Girls who broke your heart thread

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
Sean said:
Well, fortunately her ex is in really poor health and probably going to die soon (her kids were taken away like 6 years ago). The fucking day he is buried I am going to piss on his grave.
You know a system is fucked when plan B involves waiting for someone to die. I do not even want to imagine what I would do in that situation.

They completely removed the children from her? Not even partial custody?

Sean_sl

shitlord
She gets to see them on the weekend and he"s a total dick to her about what she can/can"t do with them. His entire family was complete shitheads about her seeing the kids too up until recently when his health went into the shitter they started being nice to her because she"ll get the kids when he kicks the bucket. Doubt she"ll let those pieces of garbage anywhere near them once he does though. His entire family deserves a pair of concrete boots.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Darus Grey said:
That attitude is why this stuff happens. It"s entirely misinformed and goes back to the stereotyping of men as good-for-nothings who "victimize" the "weaker" sex.
Oh come on.Maybeit happens less in our generation, but look back a generation and you"ll see an entire slew of fathers who didn"t give 2 shits about their kids at all. The divorce meant freedom from "That bitch and those rugrats." My wife"s father ceased being in their life after the divorce, I have many friends from divorced parents who barely know their father, and those that do don"t have a "Hey, come on over and watch the game" kind of relationship with them.

Hell, my parents are still married and my dad doesn"t give a shit, and never has. It might be a stereotype, but it used to be true. We get to pay for the sins of our fathers, but it"s ridiculous to act like it didn"t happen.

Darus Grey_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Oh come on.Maybeit happens less in our generation, but look back a generation and you"ll see an entire slew of fathers who didn"t give 2 shits about their kids at all. The divorce meant freedom from "That bitch and those rugrats." My wife"s father ceased being in their life after the divorce, I have many friends from divorced parents who barely know their father, and those that do don"t have a "Hey, come on over and watch the game" kind of relationship with them.

Hell, my parents are still married and my dad doesn"t give a shit, and never has. It might be a stereotype, but it used to be true. We get to pay for the sins of our fathers, but it"s ridiculous to act like it didn"t happen.
It was never true of the majority or even the (large)minority, you have a shitty father and are just projecting that onto the rest of society.

The reality is that whatever parent has custody of the child typically ends up poisoning the child"s mind against the other parent.

That"s the most common scenario I see, "deadbeat" dads are the result of terrible mothers who put so many speedbumps up against said dad being able to do "the right thing" that they eventually do the sane thing and give up.
Very rarely does the father not want to be a part of the child"s life(it"s a very strong compelling part of human nature), they don"t want to be a part of the MOTHER"s life, and that...is an entirely different problem.

When men gain custody of their children you often see the same amount(a small amount) of women who will just never contact them again.

So yeah, the only reason you and others think it"s a problem with men is because you almost always see men do it...

Because....*drumroll*.

Women are almost always the ones awarded custody. So duh...of course it"s skewed.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
TheCutlery said:

Well that explains why you"re mad all the time and have an unending crusade to protect marriage, DADDY ISSUES.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
So...rename this thread to the Custody battles and Marriage Thread? I never thought I"d miss Eomer"s liveblogs but god is that preferably than listening to opinion after opinion on this shit.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Darus Grey said:
It was never true of the majority or even the (large)minority, you have a shitty father and are just projecting that onto the rest of society.
Oh, sure. Then the vast majority of people I know have shitty fathers then. My mom"s dad was fucking the lady across the street, left and didn"t want to see any of the 5 kids ever again. Moved a state away, and the family didn"t even hear about it when he fucking died dude. My mom read it in the goddamned paper. I"ve got friends that barely know their dads, they left shortly after they were born and haven"t been back and don"t give two shits whether the kid lives or dies. Don"t give me this fucking bullshit about how it doesn"t happen dude. If fathers WANT to be in their kid"s life, they will be. See Brad and Tarrant and other people. There"s a sizable portion of the population who just doesn"t give a shit however, and take the easy road of not ever having to deal with it. Whether you want to recognize it or not, that"s the truth. And everyone I"m talking about is Caucasian. You don"t think this is worse in minority communities? Talk to some black people about their dads, see if they even know who the fuck he is or what he"s doing. Is it changing today? Sure, slowly. Because there are people who realize that they don"t want to be the father they had, but it sure as shit doesn"t mean that it doesn"t happen

You"re a fucking male right"s activist for fuck"s sake. You don"t represent the average populous, you represent the small portion of the population who are both wronged by the system, and pissed off enough to actually talk to you about it. That"s a pretty small minority dude. For the rest of the lower middle class, what I"ve said is WAY more common than you"d think from dealing with the people who have the money and the means to be associating with activists.

Sutekh said:
Well that explains why you"re mad all the time and have an unending crusade to protect marriage, DADDY ISSUES.
Oh yeah? Then what explains your unending crusade to shit up every thread you post in? You"ve never contributed anything, and basically farm negs. I don"t need to take shit from you, asshat.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
TheCutlery said:
Oh yeah? Then what explains your unending crusade to shit up every thread you post in? You"ve never contributed anything, and basically farm negs. I don"t need to take shit from you, asshat.
Woah, calm down. Just making an assessment.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The Ancient said:
So...rename this thread to the Custody battles and Marriage Thread? I never thought I"d miss Eomer"s liveblogs but god is that preferably than listening to opinion after opinion on this shit.
It"s a thread about women, women breaking hearts and relationships....how are those two things ( Custody battles and Marriage) not related or a byproduct of the things i mentioned?

