Girls who broke your heart thread

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Tarrant220 said:
Can"t know someome after 4 1/2 months, not toally no, but then again I knew my ex wife for almost 8 years and look how that turned out...obviously didn"t know her as well as I thought either after all that time.
Well, I think mostly you just need to know how you can deal with the other person thru shitty times, and let me tell ya, shitty times still come around after you"ve been together for over a decade too.

By shitty times I mean you"re both outta real work, one of you is throwing boxes for UPS for 3 hours a night making a hundred bucks a week just for the health insurance and the other is working some bullshit $8 an hour job. Neither of you is eating anything other than bread and cheese because every dime you have is either going in the gas tank or on the kid"s plate.

Shitty times like finding out her old man has cancer, or that she doesn"t want to keep the baby. Shit that haunts you for the rest of your days, but you"ve gotta keep moving forward to stay sane. That"s the shitty times, not a couple arguments about leaving your socks on the bathroom floor.

This dose of cheerful sunshine brought to you by an asshole who hasn"t had reliable internet in 2 days.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
In all honesty Brad, every day people meet people that they know are it. Is this one of those situations? I think so, can I be wrong? Sure, it happens. But I"m level headed enough to be able to assess a situation, step back and look it over. As I said, was it the ideal time for this to happen? Nope. Am I upset over it? Nope.

Are you the last person on the face of the planet that can call someone else stupid with regards to anything involving life? Yup.

I"m not viewing this as a fuck up, I"ve never said "hot damn this was the best most awesomest time to have a kid with this girl!!" But either way a child was conceived, I embrace it, I embrace the situation and to do anything else dosen"t make sense.

I didn"t get "some hairdresser" pregnant. As I said, much more has happened over the past almost 5 months then I"ve posted here. FYI, she works in pediatrics, does hair a few times a month for extra cash and because she does it with a friend because she enjoys it.

We"ve basically been staying with each other the last two months, with a few off nights when I work late I just come back to my place, I know what it"s like to live with her, I"ve seen her at her worst, I"ve seen her at her best and I"ve seen her at all points inbetween. I"ve seen some pretty fucked up things and I"ve seen some pretty awesome things, as much as I post here, I haven"t come close to posting everything so don"t pretend to know a situation you"ve ties with because honestly in reality you just proved in your last post you know jack all about it.

I"m not "acting" like she"s the one, I"m pretty confident she is. Guess what, for some it doesn"t take years. There are real life experiences that back that up, just like there are people who have known each other for years that break up in terrible break ups and vise versa.

I have two kids, I know the "reality" of the situation and she does as well. Stop talking to me like I"m some 18 year old kid who thinks kids are easy shit and aren"t a huge deal. My life in in order, as is hers. We both acknowledge this wasn"t the ideal time, but instead of dwelling on it, we"re taking it and rolling with it making it as wonderful as can be...which is pretty damn wonderful.

Kids have this stigma that "life is over" more so for people who are divorced with them. Don"t think I know that? I do, I"ve been there. Do I know the risk? Am I well aware of the crash and burn potential? Yep. Am I going to live in fear of it? Fuck no I"m not.

Because you haven"t found happiness with your situation doesn"t mean we haven"t with ours. People are so cynical about shit, our first reaction is to foresee failure and we wonder why society as a whole is so fucked up, we wonder why relationships are so fucked up. 90% of this thread is cynical people posting negative things with low expectations of how everything and anything will turn out poorly. Hell how many posts did you make Brad about yoru last g/f saying things were going good but it was only a matter of time before you fucked it up.

Fuck people need to cheer the fuck up, be happy and be confident in their lives. I"m all of those things, don"t like it? Sorry, but I"ll keep on going the way we are now. Will it bite me in the ass? Maybe, there is always a chance of that regardless of the situation but I"ll be damned if I am going to dwell on it.

I have a stable business, I"m with a great person, life in general is great and I have a kid on the way. I"m taking it and I"m running with it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
TheCutlery said:
Well, I think mostly you just need to know how you can deal with the other person thru shitty times, and let me tell ya, shitty times still come around after you"ve been together for over a decade too.

