Girls who broke your heart thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wasn"t it right before he kicked the messenger in the well. Something like he says "This is madness." and the King says something like "Madness? This is Sparta!"

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tenks said:
Wasn"t it right before he kicked the messenger in the well. Something like he says "This is madness." and the King says something like "Madness? This is Sparta!"
Excuse me if I was unclear in my wording.

Who said that in the text message exchange?

Tenks

Oh, Brad did. Your texts on the iphone are on the right and in green the other people are gray to the left.

JeydaX_foh

shitlord
Tarrant220 said:
Broomball could be fun, I can"t skate anymore, my ankles wont allow it....never tried curling.

Okay so there are winter leagues for things, how and where do I go about researching them and getting into them?

I"m pretty new to the being in a big city stuff, I"m pretty lost when it comes to the shit.
Park and rec adult leagues, is probably a good start. Most of the time peopel do the work setting the shit up for me and I just pay them. Or sign a paper or something... was totally kidding about curling by the way.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
JeydaX said:
was totally kidding about curling by the way.
Thank God...That shit pisses me off even thinking about it, up north it"s all they fucking play.

So the park and rec leagues, again, where do I go, is there a website? Again, I"m totally fucking lost down here, never been in this situation before with the new area and not knowing a single fucking person.

Zakas_foh

shitlord
How do you deal with living with your ex when she still pisses and moans about the fact that shell hit the sack at 10pm and i wont wanna get off the interwebz and shit? I would probably just go "fuck off" but that wouldn"t help anything. Moving my computer to the living room is not an option

Tenks

I"m just going to throw out that you"re clearly not just using your computer games to save money and that you"re full out addicted to them.

Tenks

It"s kind of hard to just up and leave from an apartment. I"m sure he has a contractual obligation to stay there for a certain amount of time.

Brad2770

If I could get some quick feedback-

While I was doing my Market Research yesterday, I stopped and talked to one of the women I have interest in that manages one of the apartment complexes that I provide a service. She took over the complex about 2 months ago.

Yesterday, I wasnt really prepared and after about a 20 minute conversation about music, I asked her if she wanted to go do something sometime. She said "Maybe we could go watch a band or something" and it kind of got left at that.

I felt like shit after that. Not fucking confidence. No balls. And I sure as hell wasnt going to get a date.

I just got back from there and this is how it went-

I walked in to her office, she had another female back there (a friend?) and I said "I didnt say what I really wanted to say yesterday. I have tickets to the Symphony and I know this is short notice, but I would like you to go with me. I will not take "No" for an answer."

She had this somewhat stunned look on her face. Then she said "Can I give you a call tomorrow and let you knwo then?"

"How about today?" and I smiled at her.

"Ok, can I get your personal number then? I dont get off until 5:30 and dont get home until 6:15 and I would like time to think about it"

So I gave her my number and told her to have a good evening and I left.

What did I just do?

EDIT- BTW, I have talked to her a lot. It hasnt been just this one moment that i decided to do this. Everytime I stop by, I talk to her.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You made a move, were firm and confident and did very well. (if it happened just as you said it)

You did nothing wrong there as far as I can see and everything right. Bravo Brad.

Tenks

Uhhh going home to think about it is never a good thing. Good things never occur when a woman starts thinking.

Brad2770

Tarrant220 said:
You made a move, were firm and confident and did very well. (if it happened just as you said it)

You did nothing wrong there as far as I can see and everything right. Bravo Brad.
Almost word for word.

Tenks said:
Uhhh going home to think about it is never a good thing. Good things never occur when a woman starts thinking.
Well, I think the lady that was in the oofice was her supervisor, so its not like she could have given me an answer then and chatted it up.

I figure one of two things will happen-

1) She will call
2) She will not call

At least I will know tonight.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tenks said:
If her boss was there, accepting a date invite at the office in front of them isn"t always a great idea. Also if someone popped last minute plans on me like that too I"d have to take a bit to make sure I didn"t have other shit going on that I already planned and was forgetting about.

But then again I"m pretty unorganized.

Also after her response of can I call you tomorrow, if he would have shot back with "how about now?" that woulda been a bit pushy I"m thinking, more so since he was in her work place at the time...in a casual environment it"s a risk that can be worth taking...in a professional setting, not so much.

Tenks

The boss thing could be accurate (though that just means she"d have to explain to her boss later if she did/didn"t accept) but if a girl is into you she won"t really care if other stuff is going on. She"d accept the invite and just deal the the consequences later. I"m sure her friends/family would understand if she met someone she"s interested in that she"d want to bail for one night.

Either way, GL Brad.

Brad2770

Tarrant220 said:
Also after her response of can I call you tomorrow, if he would have shot back with "how about now?" that woulda been a bit pushy I"m thinking, more so since he was in her work place at the time...in a casual environment it"s a risk that can be worth taking...in a professional setting, not so much.
Well, I did say "How about today?" because i wanted her to know I wasnt going to wait around for just her.

Trying to learn what you bitches are preaching in here. Even though the tickets will probably go to waste if she doesnt accept (bought them for me and my ex back in June... the stupid bitch)...