Girls who broke your heart thread

Saladus_foh

shitlord
Holy mother of god some of my favorite threads right now are devolving into the stupidest fucking debates.

"HUR HURRRR This fictional army would have defeated the other!" "No!" "Yes!" "NO!" "YES!!!" "FUCK YOU"

"People who have children become miserable" "Umm no, clearly from my experience with 2 friend couples...." "That"s wrong, undoubtedly from this random statistic here......" "Fuck your dog"

So anyone have their heart broken lately?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why do people feed into Gryeyes in EVERY THREAD. Jesus F Titty Christ men, stop feeding.

And what happened to this thread? I thought this is where lesser men came to confess their anguish?

Anyway, gentlemen, I have seen the top of the mountain....

The one that "got away" got it last night, and boy do I feel fucking awesome. A small victory, in a thread of disappointment, I suppose.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sutekh said:
Hooolly shit people.

People who have childrens idea of fun morph in to something that"s reasonable for their life because they have children.

People who don"t have children are afraid that"s going to happen because they don"t want their idea of fun being loading the mini-van up and driving to Orlando to bring their kids to Disney Land, they want to be able to enjoy the company of other adults without worrying.. "Are my kids safe?" etc...

Not really a hard concept to grapes here people.
This is pretty true, to an extent. The wife and I still do things we did before the boy came along, we just have to plan ahead a bit instead of just going to do it...which is fine, doesn"t bother me or take away from whatever it is we"re doing. And I"m not talking like planning 2 weeks ahead and waiting, we have a bunch of people who wait in line wanting to babysit so it"s pretty easy to do.

Also, I love grapes.

Brad2770

Been trying to get a hold of my ex-wife for the last 2 days to talk about getting my son and she FINALLY called and she is in the hospital with her newborn daughter. Her daughter is having heart failure =(

I am feel so bad for her.... It has made me cry. I didnt know what to tell her. I want everything to be good for her.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
Gryeyes, a great majority of the decisions people make in their every day lives are the results of mistakes, accidents or other unplanned cirumstances
Your life must be a fucking disaster. I am trying to ponder what level of self ignorance is required to simply to oblivious to the fact you randomly cum in some chick and for the next several decades you are now beholden to a life you did not choose.

I guess when people dont have any personal goals or interests in their lives such a thing just passes unnoticed. Those who LIVE their lives to a higher standard most certainly do. Which is why as wealth and intellect increase children production decreases.

I am feel so bad for her.... It has made me cry. I didnt know what to tell her. I want everything to be good for her.
That is fucking horrible.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
TheCutlery said:
This is fine if you"re 22. If you"re nearing 30, you need to revise your selection criteria, becausethe only ones that don"t have kids are going to be the ones that don"t have them for a reason, and waiting for you isn"t that reason.
lol, glad to see several people have already effectively responded to you. But just in case, I googled "percentage of 30 year old women with children" and came up with this as the second link:http://www.census.gov/prod/2008pubs/p20-558.pdf

-Childlessness amongst women 40 to 44 has doubled from 1976 or 2006 (stands at 10%, so it"s reasonable to argue that somewhere around 10-15% of women currently around 30 will NEVER have kids, depending on how much that stat changes over the next 10-15 years)

-Peak age of fertility for college educated women is 30 to 34 (gasp, maybe they weren"t waiting for you specifically, but waiting for the right guy?!?)

-Fertility of women living at poverty level is twice as high as those at double poverty level (or in other words "good" catches, if you think income is an applicable factor in determining mate selection and you"d be a fucking moron not to, are actually more likely to NOT have kids than uneducated, poor candidates)

I could go on and on with other statistics showing how the average age of first marriage, first child, and so on have all rapidly increased in the past couple decades in most developed countries.

But I can"t be bothered, since I"m pretty sure we had this argument before here or elsewhere. You"re just flat out wrong that a female without kids at 30 must have something wrong with her to explain why no one managed to put a bun in her oven. Some of them that may certainly be the case. Hell, maybe even most of them.

But you unequivocally stated that any 30 year old woman without kids must be damaged. And that"s just stupid.

Tenks said:
It pretty much seems like you have to do the horrible Q&A then it will reveal "open" communication. eHarmony was the worst and least successful of all my online dating sites. Once it gets to the "open" stage it just felt really awkward. I think I went on 3 dates with girls from the site and all were bombs.
Seems like you can skip right to "open communication" if you want to, but the chick has to accept of course. As far as the site goes, it"s definitely a bit cheesy but so far the matches it"s been sending me have been reasonably decent. I haven"t put any time or effort in to it yet, basically just looking at the half dozen or so it sends me a day and archiving the uggos, but so far 20-30% appear to be reasonably attractive (which is all you can tell from any online profile, and even that can be iffy). The two chicks I sent a list of questions to didn"t respond in the week since, and two girls have sent me questions (one of which I closed, one I"ll try responding to).

I actually know one couple who met through it that are getting married this summer, and a couple others that are dating. To be honest the main reason I tried it is because a) I wanted to try a paid site to see if they"re less of a rat race then PoF and since it thins out people who are just fucking around and b) quite honestly I"d heard a fair number of local girls that I knew were trying it. And that appears to be the case, of the 70 or so matches I"ve been sent in the little over a week I"ve been on the site, two or three I know at least passingly and half a dozen more I"m sure I"ve met before, or perhaps seen on another dating site.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
TheCutlery said:
Oh yeah, that"s entirely normal. I can see why you"d think I"m wrong. Pretty much all women you meet at 30 are like that.
Yeah..

