Girls who broke your heart thread

Vinen

God is dead
Camerous said:
Here is the thing.. get what she WANTS. Doesn"t matter if it costs 500 or 500,000... if she means enough to you to marry then let her pick it out and pay what ever it is. My first wife"s was 2k, 2nd was 700. I let THEM choose... and that"s what they wanted. If they truly love you then the size of the ring won"t matter UNLESS you are the one who goes small. Just remember that boys
Seems to have worked well for you...

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If she means enough to you to marry then let her pick it out! Seems like either of them didn"t really mean enough to you for you to stay with them.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Malkav said:
A freaking quarter of his annual salary for a fucking ring? Seriously?

I know love is great yadda yadda, but when you know that 2 marriages out of three end in a divorce, that shit is ridiculous.
The good news is that she doesn"t want a large wedding at all. They might elope or do a civil ceremony or something. So that more than offsets her expensive tastes on the ring, in the long run.

Speaking of divorces, I"ve got one friend who got married in his mid 20"s to this awful cow. I don"t recall what the ring was worth, but he mentioned awhile back the wedding was over six figures (400 person wedding, he"s Chinese, they don"t do that shit cheap). Divorced 3-4 years later. Woooooo.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I never understood the 3 months salary bullshit. If her having a giant ring is a deal breaker for her then she"s obviously around for the wrong reasons.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
yeah sounds like he"s been burned before.

my mom still has her original wedding band from her first marriage and said i could have it if i ever decide to propose to a broad. is it possible to alter the ring to add more diamonds and shit?

Pyrosprial_foh

shitlord
kegkilla said:

my mom still has her original wedding band from her first marriage and said i could have it if i ever decide to propose to a broad. is it possible to alter the ring to add more diamonds and shit?
Buy your own ring and cut the cord from your mother you basement dwelling faggot.

LOLJK free ring bru

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Well, that"s kind the problem with such rings: you can never get someone to buy it for nearly what it"s appraised at. If your mom"s ring would cost $5,000 today to make/buy, good luck getting more than $1,000 for it.

Further evidence the whole racket is a scam. The rings are "worth" several times what the raw materials and labor it takes to make them are worth when you"re buying them, but when you"re selling em you"re lucky to get what the stone and metal are worth.

Pyrosprial_foh

shitlord
Tell your bitch you don"t believe in some sort of material evidence of your love.

Then spend the monies on cocaine/strippers/hookers. Don"t be a pussy.

kegkilla said:

yes. or to take the diamonds out of the mounting altogether and reuse them in a new ring. (Recommended versus making a modification to an existing ring because alloys are likely to be different given age of the ring and you may want to go with a different metal anyways).

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
My mother was married to my dad for 13 years, she"s been divorced from him for 15 years, she has to this day on occasion when ranting about him brought up the fucking ring.

My dad"s the practical type, she"s a materialistic bitch.

joeintokyo_foh

shitlord
Seems that most rings here in Japan run between 10 and 20 thousand dollars with the weddings coming in usually around 50 grand.

Alot of the wedding costs is defrayed by guests though as you have to bring 300 dollars to the wedding and 150 to the afterparty...so if you can talk enough people into coming theoretically you can make money off it.

Luckily my wife doesn"t care about either of those things so we used the money for a down payment on a house. So while all of her friends had nice rings and lived in apartments or "mansions" she had a pretty decent house and a car both of which are really big things in the Tokyo area.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Etoille said:
yes. or to take the diamonds out of the mounting altogether and reuse them in a new ring. (Recommended versus making a modification to an existing ring because alloys are likely to be different given age of the ring and you may want to go with a different metal anyways).
Reuse the diamonds for her ring, rework/forge/whatever the alloy for his maybe?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
joeintokyo said:
Seems that most rings here in Japan run between 10 and 20 thousand dollars with the weddings coming in usually around 50 grand.

Alot of the wedding costs is defrayed by guests though as you have to bring 300 dollars to the wedding and 150 to the afterparty...so if you can talk enough people into coming theoretically you can make money off it.

Luckily my wife doesn"t care about either of those things so we used the money for a down payment on a house. So while all of her friends had nice rings and lived in apartments or "mansions" she had a pretty decent house and a car both of which are really big things in the Tokyo area.
In Korean culture it"s customary as the guest of a wedding to give the bride and groom how much it cost them to have you there.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
ToeMissile said:
In Korean culture it"s customary as the guest of a wedding to give the bride and groom how much it cost them to have you there.
That"s pretty much supposed to be the idea for most Western style weddings. Problem is that a decent wedding is going to cost $100-200 per head, and the chances that everyone is going to pony up that much in gifts or straight cash aren"t very good.