Girls who broke your heart thread

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Or, you could, you know, just keep those fucking pictures in the proverbial sock drawer where they belong and stop thinking that anyone on the internet gives a fuck about your life.

Yeah, that just might work!

Facebook...when are you people gonna learn it does more harm than good?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
TheCutlery said:
Or, you could, you know, just keep those fucking pictures in the proverbial sock drawer where they belong and stop thinking that anyone on the internet gives a fuck about your life.

Yeah, that just might work!

Facebook...when are you people gonna learn it does more harm than good?
Lumie...is that you?

It"s harmful to those who lacking any maturity in their lives and who do nothing but live on it. I use mine for staying in touch with family members/friends from out of state and my busienss has one that I offer promotions through...it"s never once been harmful to me and I would imagin the same would go for many here.

Or maybe I"m assuming a lot, who knows.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
How many times have we seen the threads of a life slowly unraveled thanks to information that is easily collectable off of facebook and it"s related shit sites? Would Grobbee have been nearly as amusing if we couldn"t connect the dots going from point A to Z without him putting it all out there for public record? How many employers google your name now before they hire you? What"s the first thing that pops up? Probably your facebook so that you can play farm games with people you haven"t seen in real life in 15 years.

Fuck Lumie man. You need to look no further than the Real ID thread to determine that voluntarily putting anything about yourself on the internet is a recipe for disaster. It may not have bitten you in the ass yet, but there"s a high probability it will down the road, and why take the risk?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don"t really put anything on there I wouldn"t want anyone else to know I guess. Should there ever be the need for me to go out and get a job working for someone else...(which would mean my business went under...so lets hope not) they really wouldn"t know anything more personal about me then that they would find out in a normal conversation with me.

Granted I don"t blog and do other pointless shit (well I think it"s pointless) where I would spill all the good infos about me...not there really is much, I"m a pretty boring guy when it comes right down to it.

Working 65-70 hours a week, Facebook allows me to keep in contact with multiple people easily and it only take a few minutes out of my day rather then calling multiple people to ask if they want pictures of the kids, see whats new and so on and so forth.

Grobbee was a douche, it wasn"t Facebook that made him interesting...it was him being an unbelievable retard that made him so interesting and ammusing. Sure those things made it easier to see just how big of an ass he truly was but that was more of him not setting a limit to what he put out there, not the sites themselves so much.

Also if I recall it wasn"t Facebook so much we pulled most of his information off of, it was blogs and photobucket but I may be forgetting.

Primary reason I have a facebook account is for future employers. I am a very private person and hate stuff like facebook. Yet my facebook account has above average information, tons of pictures and all of it is public.
Of course by now there are more reasons, but that was why I created one.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hardly ever update my FB. I put up a new status maybe twice a week at most, post a news article here or there and have pictures of me with various people. Sometimes my at-time girlfriend. Have current girlfriends bitched that there are pictures of me with some different girl on my FB page? You bet. Have I told them that it is insane of them to have jealousy of something that is over and done with? Yep.

Pentaglottus_foh

shitlord
Zehn - Vhex said:
She was a very private person and I respect that. It would be an incredible douche maneuver to post in a public venue about it. I like to think that if nothing else, I"ll always have my integrity. To betray someone"s trust like that? Never happen.
Apologies for ribbing you earlier. Respect just went up a couple notches.

Kilivek said:
I"m not talking about exercising or eating healthy or doing well at your job. Certainly, finding a girl/sex is motivation for those things too, and I don"t say those are bad. Obviously, you should brush your teeth for your own benefit, not a girl"s. But I do agree that is improvement, regardless of why it"s done. (I might question why just that is motivation for improvement, but I digress.)

I"m talking about interpersonal behavior.
"Interpersonal behavior"? Your wording is a bit ambiguous. Even tooth-brushing can become "interpersonal" if those luscious little beads of toothpaste find a curve you like. And if you're lucky, afterwards, your cock will be minty fresh.

