Girls who broke your heart thread

Ravvenn_sl

shitlord
Needless said:
B...but it sounds so mean ;__;
Not mean, but harsh. Sometimes you have to just man up and say something. If you do not try to stop this now it will end up worse and you"ll be the one enabling it.

On the card topic, I love cards! I like to buy random cards and I love getting cards. I prefer a card over a present. The only thing I don"t like about them is they"re such a goddamn ripoff. When buying cards, I spend so much time reading them all to try to find the perfect one (I know, I"m pretty weird). I want my own card company so I can make cards forrealpeople.

Front: "Thank You"
Inside: "For putting up with my shit"

(My cards would have hidden peens, balls and boobs within the artwork)

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Ravvenn said:
I would totally buy that card. On the same note they need a line of Non-Love relationship cards. My girlfriend and I were talking last weekend about how hard it is to find cards for a boyfriend/girlfriend that don"t use "love"

Stratos_foh

shitlord
a woman making fun of herself, saying she"s just a plaything, fun, etc is one thing. you coming up with it on your own to call her those things is another. calling the remainder of the relationship simply an opportunity for fun rubs me wrong. it"s all in the phrasing, so if you paired it with a sincere compliment "you"re wonderful, blah blah blah, let"s make the best of it and have fun," then I don"t see an issue. the raw "no time left, so let"s have fun" in a serious relationship conversation comes across as juvenile/wrong to me.

it"s just instinct. when I read the last sentence of bofa"s proposed plan for the conversation, I immediately thought, "don"t say that." of course, it won"t go down as he has it written, and I"m sure there"ll be more flow to it, so my "problem" is all about the theoretical. When it happens, I"m sure he"ll do it right - in the moment, looking into her eyes and all that.

I cannot see anyone saying "let"s just have fun" in any sincere or meaningful way that would make a girl feel appreciated and respected. it"s just not my style.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Ravvenn said:
I"ll agree with people mocking The Method. This is a man who dresses like a drag queen and pimps lovechild. If this man approached me in a bar, I"d probably start pitching my gay friend to him. The best thing he does is give nerds makeovers, and honestly, I bet I can do a better job than him whether it"s a male or female (I"ve done it for my guild members!).
I really liked your post until this part. Whether you think he looks ridiculous or his methods are fake, he"s an expert at getting women. And you being a woman means he probably knows how to hit all the right buttons with you as well. "Oh but that wouldn"t work on ME!" Give me a break.

Ultimately you may not be interested in the guy romantically for all the reasons you say, but to say or imply he would fail at getting your emotions pumping is silly. His career revolves around that, and he"s multimillionaire now because of it. I"ve looked for a million reasons to conclude that he"s a douchebag...natural male ego preservation or something, but the bottom line is he knows how to attract women, consistently. I saw a video of this girl, one of those cynical kinda badass intimidating girls, just rip on him and his outfit viciously and relentlessly. Something like 9 minutes later she was melted in his arms and kissing for a photo.

But for the rest of the post, I really liked it. There is a skill to be able to tell someone the blunt truth without making them defensive or otherwise make them hate you. It"s one I"m in the process of working on. Currently my tone makes it sound to the listener like I think they are a horrible person and waste of oxygen.

And about faking confidence, the analogy to the pushup bra was masterful.

...except in a guy"s case, wearing the pushup bra long enough actually causes your tits to crow.

Zinke_foh

shitlord
One of the things mystery and all the other pickup artists say is that it should feel like a privilege to be picked up. Taking aside the arrogance in that statement, what they truly mean is that if you aren"t enjoying the act of them trying to "pick you up" then they have failed. At the highest level, it"s about finding a way for the girl to enjoy your company more than anyone else around.

Most of the problems people have with the "The Method" or similar, is that no one wants to be deduced down into some formulaic set of actions. But, that"s just the hook to get GUYS interested in learning how to do it, because that"s how GUYS think about picking up women. In truth, it"s never "Do X and she"ll do Y", its more a set of guidelines to help in different situations, with the goal of making the guy confident enough to be themselves, but the "self" that they see themselves as. i.e. bringing out the best parts of your personality.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ravvenn said:
Not mean, but harsh. Sometimes you have to just man up and say something. If you do not try to stop this now it will end up worse and you"ll be the one enabling it.

On the card topic, I love cards! I like to buy random cards and I love getting cards. I prefer a card over a present. The only thing I don"t like about them is they"re such a goddamn ripoff. When buying cards, I spend so much time reading them all to try to find the perfect one (I know, I"m pretty weird). I want my own card company so I can make cards forrealpeople.

