Girls who broke your heart thread

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Eomer said:
I"m kind of surprised that no one"s called him out. Regardless of her willingness to cheat on her fiance, going after married or engaged women in my opinion is just a flat out shitty thing to do, whether you know the guy or not.
Pff, that"s the only way to cheat, honestly. Less chance of them outing the relationship and ruining your life too. I should add that this only applies if you"re married. If you"re single, well, who really gives a shit? Unless the guy"s bigger than you, no sweat.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Like I said, I just think it"s a shitty thing to do, regardless of whether or not it will ever come back to haunt you in any way.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It"s a very shitty thing to do. The whole "she"s gonna cheat, so it might as well be my dick and not the next guy" routine is something I"m vehemently against. It"s pretty despicable.

Whyme_foh

shitlord
Gotta love moral relativism.

Tarrant: I don"t envy your position but I think you"re handling it well given the circumstances. Forget the haters, go and live your life and I really hope that things work out for you.

To all the haters: let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Some of you really, REALLY have no business bagging on Tarrant. He"s made his decision. Instead of judging his values, how about we offer some positive support? Things like "there"s no way in hell you"ll ever work out, BUT I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!!" do not count.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Alright, here"s a question about that most dreaded of days for us guys: Valentine"s Day. So I"ve gone on three dates with Anna now. As I"ve said, she"s really busy and we can only really get together once every week or two. No discussions about where we"re going or anything like that. It"s been pretty laid back. I think she"s fairly in to me, and she"s growing on me as well. Oh yeah and we haven"t slept with each other yet either, just heavy petting highschool styles.

By coincidence I don"t have any plans that weekend, as opposed to most others, so I"ll be around (most likely). Should I avoid the topic/day entirely (I could quite easily say I will be out of town)? Set something up but keep it casual and don"t do any kind of present? Send The Package?

I"ve been lucky enough, praise jebus, that I"ve almost never had to deal with V-day as none of my relationships have ever coincided with it. So I"m a little out of my element.

Seethe_foh

shitlord
Didn"t realize you Canucks celebrated that commercial holiday. My advice to you, since you"ve only gone on three dates and things are "laid back," is to just take her out to dinner on Saturday, since Valentine"s falls on a Sunday this year. Do not, under any circumstances, buy her The Package or anything else for that matter. Since you guys are "chill," treat the "holiday" as any other day. If, because of her work schedule or whatnot, you can only go on Sunday, my advice remains the same. You haven"t nearly gone on enough dates to justify anything which involves holding a stereo over your head, so don"t buy her anything other than dinner and pretty much steer clear of even acknowledging it"s February 14.

Or you could buy her 96 red roses and give her that kimono which has been collecting dust...

Jimmycarterwuwu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Eomer said:
Alright, here"s a question about that most dreaded of days for us guys: Valentine"s Day. So I"ve gone on three dates with Anna now. As I"ve said, she"s really busy and we can only really get together once every week or two. No discussions about where we"re going or anything like that. It"s been pretty laid back. I think she"s fairly in to me, and she"s growing on me as well. Oh yeah and we haven"t slept with each other yet either, just heavy petting highschool styles.

By coincidence I don"t have any plans that weekend, as opposed to most others, so I"ll be around (most likely). Should I avoid the topic/day entirely (I could quite easily say I will be out of town)? Set something up but keep it casual and don"t do any kind of present? Send The Package?

I"ve been lucky enough, praise jebus, that I"ve almost never had to deal with V-day as none of my relationships have ever coincided with it. So I"m a little out of my element.
If I were you, I would treat it as a regular date and not mention anything. I have had the same situation as you, where my relationships either ended or began after V day. Since it"s only been 3 dates, I highly suggest making it a regular date.
*THE CURVE BALL* If she is way into you and you aren"t prepared it could end the relationship too depending on the girl. She might get you something while you have jack shit, and thus you becoming a dick. So you got two options.

Option 1: Get flowers as a safeguard and give them to her and say something like, "I know its a little cliche but here are some roses" your tone has to be right on to say these lines.

Option 2: I do it for Christmas relationships that aren"t too serious. Buy something that is basically a unisex gift. That way, if there is no exchanging, you keep what you buy and enjoy it or return it.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
V day is tricky as hell for ambiguous relationships.

But, you both know what fucking day it is, and you both are wondering how the other thinks of it, so if you ignore it and never mention it you look like a god damn weirdo. And you ARE a weirdo for never mentioning it. Even if you have a fb you should at least text them or SOMETHING saying happy valentine"s day.