I wasn"t bashing your whole post; just stating that sometimes there are other reasons.

no h8

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Eomer said:
Seems like you can skip right to "open communication" if you want to, but the chick has to accept of course. As far as the site goes, it"s definitely a bit cheesy but so far the matches it"s been sending me have been reasonably decent. I haven"t put any time or effort in to it yet, basically just looking at the half dozen or so it sends me a day and archiving the uggos, but so far 20-30% appear to be reasonably attractive (which is all you can tell from any online profile, and even that can be iffy). The two chicks I sent a list of questions to didn"t respond in the week since, and two girls have sent me questions (one of which I closed, one I"ll try responding to).

I actually know one couple who met through it that are getting married this summer, and a couple others that are dating. To be honest the main reason I tried it is because a) I wanted to try a paid site to see if they"re less of a rat race then PoF and since it thins out people who are just fucking around and b) quite honestly I"d heard a fair number of local girls that I knew were trying it. And that appears to be the case, of the 70 or so matches I"ve been sent in the little over a week I"ve been on the site, two or three I know at least passingly and half a dozen more I"m sure I"ve met before, or perhaps seen on another dating site.
It seemed like everytime I tried to skip straight to open it was rejected. It seemed like the chicks were more comfortable doing the Q&A first. It may just be another highly regional site. I had zero luck on there and tons of luck on Match and POF. Others say OKC is far better than POF and Match is shit. It seems like you almost need to just try the sites for yourself to get a feel for your region.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Korean cupid seems silly easy to get girls on. Their membership system is pretty clever because, to talk to free members, you have to be a paid member. So naturally all the girls are free, and the guys are paid. Well, this kinda makes for an uneven distribution in favor of the guys it seems.

It"s $30 a month which is outrageous, but it"s not too much to just try for a month, and if it pans out it could be well worth the cost.

So far in a week I"ve gotten 11 interests sent despite a pretty shitty photo selection and profile by me. I"ve hardly be on due to not internet at my new place, but I"ve had 2 chats so far, one of which wanted to meet me after 30 minutes into the convo. It seemed like kinda a fool"s bait, so I pulled back and qualified more.

Is it standard online dating fare to get tons of surface interest, only to most likely die off before you end up meeting?

I"m unsure how to play it with the girls who send me interest. Should I can the cocky/funny unobtainable game to those girls? (obviously if you don"t approve of gaming online, I don"t care what your input is here).

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
You should try and be yourself bro, whenever you guys sit down at the table, ask her if she can help you with your homework.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
so I wanted to experiment what the standard no-effort message would do here...

Previous Mail Between You and A girl next door :
You - 28-May-2011
After a brief overview of your profile, I wanted to let you know I have already married and divorced you in my mind.

Thanks for all the wonderful imaginary memories... you will always have a special place in my heart.

your ex-hubby,

Dabamf

p.s.
You can keep the beach house in Jeju as long as I can have the dog and my CD"s back.
Hi. dabamf

Hi. My name is Yumin and I read your email that I think you sent a wrong email to me.
Anyways,glad to meet you.
lolol

kollos_foh

shitlord
i got my last gf with a variation of that opener, and a few more girls, too. it"s pure gold.
but haven"t used it in a while because at some point i felt like i shouldn"t overuse it in order to avoid awkward situations. :p

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dabamf said:
Is it standard online dating fare to get tons of surface interest, only to most likely die off before you end up meeting?

I"m unsure how to play it with the girls who send me interest. Should I can the cocky/funny unobtainable game to those girls? (obviously if you don"t approve of gaming online, I don"t care what your input is here).
Yes, that"s why it"s a numbers game. Lots of girls do "online dating" just for the ego boost of having guys message them constantly. So within a couple replies you have to try to weed out the ones that are only interested in online back-and-forth and go for the real life meetup (or at the minimum move it to telephone # texting within 4-5 messages) I"ve had more luck moving to telephone first and then later suggesting a meetup rather than trying it straight from the dating site.

Cocky/funny ALWAYS is a good quality to project, but the ultimate goal should be to show that you "are" obtainable... but only if she earns it. Remember, talking to girls is fun, but a lot of the (imo bad) "game" advice is geared towards just having good conversations with women, and they lose sight of what the original goal was.

Churchill_foh

shitlord
kollos said:
i got my last gf with a variation of that opener, and a few more girls, too. it"s pure gold.
but haven"t used it in a while because at some point i felt like i shouldn"t overuse it in order to avoid awkward situations. :p
Did you ever tell her that it was a canned lined you copied from the internet?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
aaaannnnnddd the one that got away .....got away again.

Life is just FAIL.

Thanks for listening.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
well if it makes you feel any better, it"s probably because your dick is too small, so there"s really nothing you could have done about it.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
More online shit.

hi

dabamf thanks say so sweet

and...do you want know me?

or...no?

i just wonder that

if you want know me...more and more...

can you call me?
This is a message I got from the married & divorced spam I sent out a few days ago. It"s a trick somehow. I"ve had more than one girl that was quite pushy from first contact about meeting. Tell me, more experienced internet people, what is going on? BTW her picture is a top-down with semi cleavage showing, which NO korean girls show in public.

P.S. I"m supposed to go out with some other girl I met on there this coming Sunday. She has been SUPER pushy about meeting, and I think she"s a bit crazy. I"m down for some excitement (dying) so fuck it.

I also talked to someone w/o a pic for like an hour yesterday. I tried to ignore her due to no pic but it turns out she was pretty hilarious and fun to talk to. After like an hour I said I need to see a pic to make sure she"s not a 50 year old man who"s gonna rape and kill me, and after some back-and-forth about why it was important to see a photo, she had a total meltdown that I was a terrible person for insisting on a photo.

Good times. I"ve also found a lot of girls just wanna practice English. I gotta work on screening those out better and somehow figure out which type are down to have fun and bone.