(My cards would have hidden peens, balls and boobs within the artwork)
For the record, I have no intention of ever enabling something like that.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
McCheese said:
Always a hit with the ladies:
A few of us used that a few times on our raid leader on Valentine"s Day. (He flips the fuck out when people drop toy trains)

Ultimately you may not be interested in the guy romantically for all the reasons you say, but to say or imply he would fail at getting your emotions pumping is silly. His career revolves around that, and he"s multimillionaire now because of it. I"ve looked for a million reasons to conclude that he"s a douchebag...natural male ego preservation or something, but the bottom line is he knows how to attract women, consistently. I saw a video of this girl, one of those cynical kinda badass intimidating girls, just rip on him and his outfit viciously and relentlessly. Something like 9 minutes later she was melted in his arms and kissing for a photo.
Yeah, but is he married and happy? Because, uh, if he"s not, then... he"s failing at his own game.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I like how Grobb thinks you can only be happy if attached at the hip to another human being. Must suck hating yourself so badly you can only find happiness from another person.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Tenks said:
I like how Grobb thinks you can only be happy if attached at the hip to another human being. Must suck hating yourself so badly you can only find happiness from another person.
It"s not something you can explain to single people.

No, really, it"s not. You think your life is perfect now because you"re out chasing tail, sometimes winning, sometimes losing. But when you really have a connection with someone, a bond that goes beyond anything you"ve ever known, and start throwing little copies of yourself into the mix, that"s when you"re truly happy. A happy you didn"t know existed prior to it.

Or alternatively you make the wrong decision and hate your life for it, in which case you don"t know true hate. But, either way, single people really have nothing to compare it to. Try to spew off less hate for ideas you don"t understand yet, makes you look bitter.

findar_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Try to spew off less hate for ideas you don"t understand yet, makes you look bitter.
On the flip side, there are people independent enough that they are truly happy alone. They may find their companionship through friends or other means and if so fuck it, more power to them. Everyone has a right to be happy.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure the ultimate point Tenks was trying to make is that you need to be happy with who you are and not dependent on another individual for personal validation. I am of course not downplaying the awesomeness that a solid relationship can be, but if you aren"t for the most part happy with yourself, how can you be happy with someone else?

So after the bullshit of the last girl I tried to have something with, I started hanging out with a girl I"ve known for a few months. She"s always seemed hella awesome and really fun to be around, so when she asked what I was doing one day, I went ahead and made plans with her.

Few days later and we decide we really like each other, and have for some time. She actually admits to me that when we first met, she was trying to throw signals at me constantly, but I was oblivious, and when she finally worked up the nerve to approach me, I was already seeing someone.

We talk a little more and she starts telling me how she"d see me from time to time and see how I treated the girl I was with at the time and how she"d always wished that was her. So, it is now. Started dating officially and things are going really damn well.

Hopefully things can last and not get fucked up somehow.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
TheCutlery said:
It"s not something you can explain to single people.

No, really, it"s not. You think your life is perfect now because you"re out chasing tail, sometimes winning, sometimes losing. But when you really have a connection with someone, a bond that goes beyond anything you"ve ever known, and start throwing little copies of yourself into the mix, that"s when you"re truly happy. A happy you didn"t know existed prior to it.

Or alternatively you make the wrong decision and hate your life for it, in which case you don"t know true hate. But, either way, single people really have nothing to compare it to. Try to spew off less hate for ideas you don"t understand yet, makes you look bitter.
Says the person who got married at 13 and has no clue what it is like to be single and well employed in the modern era. Try to spew off less hate for ideas you don"t understand. Enjoy your PB&J sandwich for dinner tonight.

Pretty sure the ultimate point Tenks was trying to make is that you need to be happy with who you are and not dependent on another individual for personal validation. I am of course not downplaying the awesomeness that a solid relationship can be, but if you aren"t for the most part happy with yourself, how can you be happy with someone else?
Hit it directly on the head. People that flaunt their relationships are ultimately not happy with themselves. People who are content with who they are do not need to go around talking about how great their significant other is because they"re genuinely happy people. I wanted so desperately to be married and attached with someone back when I was 19-20 and completely addicted to WoW and horribly depressed. Anymore, now that I"ve broken those self destructive behaviors and I"ve found to truly like myself as a person, I find relationships to be great and I am generally in one but I no longer feel theneedto be in on.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Tenks said:
Says the person who got married at 13 and has no clue what it is like to be single and well employed in the modern era. Try to spew off less hate for ideas you don"t understand. Enjoy your PB&J sandwich for dinner tonight.

