Girls who broke your heart thread

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
It"s spring time, expect a lot of breaking up.

It"s the season for banging random womenz, and summer will be here too!

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Zarcath said:
So there"s this girl that I sort of know. We"re both in the same photography circle back in Hawaii, but we"ve never met in person. We have some of the same friends back home.

She"s going to college in san fran and I"m up here in wisconsin. I needed some art made up for a project and remembered she was going to art school, so I asked to see her deviant art and had her do a drawing for me. We emailed back and forth about art and could carry on an enjoyable conversation about art subject. This was around december.

I started to like her quite a bit and decided to let her know on valentines day. I ordered her some roses and had them delivered to her place (had to use her sister as an intermediary). The flower arrangement looked spectacular, certainly gave off the impression that I dropped a lot of money on it (it was a moderate amount), I hope it didn"t scare her. Anyway, here"s the response I received.

Her

Me

Her

And for the record, she always was slow at getting back to me in emails, so it"s not some excuse to avoid me. I understand why she wouldn"t want a relationship right now, she has to focus on school, and i don"t even live there. She didn"t say she wasn"t interested in me or that something couldn"t happen down the line. Trying not to drive myself crazy figuring out hidden messages. She did send me a picture and looked happy/shy about it, so I took that as a good sign.

Anyway, I"m going to be in san fran next month for a conference and going to try and meet up with her. I didn"t tell her yet, to give a buffer between my confession and trying to wrangle a date out of her. Opinions?
You went wrong when you said you liked her. You should have simply said "oh, its just flowers for Valentines day. Nothing romantic involved. Sent a bunch out, actually. Etc."

Tenks said:
I"m guessing she found someone whom she is more interested in. Girls are whacko and they can"t go more than a week without getting affection from someone. You were probably just getting her through that time and she now has someone who she likes better. No big deal it was only two fucking dates.
This is most likely what happened based on the suddenness of her saying it. And I agree it was short so fuck it. Hence why I went for it with the chick at the gym and we"re hanging out Saturday.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
kegkilla said:
you"re letting her toy with you and will regret it in the end. smart move would have been to blow off her initial text.
Seems to me it"s kind of the other way around here, because I"m not overly concerned about seeing her. She"s the one who has said on numerous occasions that she really likes me and has fished for my reaction to her seeing or considering seeing other guys several times, while I"ve been non-commital. Seems I"m the one in the driver"s seat here. As I"ve said, I wouldn"t mind seeing her a couple more times just to see if anything develops, otherwise all I"m looking for is some more rough sex.

Aztlan_sl

shitlord
Eomer, it seems like you just need to go through with it then. Get together with her a few more times and see if you guys hit it off or not.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I asked her what she had in mind and she suggested grabbing dinner at a place that"s literally beside my building. Should be interesting!

Citten_foh

shitlord
This thread fucking depresses the shit out of me on a personal level. And wtf @ keg actually making sense.

I"m a good looking guy but I don"t live on campus, and because of that I feel more or less helpless in the women department. I"m not a fan of bars, and there"s not much else to do up here besides drink...

Does upstate new york suck or do I just fail? Someone tell me.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Aztlan said:
Alright fellas. I"ve been reading this thread since the beginning and it"s about time I contribute to it a bit.

I need a critical eye on my profile. I can"t examine it from an outside perspective. Tell me where it"s weak and where it"s strong, and make some suggestions. Thanks for the feed back in advance.

arlathis love, technology, math, women, the sky
you need pics of yourself with girls instead of all those dudes.

pretty dorky too and seems like you"re trying too hard.

i"ve never used a dating site though so i could be way off with my assessment.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
after reading that whole thing it is extremely dorky and extremely lame. abort now, and next time don"t write about your "bubble butt" for fuck"s sake.

nu_11_foh

shitlord
Aztlan said:
Alright fellas. I"ve been reading this thread since the beginning and it"s about time I contribute to it a bit.

I need a critical eye on my profile. I can"t examine it from an outside perspective. Tell me where it"s weak and where it"s strong, and make some suggestions. Thanks for the feed back in advance.

arlathis love, technology, math, women, the sky
Saying you"re going to contribute and then proceeding to NOT contribute, but ask a question, makes you a liar... liar

Aztlan_sl

shitlord
haha, yea that bubble butt line was kinda gay! The format I copied from okcupid.

nu_11, i"m contributing by allowing you guys to have some fun at my expense!

I think I need some more definitive suggestions though than just the whole profile is gay!

Ralphus_foh

shitlord
Well just my thoughts (first bravo for asking for advice!), overall its very good. I only have some minor suggestions

I"d lose the middle pic, it"s not flattering imo, although I see what you"re trying to say with it. Do you have kids? "prefer not to says" just say yes/no (no surprises). Change the want children to "yes". No one says you have to, but just make it yes.

I"d change "I love to play games, physical mental thing" to "I love to challenge myself both physically and mentally. Whether its a game of chess or basketball, I am up for it." Something like that.

People first notice my dark eyes. Change bubble butt, to great butt. Who"s gonna check?? Lose the eyelash thing lol. Think about adding, "people notice my willingness to listen and truly care about what they want to share, now shut the fuck up the games on!". haha kidding about the games on addition.

Italian food is great, but add that you are learning to cook it (beyond boiling water for pasta). And that your sauce can nearly be called a gravey.

Not sure on the Jane Austin movie...

Lose the gun and kill =/

Get rid of "barely". In the Friday section. Lose the most private thing all together.

Add something to the first date along the lines of rodeo, or demolition derby and say "its freaking texas ya"ll"

Again, overall very good!

Aztlan_sl

shitlord
alright updated it with the majority of your suggestions Ralphus. Thanks for the input.

Even with my previously gayed up profiles (okcupid and pof), I still got a lot of e-mails and am still having conversations with around 20 women. Went out on 3 dates so far and have 6 numbers. I just joined the site last Friday.

Suggestions on types of pics? Do I really need some pics with a bunch of pussy around me?

Yes, I just got out of a 5 year relationship with my wife and I do have a daughter that doesn"t live with me. Reason I put that there is because I"d like to personally tell the person about my situation rather than be pre-judged from the get go. So far it seems like it"s worked but I"m still unsure really what the right course of action is.