much on the same page as far as having expressed interest/feelings for each other? It seems to me the most straight forward and effective thing would to just be out with it. No need for all the "excuses"/white lies. *shrug*

redslash_foh

shitlord
ToeMissile said:
I don"t see why he can"t just say he wants to take things slow. If I"m not mistaken, she pretty much knows what you"ve been through yes? And you"re both pretty much on the same page as far as having expressed interest/feelings for each other? It seems to me the most straight forward and effective thing would to just be out with it. No need for all the "excuses"/white lies. *shrug*
Yeah, I think we"re saying the same thing. Be honest early.

Brad2770

Well, it doesnt matter anyways, her hours just switched to nights.... So, starting tomorrow, we will be lucky to see each other once a week.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Story of my life. Just hit the 4 month mark last week with Fireworks Girl. She"s an hour away at college, so we have to pack in as much time as possible on the weekends when I either go down there for a night, or she comes home for the weekend. It"s rough but we"re getting by okay.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
[LVC]DeGrassi said:
What the fuck happened to Eomer ? this brad tarrant faggot shit got old 10 pages ago. Not in my entire life have I ever come across people who were so self concious and so fucking neeedy to have to post constant updates and self examintations about there pretty uneventful dating lives.

At least Eomer made it kind of fun to read.
Nothing to talk about from my end of things. I"ve been laying low for nearly 3 weeks now, fairly sick, and I"m going to Peru in a week so I haven"t really prioritized my time towards meeting bitches. I haven"t bothered trying to get in touch with that Kate girl since the last set of texts didn"t really seem to be going anywhere, and that"s really about it for me at the moment.

There were a couple other waitresses from that bar out a couple weekends ago, and one went out of her way to come over and say hi and chat when I was last at their bar, but I wasn"t particularly interested and didn"t pursue it even though it was obvious she was interested. She came over while me and a couple buds were watching a hockey game and asked us how the rest of our night went, and I almost replied "probably the same as yours, unless your cab ride was particularly eventful" as we"d all seen each other get in to cabs at the end of the night.

Don"t worry, once I"m back from Peru and the ski trip season starts up I"m sure I"ll have much to post about.

Eomer said:
Nothing to talk about from my end of things. I"ve been laying low for nearly 3 weeks now, fairly sick, and I"m going to Peru in a week so I haven"t really prioritized my time towards meeting bitches. I haven"t bothered trying to get in touch with that Kate girl since the last set of texts didn"t really seem to be going anywhere, and that"s really about it for me at the moment.

There were a couple other waitresses from that bar out a couple weekends ago, and one went out of her way to come over and say hi and chat when I was last at their bar, but I wasn"t particularly interested and didn"t pursue it even though it was obvious she was interested. She came over while me and a couple buds were watching a hockey game and asked us how the rest of our night went, and I almost replied "probably the same as yours, unless your cab ride was particularly eventful" as we"d all seen each other get in to cabs at the end of the night.

Don"t worry, once I"m back from Peru and the ski trip season starts up I"m sure I"ll have much to post about.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

wild_whiskey_foh

shitlord
What"s happening with McCheese?

Did you find out what your school"s policy on dating is?

With my job in Japan, dating students is kosher so long as they"re over 18. I"ve fucking a 28 year old student for the last month or so now, and no problems have arisen. I"d recommend finding out and just going for it. So long as its not a threat to your job, it"s worth trying, anyway.

EDIT: Just found your update. Good luck in the future.

The Muze_foh

shitlord
Ugh... My girlfriend of nearly 7 years woke me up this morning and told me she was moving out. She had her family and friends ready to go for the move and had come to the decision a day or so earlier after I flaked on some plans we had this weekend.

My brains are scrambled eggs right now and all that I can think is that I have no idea what to do now. Neither of our family"s are happy about the whole situation. Our place was pretty cleaned out since most of the furniture was hers. It is pretty depressing (barren) right now and I"m considering going to stay with friends or my parents.

She is 25 and I am 28. She is in a weird spot where she is in huge debt, having trouble staying motivated for work or school. That combined with the daily grind and falling in to a repetative routine was enough for her to pull the trigger.

She hasn"t checked out emotionally yet. She kept hugging me and kissing me before she left. She wants to talk about things and get together and stuff but I"m at a loss about what to do. Part of me feels like it was a little too quick. She wants to talk about things you normally talk about BEFORE you move out. I"m not sure where I stand, and I"m fairly confident that this could drag on for a while and not be a clean "cut and go" break. I"m at a loss. Thanks for the vent

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Crazy man.. Its really shitty how your "other half" make up those major decisions without even consulting you about them, wtf? And then she wants to talk about it? What does she just want to move out and take a step back but still be with you? Sounds real considerate to drop that shit on you the day OF, reminds me of what my family told me about my 3 yr ex gf, after 3 years she treats you that way?

Same way for 7, I mean shit thats twice as long as mine and I cant imagine having a girl drop that on me after 7 years.. must have been some signs or something, dont you normally figure out how to communicate with each other after 7 years? (even 3, but my ex was always dropping shit on me at the last instant too, told her everytime to just talk to me dont build it up).

Goodluck I hope it turns out whatever way you want it, I"m assuming you want it fixed but at same time theres somethign majorly wrong if she"s taking that serious of a move, by moving out.
It"ll only drag on if you let it, I"ve learned that. It"s been 4 months since my ex and I broke up, its still kind of dragging a long but thats only because I always reply.

I"d go out and see your friends, get your mind off of it whatever does it, do it. Drinking works but not being smashed works.. workout, games, other girl friends.. I would just sit on it and think about it before you talk to her.

And yeah, I wouldnt stay there tonight, its got to be mad depressing not only because its the place youve been in but because its fucking empty.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah for sure, that"s pretty fucked up man.

First things first, get the fuck out of there and don"t stay there for a few days at the very least while you clear your head a bit and figure out what the fuck is going on with her.

And yeah you"re gonna have to talk to her to figure out just that.

Other then that, 7 years...I can"t really offer much more advice then this until you talk to her, post what you said in said convo...what she said...and so on and so forth. Hard to know whats going through her head when you yourself have no fucking clue. Maybe she felt trapped....maybe she just went bat shit insane.

Go chill with some friends and family, talk to her and hopefully it goes well....just don"t beg or anything, keep your calm and good luck bro...that really sucks.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Do the math. 7 yrs dating and shes 25 now. They began dating with her at 18 him at 21. That"s pretty clear right there.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
True enough and I thought of that... reminds me of my ex wife, but I"ll wait till i judge until he knows more and relays the information.