By shitty times I mean you"re both outta real work, one of you is throwing boxes for UPS for 3 hours a night making a hundred bucks a week just for the health insurance and the other is working some bullshit $8 an hour job. Neither of you is eating anything other than bread and cheese because every dime you have is either going in the gas tank or on the kid"s plate.

Shitty times like finding out her old man has cancer, or that she doesn"t want to keep the baby. Shit that haunts you for the rest of your days, but you"ve gotta keep moving forward to stay sane. That"s the shitty times, not a couple arguments about leaving your socks on the bathroom floor.

This dose of cheerful sunshine brought to you by an asshole who hasn"t had reliable internet in 2 days.
I"m aware, and her and I have been through those shitty times that you described. I"m not going to go into detail about them, but trust me when I say it there was some fucked up shit that went down. We rolled out of it stronger then ever. You forget I"m experienced on both ends of the spectrum as far as that goes and I know exactly what you"re talking about.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Tarrant220 said:
I"m aware, and her and I have been through those shitty times that you described. I"m not going to go into detail about them, but trust me when I say it there was some fucked up shit that went down. We rolled out of it stronger then ever. You forget I"m experienced on both ends of the spectrum as far as that goes and I know exactly what you"re talking about.
/nod

Best of luck to ya man, no matter what goes down.

Brad2770

Not sure why you keep bringing up my "Happiness" as a reason that I am calling you stupid. Of all the people on this board, you can go through every one of my posts and I NEVER had anything bad to say about anyone. I dont feel my state of mind is a reason to unleash on others. I am not a bully and I do nto put down others to make myself feel better. Like said before, i admired your situation up until you fucked it up. (Kids are not a fuck up. How people bring them into this world are. Just want to make that clear. Also, I did give Grobbee a hard time, but because that mother fucker annoyed me because he was right like 80% of the time.)

Anyways, it"s good you have a positive outlook on it, but 4 1/2 months? Really? There are a lot of things I could do in 4 1/2 months, but feeling comfortable enough with someone that I know I am going to want to deal with them for at least 18 more years- Fuck no.

Dammit man, I feel sorry for you now.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The situation the child is being brought into is a stable one, so by your very definition it"s not a fuck up. The kid will come into a stable home, be loved by both parents and be able to be taken care of...how is that a bad situation. You can"t judge my situation because you aren"t in it, you can assume, to which you are...but as I said, you know dick all about it as far as details go.

And Brad, by all reasoning I get the feeling you wouldn"t be comfortable with ANYONE for an extended period of time. Not saying that to be mean, I"m not bullying you or anything else, I"ve never done that and I never will. I"m just saying that I find a lot of your posts to be unhappy, so when you try to put yourself in a different situation you couldn"t adapt to you, you assume the worst because most of the time, you always assume the worst.

I"m the last person you should feel sorry for, I love her, I already love the child if you feel the need to feel sorry someone find someone who actually wants it. As I said, I"m happy, accept it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You can keep bashing on Brad all you like but you"re the only one here that thinks this is even remotely a good idea. You and I both started our current relationships around the same time and if she said to me "Hey your boner knocked me up!" first thing I"d do is punch her in the vagina to loosen up the baby and then get the Hoover. Granted I have zero kids and I think about 10 years younger so my situation isn"t exactly a mirror but the fact that my last relationship felt good up until 8 months and then went downhill faster than a fat kid on a sled I can"t even see how you rationalize how you really and truly know someone and how things will work based on 4.5 months.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Again not bashing on Brad, I"ve said multiple times I don"t expect anyone here to know the full extent of the situation I"m in, I"m fine with that.

Tenks, same thing happened with my ex wife of 8 years, shit was fine then it tanked in a matter of months. That can happen at any point.

Also I"ve said I DON"T know everything about her, I never said I knew everything, I just said I was fine with the situation.