I can"t remember with whom but I was in the exact same situation for v day a few years ago with a girl. Just buy her a box of chocolates and say "happy valentines day." Acknowledge it but be casual. Invite her over for a movie or something if you want, something she knows will be low key in advance.

Bottom line is if she likes you she"s gonna be terribly let down if you completely ignore the day. By doing something small you let her know you"re thinking about her, you have some social intelligence (lol @ ignoring the day completely), and best of all the plan can"t go terribly wrong. And that"s all valentines day is about anyway for us guys: trying to do as little relationship damage as possible with our emotional ineptitude.

Just avoid flowers, dinner, and The Package.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
First time I mentioned Valentine"s Day with the girlfriend a few weeks back she referred to it as a bullshit holiday for profiteering on the guilt of men to please the women in their lives. I like her.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jimmy Carter wuwu said:
If I were you, I would treat it as a regular date and not mention anything. I have had the same situation as you, where my relationships either ended or began after V day. Since it"s only been 3 dates, I highly suggest making it a regular date.
*THE CURVE BALL* If she is way into you and you aren"t prepared it could end the relationship too depending on the girl. She might get you something while you have jack shit, and thus you becoming a dick. So you got two options.

Option 1: Get flowers as a safeguard and give them to her and say something like, "I know its a little cliche but here are some roses" your tone has to be right on to say these lines.

Option 2: I do it for Christmas relationships that aren"t too serious. Buy something that is basically a unisex gift. That way, if there is no exchanging, you keep what you buy and enjoy it or return it.
Basically here is what you do:

Just invite her out on a date like it"s just a normal get together, invite her over to your house and cook her some food. Before this happens go out and buy some chocolate, it doesn"t have to be a cliche box of chocolates, in fact it would probably be best to stray away from something like that, go to an actual chocolate store and buy some good quality shit. just keep it in the box it came in, if she brings something to you give it to her. If she doesn"t bring you something and you don"t feel the moods right to give it to her, then just keep it for yourself and eat it.

Also, don"t suck at cooking.

chu_foh

shitlord
Dabamf said:
V day is tricky as hell for ambiguous relationships.

But, you both know what fucking day it is, and you both are wondering how the other thinks of it, so if you ignore it and never mention it you look like a god damn weirdo. And you ARE a weirdo for never mentioning it. Even if you have a fb you should at least text them or SOMETHING saying happy valentine"s day.

I can"t remember with whom but I was in the exact same situation for v day a few years ago with a girl. Just buy her a box of chocolates and say "happy valentines day." Acknowledge it but be casual. Invite her over for a movie or something if you want, something she knows will be low key in advance.

Bottom line is if she likes you she"s gonna be terribly let down if you completely ignore the day. By doing something small you let her know you"re thinking about her, you have some social intelligence (lol @ ignoring the day completely), and best of all the plan can"t go terribly wrong. And that"s all valentines day is about anyway for us guys: trying to do as little relationship damage as possible with our emotional ineptitude.

Just avoid flowers, dinner, and The Package.
This is correct. You can"t ignore the day; it"s virtually impossible to not realize its Vday nowadays. Get her something non-extravagant. Maybe a 25$ box of bernard callebaut chocolates. I"m sure you have those in Edmonton. They come decently wrapped.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
brekk said:
First time I mentioned Valentine"s Day with the girlfriend a few weeks back she referred to it as a bullshit holiday for profiteering on the guilt of men to please the women in their lives. I like her.
Yeah women say all sorts of bullshit. You gotta do something or she"ll resent it. When all her little girlfriends get together for their pillowfight-in-panties parties and they talk about what their boyfriends did she"ll feel awkward saying "We didn"t do anything because it"s about corporate profits, maaaaan!"

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
brekk said:
Yeah, and when you ignore the day and don"t get her anything, she"ll ask you why you don"t love her. That"s how they fucking work man, all of them.

Like I always say my wife is different about shit, but we agreed this year to not exchange gifts for christmas. Hey, 25th rolls around and I"ve got a couple under the tree. WHAT THE FUCK WOMAN? You can"t just fucking tell me that you don"t wanna exchange gifts and then get me something. The fact that I wouldda bought them myself had I not gotten them for christmas is irrelevant. Women thrive on making you look like a jackass, whether it"s intentionally or subconsciously or whatever.

Eomer -- did some looking around for Valentines day cards yesterday, and pretty much all of them are some variation of "you"re the love of my life" or "thanks for letting me do naughty things to you." The ones that aren"t are just oddball bullshit random musings. If the oddball ones work for you, you could go that direction, but I think either of the other ones is rather inappropriate if you"re not actually banging the chick.