Your one example is a poor one. Eomer is trying to act confident. He is not trying to act like an asshole. You just threw asshole in there to make it sound bad. If you meant it as something more generalized than Eomer's case, it is still a poor example. There isn't much traffic upon ye holie path to purposeful assholerie.

Kilivek said:
The post above said it correctly. The person you act like is essentially the person you become.
It's impossible to not be you. Even when you're acting, you're being you. There is no "true self" you're betraying. That is the major flaw in your argument.

Are you saying that it is bad to emulate behaviors you don't agree with on a moral or personal level (i.e. being an asshole)? I can agree with that, but you are equating it with whether or not one should experiment (at all) in a relationship, which is a completely different animal. There is no reason at all to avoid experimentation.

Kilivek said:
And the amount of time Eomer (only using him because he posts so often in this thread) spends dealing with the women he wants to be with by jumping through interpersonal circus hoops is more than the time he actually spends with them.
What people are willing to put up with is highly personalized. The people who enjoy abuse aside, generally, as people learn they put up with less shit. We evolve a shit-sense, if you will, and actively avoid situations we once might have put up with, after learning where they lead. You learn that, no matter how charming the devil, once he leads you into the woods, he's going to do what devils do. He's going to brush your goddamn teeth.

You seem to be that particular species of individual that cannot fathom any rational reason for admitting stress/pain into your life (when it can be avoided). Correct me if I'm wrong. Youhaveto work, so youhaveto get stressed. Youhaveto take care of your teeth, so youhaveto deal with disgust. But you shouldn'thaveto change yourself or expend exceptional effort in a relationship. Afterall, you're an individual and all that bullcrap. Well, I don't really think that's true. And I think changing yourself (as I believe others have said), interpersonal and otherwise, is beneficial to your growth as a person. Also. With Eomer, that's his thing. Only he can know if he's getting adequate satisfaction for his efforts.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
TheCutlery said:
How many times have we seen the threads of a life slowly unraveled thanks to information that is easily collectable off of facebook and it"s related shit sites? Would Grobbee have been nearly as amusing if we couldn"t connect the dots going from point A to Z without him putting it all out there for public record? How many employers google your name now before they hire you? What"s the first thing that pops up? Probably your facebook so that you can play farm games with people you haven"t seen in real life in 15 years.

Fuck Lumie man. You need to look no further than the Real ID thread to determine that voluntarily putting anything about yourself on the internet is a recipe for disaster. It may not have bitten you in the ass yet, but there"s a high probability it will down the road, and why take the risk?
And all of that is controllable in the privacy settings. The only people who can see pictures I"m tagged in are ones that are in them as well basically. If someone can just google your name and find shit out about you that"s embarassing or damning, chances are you"ve got bigger worries than Facebook. It"s extremely easy to restrict the most personal stuff to a close circle of true friends, while the other couple hundred "friends" will just see a bare profile with the more "public" photos or info.

Yeah, never really understood the extreme paranoia about Facebook and it"s related going-ons. Don"t be a retard and plaster a bunch of needless shit on it, and you"re golden.

I use it regularly and have no qualms about anything I put on there. Some people (mom, etc) get uppity with me about it, but I tell them if they don"t like it, unfriend me. I have no shame or need to hide anything on there now or down the road.

So I get a message from my ex yesterday on Facebook. Dont know how to respond to it or how to take it.

She was pretty much the love of my life, but it was always lies and I felt like I couldnt trust her. Heres the message.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i"d respond with "anal?"

and no i"m not trolling -- she obviously treated you like shit so i wouldn"t give it a serious thought for an instant.

But i would fuck around with the situation.

Picasso said:
i"d respond with "anal?"

and no i"m not trolling -- she obviously treated you like shit so i wouldn"t give it a serious thought for an instant.

But i would fuck around with the situation.
Sure she treated me like shit sometimes, but I always have that thought of "what if" in my head about her. Part of me wants to tell her to fuck off (again) and the other just wants to see how it goes.

