Girls who broke your heart thread

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Nothing wrong with Community college, but it does have a ton of single moms.

Necro-topic:

D.C. area and Dixie drifting farther and farther apart
"I do think we"ve reached a critical mass of some kind - we"re not a real Southern state anymore," said former Virginia state senator Russell Potts, 71, a longtime lawmaker from Loudoun County and an independent gubernatorial candidate in 2005. "I happen to believe that southern Virginia now actually starts down near Richmond. You can"t even say that Fredricksburg is Southern."
Supposed to be there (DC area) as of the 31st.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Was that supposed to go in political thread or something? I don"t see why it"s here.

TheCutlery said:
I tried to explain this many months ago, and no one understood what I was saying then, but uhh, yeah, your priorities definitely do change when you"re married with kids.
I do NOT disagree. But thats a different topic. Your "wife and soulmate" is a whole different situation. Friends > Pussy is about who gets the girl, new girl causing trouble, etc. There is a reason we dont say Bro > Wife.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Inconsiderable said:
I do NOT disagree. But thats a different topic. Your "wife and soulmate" is a whole different situation. Friends > Pussy is about who gets the girl, new girl causing trouble, etc. There is a reason we dont say Bro > Wife.
Well sure, but there isn"t some proverbial line drawn in the sand on either end of the "pussy -> wife" progression if you will. It"s a gradient that will differ for everyone, with the general idea being that all involved parties/bros should strive for levelheadedness and avoid assholery.

ie, don"t be a fuckin" douchebag.

brekk said:
Was that supposed to go in political thread or something? I don"t see why it"s here.
It came up about a month ago. We were talking about dating and the topic of "what states are considered part of The South" was discussed, Virginia specifically.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Great TC is back with his "You are not happy unless you are tied down and completely reliant upon other people for your happiness" argument

Schezanna_foh

shitlord
Yeah, the "happiness" thing amuses me. Having a wonderful relationship with someone like that is *a* source for true happiness, but certainly not the only one. It"s a function of passion and the ability to pursue it.

madmaan_foh

shitlord
Inconsiderable said:
I"m 28. And I dont think it is an extreme view, but simply something you just dont do. Its one of those basic rules in life and works both ways. Most "examples" why "the rule doesnt apply here" usually involves the friend fucking up in a way (in TC"s case: making a move on his wife).

Seriously, think about it. You have a friend you know for like 20 years now. Then you meet a woman and some kind of drama does arise. Even if you know her some weeks, how can you compare the chance that it might be "the one" with your friendship?
If you are willing to hurt him and risk the friendship for the chance you might have a long relationship with her, you are a bad friend.
You are 28, yet this posts reeks of someone who doesn"t understand that life is about change. A friend who can"t be flexible enough to not cause drama with whoever you are fucking/dating/married to can be still become a liability no matter how loyal they are. Just as its been said before, a true friend will either bend and adapt or you will need to change the nature of the friendship.

Saying " You are a bad friend for not being eternally loyal." makes me think you are the type who ends up playing the fool. Die hard loyalty is only noble on paper. Only the doormats choose bros before hos in the real world instead of compromising and using their fucking brains. People who have the nerve to stand on their own two feet don"t have to choose a side in these situations.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
And you sound like a cunt who does not understand what real friendship is and is threatened when someone explains it. Don"t feel bad not very many are lucky enough to understand it.

madmaan_foh

shitlord
Gryeyes said:
And you sound like a cunt who does not understand what real friendship is and is threatened when someone explains it. Don"t feel bad not very many are lucky enough to understand it.
Aww yes, only true friendship can be found in... causing drama with whoever your friend is dating? Sound logic for sure.

Obviously this hits too close to home for you.

madmaan said:
Gryeyes wrote what I was thinking. Your posts reek of someone who doesn"t understand what true friendship is. And fear of being alone.

Not sure what you get about the very simple line between:

a) Your friend and your wife have a fight, you tell him to back off because its your wife.

b) The girl you met last week is causing drama and/or problems and you tell her to stop that shit because she either gets along with your friends or the fuck out.

There is no great mystery of a changing life. There is only you and your inability to follow my postings and including the wife yet again.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Tenks said:
Great TC is back with his "You are not happy unless you are tied down and completely reliant upon other people for your happiness" argument
You"re so fucking right dude. How fucking horrible it is to have to wake up and deal with your awesome kids every morning. It"s completely unbearable to watch them grow up into their own little people, I only wish I could find the words to explain how thoroughly unsatisfying it is.

You just keep on keeping on. Maybe in a few years, we can talk about adult things.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
@inconsiserable a healthy an long lasting relationship involves several factors that are nearly always mutually exclusive to a friendship with your "bro". The two biggest factors are money and time. I am explaining this because bro"s have to take a backseat to future wife material for both emotional and physical reasons. If they don"t then you risk damaging or never having a real long lasting relationship.

First money. In a real friendship your bro"s won"t mind if you can"t afford to pay because your spending that income on your relationship. But not being able to pay will cause a strain on any friendship. Mind you it isn"t the money that makes the friendship its you not being a burden on your friends that makes it. Now if
You happen to be very well off and can afford to build a family and go out with the guys constantly then consider yourself very lucky indeed but there is still the time issue.

Time. A healthy long lasting relationship involves spending most of your free time together. You can still go out with the guys occasionally but that once a week is going to turn into once month real fast and as soon as a single child enters the picture I wouldn"t even count on that for awhile. If your blowing your future wife off for your friends no wonder your having so much unsolveable drama.

Also any healthy relationship will have drama but its how you solve that drama that makes a relationship stronger and healthier or just another temporary ho. If drop kick a girl off the first time you have drama to go be with your friends then you aren"t ready for a relationship yet.

Posted from iphone sorry for spell check issues