I"d go with a small box of chocolates or something and some kind of weird quirky card that doesn"t really say anything one way or another. Don"t drop more than like $25 on it.

And after re-reading the last few posts, I think you should take this advice. You"ve got Dabamf, Tenks, Chu, and Me all giving you the same advice. That"s about as broad a spectrum as it comes around here, and we all actually agree on it.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Cross posting because it"s more relevant here:

GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:
He"s built up a wall of narcissism to shield himself from the reality of not being able to succeed in the one place it counts in life -- interpersonal relationships.
How do you figure? Because I haven"t married someone or stayed in relationships that weren"t going to work out long term suddenly I"m failing at interpersonal relationships? Fuck that, I can interpersonal the shit out of most people, I"m well liked and have a large circle of friends, whether or not you get married or are continually in long term relationships is only a small part of someone"s "interpersonal relationships."

And as someone pointed out, you"re the fucknut who went through a divorce with a woman that you hated by the end of your marriage, then went and got someone else pregnant before the papers were even signed. If I recall correctly.

Not to mention your snowballing habit. /rimshot

brekk said:
And that"s the funny thing about women. Because roughly translated, that still meant something along the lines of "if you buy me shinies I"ll be very happy (and possibly do things dirtier than normal)." She just doesn"t know it until she opens the box.

As it turns out I"m probably not gonna be in town on the actual day, which alone takes pressure off. We"ll probably do something on the usual Monday, if she"s around. It"s a holiday that day as well, maybe go skating and cook at my place. To be honest I"ll probably get her to cook, since I"m mediocre at best and she enjoys cooking anyway. Cooking for someone as a guy is something you do for a girlfriend, not someone you"re just starting to date. In my opinion. But girls will cook for the sake of it.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
LOL, well I"m still planning on getting her something small. But I don"t think she"s saying that and not really meaning it. It"s really hard to describe, and I do know where you guys are coming from I"ve dealt with many girls like that before. My current GF is just really low maintenance.

It helps she"s another poor college kid. Neither one of us want to spend lots of money on pointless things.

Oh, we also still haven"t said, "I Love You," after 7 months.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Eomer said:
Cross posting because it"s more relevant here:

How do you figure? Because I haven"t married someone or stayed in relationships that weren"t going to work out long term suddenly I"m failing at interpersonal relationships? Fuck that, I can interpersonal the shit out of most people, I"m well liked and have a large circle of friends, whether or not you get married or are continually in long term relationships is only a small part of someone"s "interpersonal relationships."

And as someone pointed out, you"re the fucknut who went through a divorce with a woman that you hated by the end of your marriage, then went and got someone else pregnant before the papers were even signed. If I recall correctly.

Not to mention your snowballing habit. /rimshot

And that"s the funny thing about women. Because roughly translated, that still meant something along the lines of "if you buy me shinies I"ll be very happy (and possibly do things dirtier than normal)." She just doesn"t know it until she opens the box.

As it turns out I"m probably not gonna be in town on the actual day, which alone takes pressure off. We"ll probably do something on the usual Monday, if she"s around. It"s a holiday that day as well, maybe go skating and cook at my place. To be honest I"ll probably get her to cook, since I"m mediocre at best and she enjoys cooking anyway. Cooking for someone as a guy is something you do for a girlfriend, not someone you"re just starting to date. In my opinion. But girls will cook for the sake of it.
Homie, do you want to get laid?

If so, learn to fucking cook for her.

Here;

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
brekk said:
LOL, well I"m still planning on getting her something small. But I don"t think she"s saying that and not really meaning it. It"s really hard to describe, and I do know where you guys are coming from I"ve dealt with many girls like that before. My current GF is just really low maintenance.
I"m not saying she"d be mad if you didn"t buy her something or do something cheesey to mark the day. I"m saying that she"ll be happy if you do. There"s a difference.

If so, learn to fucking cook for her.
I refuse. She doesn"t have to learn how to unplug toilets, kill bugs, do random carpentry, lift heavy objects or open jars. I don"t have to learn how to cook well.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Look brah, proper sexism dictates that if you want a sandwich that bitch needs to be in the kitchen, but if you want something that takes actual skill to make you better do that shit yourself.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
The Ancient said:
Look brah, proper sexism dictates that if you want a sandwich that bitch needs to be in the kitchen, but if you want something that takes actual skill to make you better do that shit yourself.
You lucky to find a woman that cooks. Seems like a dieing breed.