Really what do I have to lose? I go into it prepared for the worst, and if it ends up that way, then no real loss. If it turns out great, then its a bingo for both of us.

Oh yeah, and shes really into dildos and toys and what not. The bonus is she can also squirt.

Picasso3

What the fuck do you mean what do you have to lose? Years of your life, money, heartache? You don"t need to justify it to me son.

How many couples do you hear about that said "well we went out and he couldn"t trust me so we broke up for 5 years, then i came back by sending a long message on facebook, and now we"re soulmates 4ever"

What do you have to lose by asking for anal? If anything you"ll figure out how much she wants you back, any bitch worth keeping hates being fucked in the ass.

Picasso said:
What the fuck do you mean what do you have to lose? Years of your life, money, heartache? You don"t need to justify it to me son.

How many couples do you hear about that said "well we went out and he couldn"t trust me so we broke up for 5 years, then i came back by sending a long message on facebook, and now we"re soulmates 4ever"

What do you have to lose by asking for anal? If anything you"ll figure out how much she wants you back, any bitch worth keeping hates being fucked in the ass.
Haha true. I doubt shed do anal though. Shes pretty open about stuff but she wont give out the backstage passes. Ill have to throw it out there and see what she says and how bad she wants me back.

And doesnt evey guy have all that to lose in any relationship? New or old? I get your point of she is an ex for a reason, but not sure exactly how ill play this out.

Rune_foh

shitlord
I don"t know if this will help you, but I basically got the same letter a while back. In my case, she was just down and looking for some attention. I responded with some low key stuff but she never replied. Like you, I never could trust the girl again after what had transpired. Maybe she"s looking for some huge ego boost, for you to come running back with open arms so she can reject you again.

No biggie. I don"t regret replying because I was genuinely curious as to what the fuck was going through her head. I guess I"ll never know.

Picasso3

EmpireF4i said:
And doesnt evey guy have all that to lose in any relationship? New or old?
Yes, that"s why we"re very careful about picking mates -- and one of the criteria for a successful relationship is "haven"t already tried and failed".

EmpireF4i said:
I doubt shed do anal though.
Then she doesn"t love you.

Zeste_foh

shitlord
EmpireF4i said:
And doesnt evey guy have all that to lose in any relationship? New or old? I get your point of she is an ex for a reason, but not sure exactly how ill play this out.

I am going to say that, while there is an "opportunity cost" to being involved with a person in a romantic relationship, you have to weigh what you lose with what you gain.

We all lose things when we enter a relationship. Like Picasso said:Years of your life, money, heartache?But that isn"t how you gauge a relationship, you gauge it by the benefit, not the loss.

Would I give up a month of my life to see what it is like to hike the Himalayas and climb Everest? Fuck yes. Would I give up the same month to sit at a DMV and see what it is like to be a DMV worker? Fuck no.

I missed the same month either way. But what did you gain? How does hooking up with this ex benefit you and compensate for the sacrifices? I would say it doesn"t.

Too often in life, we equate "what do I have to lose" or "no good reason not to" with initiative. At this stage in my life, I really look at it as "What do I have to gain" and "Do I have a good reason to do so?"

Why waste and share YOUR valuable time, energy, and life with someone who doesn"t really deserve it?

Divinefactor_foh

shitlord
EmpireF4i said:
So I get a message from my ex yesterday on Facebook. Dont know how to respond to it or how to take it.

She was pretty much the love of my life, but it was always lies and I felt like I couldnt trust her. Heres the message.
Apart from one paragraph where she mentions some of your friends and specific locations, this letter says absolutely jack shit thats specific to you. She could send this letter to every single ex of hers and it would be just as true to them as to you.

You can alert her to this fact and call her out on just attempting to use you to assuage her own insecurities about her shitty actions and decisions, and challenge her to grow as a person with some introspection and write something that is not meaningless drivel

OR

just respond with: Anal?

She is your ex for a reason, dont forget that, but anal from an ex is still anal!