Also Cut...dude you"re always raging, take it down a few notches man.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Tarrant220 said:
It"s a thread about women, women breaking hearts and relationships....how are those two things ( Custody battles and Marriage) not related or a byproduct of the things i mentioned?

Also Cut...dude you"re always raging, take it down a few notches man.
As far as I"m concerned talking about personal marriage and custody experiences is a fine read. Discussion directed towards those issues is fair game too. Chuckleheads spouting post after post about their opinions on the institution of marriage or their opinion on custody rights is annoying to read and you should want them to shut their holes as much as I do.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The Ancient said:
As far as I"m concerned talking about personal marriage and custody experiences is a fine read. As is discussion directed towards those issues is fair game too. Chuckleheads spouting post after post about their opinions on the institution of marriage or their opinion on custody rights is annoying to read and you should want them to shut their holes as much as I do.
Ah well then I misunderstood your point (my bad )and I agree with you 100%

Darus Grey_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Oh, sure. Then the vast majority of people I know have shitty fathers then. My mom"s dad was fucking the lady across the street, left and didn"t want to see any of the 5 kids ever again. Moved a state away, and the family didn"t even hear about it when he fucking died dude. My mom read it in the goddamned paper. I"ve got friends that barely know their dads, they left shortly after they were born and haven"t been back and don"t give two shits whether the kid lives or dies. Don"t give me this fucking bullshit about how it doesn"t happen dude. If fathers WANT to be in their kid"s life, they will be. See Brad and Tarrant and other people. There"s a sizable portion of the population who just doesn"t give a shit however, and take the easy road of not ever having to deal with it. Whether you want to recognize it or not, that"s the truth. And everyone I"m talking about is Caucasian. You don"t think this is worse in minority communities? Talk to some black people about their dads, see if they even know who the fuck he is or what he"s doing. Is it changing today? Sure, slowly. Because there are people who realize that they don"t want to be the father they had, but it sure as shit doesn"t mean that it doesn"t happen

You"re a fucking male right"s activist for fuck"s sake. You don"t represent the average populous, you represent the small portion of the population who are both wronged by the system, and pissed off enough to actually talk to you about it. That"s a pretty small minority dude. For the rest of the lower middle class, what I"ve said is WAY more common than you"d think from dealing with the people who have the money and the means to be associating with activists.
You"re being quite dense, and obviously don"t have a clue.

The number of "deadbeat dads"(defined by children who have no contact with their father and do not receive support) is at an all-time low. 24% (V.K. Penn State) of children are "fatherless". Of the fathers of those 24%, 77% received some form of child support(U.S. Census).

Number of children, etc etc, that puts the number of "dead-beat" dads at ~8% a borderline epidemic obviously.

Just based on internal surveys, distance from the mother is the biggest factor in why fathers become estranged...and if you look at child support payment data...

Custodial fathers were owed $3.3 billion and received $2.4 billion.
Deficit: $.9 billion of child support payments were not made by mothers.

Custodial mothers were owed $34.7 billion and received $22.4 billion.
Deficit: $12.3 billion of child support payments were not made by fathers.

Women who must pay child support to custodial fathers become "deadbeats" AT ABOUT THE SAME RATE AS MEN.

Which brings me back to what I originally said, There are so many "deadbeat dads" only because women are awarded custody in 90%+ of cases. If men were awarded custody at that level, we"d be complaining about deadbeat moms.

tl;dr version:

Your family sucks and you happen to hang around with people whose familys also suck, this is obviously a solid basis to claim anything you want.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Because paying the mother equals being a father, right? Yeah, got it. Comprende.

The number is probably at an all time low because states starting doing shit like taking away drivers licenses if you were behind on your child support. It has nothing to do with fucking morals or wanting to see your kid or giving a shit about your children at all.

Your stats mean jack shit. Lots of parents have all kinds of intentions about doing this or that with their kid after a divorce. Unfortunately, laziness sets in, and the next thing you know, Dad isn"t even calling on birthdays anymore. Lot more common than you"d like everyone to believe.

But don"t worry man, the world is all sunshine and lollipops as long as you say it is.

chu_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Because paying the mother equals being a father, right? Yeah, got it. Comprende.

The number is probably at an all time low because states starting doing shit like taking away drivers licenses if you were behind on your child support. It has nothing to do with fucking morals or wanting to see your kid or giving a shit about your children at all.

Your stats mean jack shit. Lots of parents have all kinds of intentions about doing this or that with their kid after a divorce. Unfortunately, laziness sets in, and the next thing you know, Dad isn"t even calling on birthdays anymore. Lot more common than you"d like everyone to believe.

But don"t worry man, the world is all sunshine and lollipops as long as you say it is.
Lol, we get it. Your daddy beat you, raped you and then never called again. We don"t give a shit.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Guess what, even if 99.99999999% of divorced fathers are deadbeats, that has exactly nothing to do with fathers that WANT to be parents.

"Hey, all these other dads don"t want to be fathers, so your case to ask for more time with your child is denied."

The whole argument is entirely pointless and makes no sense.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
TheCutlery said:
Ladies and gents I do believe a button has been pressed. A sore point if you will.