Again, everyones first reaction on here is always negative, it"s the nature of these forums and this thread even more so. Out side of here, people close to the situation express concerns but are happy for us. I didn"t expect praise here lol, I never do, it"s why I didn"t post details about some of the shit that went down a few months ago.

Brad if you feel I was crashing down on ya, I apologize, that wasn"t my intention. I"ve never done that to anyone here and I didn"t intend to start.

PapaShlapa_foh

shitlord
I think if the option of abortion isn"t there, either because of hers or your personal beliefs, what other choice could he have but to smile and go with it? It"s too late now, the baby"s coming, better to roll with it because there"s nothing you can do to stop it, outside of moving to Venezuela or some shit.

edit: if the option is there, however, give it some thought. You can always have another baby later, when you"ve had a bit more time to reflect on it. Waiting a year or two can"t possibly hurt anything, but it might be helpful.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Which I"ve said, even if we were upset, what would be the point in actually being upset, it wont change anything. So we are taking the positives and running with them and we"re happy. -shrugs-

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Livejournal entry below!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:hah jesus, what a waste of time and emotional energy. So dinner and the hockey game with Anne seemed to be going well. Conversation was good, we were joking around, and I thought we were both enjoying ourselves. Lots of references to each others quirks and things that had happened between us, that kind of thing. We left after the second because I couldn"t stand to watch it anymore and it was a bit of a late start anyway.

As we were walking up the steps of the LRT station down the street from my place she already had her car keys out. I joked that she was already trying to make a break for her car and that she should come up for a bit. She asked why, I said not to worry that I wouldn"t jump on her or anything, she laughed and said she"d only come up because she needed to use the bathroom and asked again why. I said I wanted to talk with her about "stuff and things."

So we got in the elevator, and I went in for a kiss. She backed away and said no, she didn"t want to "go down that road again" or something to that effect. I said that was fine and that"s what I wanted to talk about, she said "oh I made you mad I can tell by your voice" to which I responded "I"m not mad, and if anything that was a step towards clarifying things anyway." We got in to my place and both used the bathroom.

We sat down on the couch and she asked what I wanted to talk about. I said I wasn"t sure where to start and that maybe there wasn"t much to talk about after all, and asked her what she meant in the elevator. She said that she wasn"t looking for just a physical relationship or someone to sleep with, and that she was also happy with how her life was right now and didn"t want anything else either. I asked her point blank (not rudely or forcefully, just directly) why she even met with me the first time, let alone agreeing to the second time, if she wasn"t interested and when I made it pretty clear why we were seeing each other. She said she had thought the first time was maybe just to catch up and that she enjoyed it and thought I had too. I said no, it had been made pretty apparent that it wasn"t just to catch up and that she"d even acknowledged that with a couple of her texts.

She said she "didn"t know then." I again asked why she"d have bothered agreeing to the second meet or date or whatever if she wasn"t interested, and she kind of mumbled her way through saying something about how she hadn"t thought it was a good idea but figured she"d go anyway and just avoid anything happening, not come up to my place etc. I don"t know if I"m forgetting something, or if her response was really that useless or devoid of information.

I said that"s fine and basically said "okay, so nothing"s happening here then? I"m not saying I want to dive back in to things immediately, but there"s nothing at all from your side?" She nodded and said yes, nothing was going to happen. I asked her if she knew what had happened back when we first dated, because I really had no idea what had gone on. She again said she "didn"t know." I repeated that as a question, "so you just don"t know?" and she said the same thing. I said "well then I guess there wasn"t much to talk about afterall" and we got up off the couch and she left after a quick hug.

And just to be clear during the conversations I wasn"t being whiny or weepy or anything, if anything I was relaxed and joking around.

So I"m back to where I was before: I have no idea what the fuck is up with her. Looks like I should have just kept trying to do what I"d been doing and forget about her all over the place bullshit. I just don"t fucking get what is going on inside her head. If an ex of mine that I"d broken up with wanted to meet up with me and made it clear she still had feelings and I didn"t, I"d just come right out and say as much or at the very least indicate it by turning down the meeting. Why even bother if she doesn"t want anything to do with me?