Hit it directly on the head. People that flaunt their relationships are ultimately not happy with themselves. People who are content with who they are do not need to go around talking about how great their significant other is because they"re genuinely happy people. I wanted so desperately to be married and attached with someone back when I was 19-20 and completely addicted to WoW and horribly depressed. Anymore, now that I"ve broken those self destructive behaviors and I"ve found to truly like myself as a person, I find relationships to be great and I am generally in one but I no longer feel theneedto be in on.
Fucking really? So you"re a goddamned psychologist on the mindset of everyone who"s happy in a fucking relationship? And being happy in a relationship means that you"re unhappy with yourself? You don"t know fuck all about anything. It"s cool man, we were all young and stupid once. When you get older, you"ll look back and realize what a fucking tool you were, and maybe then you"ll be reasonable to talk to.

If you"re single and posting in this thread it"s because you"re trying to get some companionship. By your fucking logic, that must mean you"re unhappy with yourself, because if you weren"t, you wouldn"t give a shit about how your relationships are going or be asking for advice because it wouldn"t matter to you. The fact is that it does, and everyone, on some level, wants someone they can connect with rather than going home to an empty apartment every night and wallowing in your self pity. By your logic, it"s completely impossible for people to be happy with someone else without being unhappy with themselves. Yeah, I"m sure you"ll get people lined up around the block to prove your point too.

The fact of the matter is that I"m sick of you (and several other single guys) coming in here whipping your dick out on all the married guys and claiming that your life is so fucking awesome and being married and fucking the same chick every night is the most horrible life ever. Guess what, Poindexter? There"s a pretty goddamned good chance you"re gonna be one of us some day, so I"d be real careful to mind your tongue. You wanna know what I do when I wanna go get laid? I GO GET LAID. You know what you do? You need to send out millions of carbon copy emails to random chicks on dating websites, court them gracefully for several weeks hoping that you don"t accidentally text them too quickly, pretend that you actually have something interesting and worthwhile to fucking say at dinner, and hope one of them takes enough pity on you to throw you a handjob after going to Chili"s. You think my life is lame? Right back at ya bud, wouldn"t want to deal with that shit again. By the way, when you do get married, I"ll be reminding you of this shit.

I don"t know why it"s so difficult to grasp the concept that having someone to talk to when you get off work (like my wife, who happens to work for the IRS, had a particularly shitty day, considering the events of yesterday), or to interact with when all your raiding buddies log off for the night, or just hang out on the fucking couch and watch TV is something that the vast majority of people desire. If you"re making the statement that the vast majority of people are unhappy with themselves, then I dunno what to say to that. You clearly have a jaded view of humanity. I think most of humanity are fucking retards, but they"re obviously happy with their lives since they"re completely oblivious to anyone else"s the majority of the time. Maybe you"d like to share your views on your vast insight into the psyche of the population and tell us what brought you to that conclusion.

PB&J? Is that what the single dudes eat? I wouldda figured you for a ramen kinda guy myself. I grilled Monterey chicken last night. Wife is making fajitas tonight. I"ll concede we had a frozen pizza on Wednesday, but that"s because it was girl scouts night and neither of us had time to cook. You want me to spew off less hate? Fine, stop doing it yourself. I only gotta come in here and bitch slap you after you start sticking your fucking foot in your mouth.

You wanna know what I do when I wanna go get laid? I GO GET LAID. You know what you do? You need to send out millions of carbon copy emails to random chicks on dating websites, court them gracefully for several weeks hoping that you don"t accidentally text them too quickly, pretend that you actually have something interesting and worthwhile to fucking say at dinner, and hope one of them takes enough pity on you to throw you a handjob after going to Chili"s.
My hero.

People that flaunt their relationships are ultimately not happy with themselves. People who are content with who they are do not need to go around talking about how great their significant other is because they"re genuinely happy people.
It"s like suddenly you forget where you are. On the internet, people can be perfectly content and happy, and just throw that shit in your face for spite. I, personally, rather enjoy the stories of failure you boys post over and over. I also enjoy rubbing it in your faces that you"re doing it wrong, and it"s a lot easier than you"re making it out to be. It"s okay to fail at things; perhaps relationships aren"t your forte because you aren"t comfortable with who you are. I mean, you did have to adopt this entirely different personality just to talk to women. So yeah, you"ve hooked one, but can you KEEP one? You won the battle but lost the war.

And I"m 100% content with who I am. Why else would I come on here and brag about it? Because for all the shit talking you boys do, I"ve managed to do the truly hard thing: keep one. What does a one night stand or three month fuck-fling get you in the long run? Nothing, except maybe AIDS. Or an unwanted pregnancy. Bragging rights? Who gives a fuck about who you"ve slept with; are you HAPPY?