So yeah, I"m pissed at her for leading me along for apparently no good reason other than possibly for some validation (why give a shit about someone you don"t want to be with anyway?), and pissed at myself for thinking that anything different would have happened.

Tyen said:
Moral of the story.
Yeah, I"m thinking I may be going down that route for the next while. Haven"t heard from Annabell since last week, but we"ve only gone on a couple dates and chatted a couple times on the phone, so the ball is still largely in my court in terms of getting in touch I would think, and she"s wicked busy with night classes and work.

I"m just not sure if there"s much point continuing things when I"m obviously still hung up on Anne for whatever ridiculous reason (the two meets did nothing but remind me of how much I like being around her despite her fucked up ways). I don"t want to lead her much further along if I"m just going through the motions. I like hanging out with her, but haven"t felt any big spark or tug, again I"m sure in large part due to the unresolved bullshit with Anne.

Ah, the joys of romance!

Tenks

Dude she"s using you for emotional support. She doesn"t want a relationship and the baggage that comes with it but she wants to feel the egotism of having some guy chase after her. It"s fairly simple. It takes two to be strung along I highly doubt she busted out a leash.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Eomer, this recent debacle with her should really open your eyes that things are not going to work out with her. Time to move on. I think I was one of the few who thought trying things again with her was a good idea. Sometimes people are in bad situations due to whatever reasons, and maybe just not too into a relationship at that point. If both parties are interested in giving it another go, by all means. Turns out, she wasn"t. Wasn"t then. Isn"t now. Doesn"t plan on being. Oh well, there"s another train coming. Shrug your shoulders and move on. There"s absolutely no reason to be caught up with someone who has no interest in anything romantic. You"ve got a lot of things going for you, so it"s just a matter of time.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Oh yeah, maybe I wasn"t clear in my last post, I"ve written any future involvement with Anne off. Never say never and all that, but it"s time to move on. Has been for awhile. I don"t regret giving it one last shot by any means, and hopefully it"ll hammer the point home that much better. Its better knowing for sure that there was nothing to continue, as opposed to having that niggling question in the back of your mind.

I mean it bothers me that she"s unwilling or unable to communicate anything other than "I don"t know" but fuck it, at some point I just have to stop giving a shit about her.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Eomer said:
I mean it bothers me that she"s unwilling or unable to communicate anything other than "I don"t know" but fuck it, at some point I just have to stop giving a shit about her.
Yeah, they never get over that shit either. You can pretty much beat them to death and they"ll never come up with a reason why they do shit they do. They"re just dumbfucks like that.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Tenks said:
Dude she"s using you for emotional support. She doesn"t want a relationship and the baggage that comes with it but she wants to feel the egotism of having some guy chase after her. It"s fairly simple. It takes two to be strung along I highly doubt she busted out a leash.
Oh yeah fully agreed, you and several others called that perfectly, no argument here. I actually had typed up and sent the exact same message to a female friend over Facebook and just copypasta"d it over here, and she said the exact same thing. She thought she might even harborsomesmall feelings towards me hence the second date, but once confronted with my own much stronger feelings she realized it was time to pull the cord and GTFO.

Maybe, just maybe if I was decent at game and gamed the living shit out of her I could have gotten her back under my thumb, but fuck that noise, it shouldn"t have to be so much work and frankly I"m probably not capable of suppressing my true self for it to work.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Eomer said:
Maybe, just maybe if I was decent at game and gamed the living shit out of her I could have gotten her back under my thumb, but fuck that noise, it shouldn"t have to be so much work and frankly I"m probably not capable of suppressing my true self for it to work.
Don"t think like that or you won"t let go.

Just accept that shit like this happens, because it does happen to tons of people every single day. It"s the way it is, nothing is going to change that.

Tenks

Brekk is right. Learn from the experience but know you fucked this chick up and there is no hope for repair.