Girls who broke your heart thread

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Corndog said:
I"d be looking at the bigger picture. It"s not that your bro will be banging your ex. It"s the fact that your family/friend relationships are going to change dramatically.

She talks with you for years on facebook after you two have already separated. She knows you"re married. She is still interested. She now starts dating your brother, now she can show you how good she is compared to your current wife.

Current wife may get jealous if you don"t treat the ex like garbage. If you treat the ex like garbage your bro will hate you.

You can no longer help the ex in any way. If her car blows up into a fiery rage outside your house. If you give her a ride home, your wife will assume there is "something more" there.

Then there"s the positive. She dates your bro for a while, it doesn"t work out, but your wife and her become great friends and you enter Threesome town.

With all that being said. There"s nothing you can really do about it. You should just treat it like your bro is dating someone you don"t like. ALso be extra careful that you"re never alone with the ex for any prolonged period of time. Not that you"d let anything happen. But guess what everyone in the family will wonder if something is going on.
not absurd enough for troll post, not sane enough for real post...WHAT IS IT?!

lol @ thanksgiving dinner

Whyme_foh

shitlord
Had a date last night and I need to vent. How the fuck do you go 2 hours without asking the other person a. single. question. How is this even possible? I swear if I hadn"t told her my name when we met she wouldn"t have asked for i!

And I swear to god if another date pulls out their phone in the middle of a conversation to show me pictures of their cat, godson, whatever the fuck, I"m going to flip out. Put your phone down and talk to me dammit.

All PoF has gotten me are vapid, boring bitches...

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Pulling out the phone to show you something, fine. Pulling it out to msg others, not okay.

And yes attempting to carry a conversation while they put in zero effort is infuriating.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
brekk said:
Pulling out the phone to show you something, fine. Pulling it out to msg others, not okay.

And yes attempting to carry a conversation while they put in zero effort is infuriating.
Yea, I"ve had girls pull out a phone to show me a picture or something before... Never once had a girl actually talk to someone or text someone while on a date, if it was on a first date, I think I"d just pay the bill and walk out on her right then and there.

Ok, so I"ve been dating this girl. Sent her like 3-4 messages on okcupid and we agreed to meet. First "date" is super casual and over after an hour (I had to leave legitimately), so doesn"t really count, but it did let me meet her.

2nd "date" we went to the drive in. I "HATE" movie dates before you"ve started kissing, and didn"t really want to do it, but that"s just kind of the way it went. Whatever, we had some good conversation before and after the movie, but nothing more than hugging.

3rd "date" I took her to the park/beach with my dog (tuesday). Kissed probably 4-5 times there, thought it went pretty good chemistry. Ended up going for dinner afterward, we kissed a few more times, and she actually asked "me" out on a date for Saturday.

She called Friday and said she got the day wrong about the thing she wanted to do "late night bowling", and asked if I wanted to do something else on Saturday. I told her I had been invited to a party after work on Saturday night and asked if she"d like to come along. She agreed, and then when I talked to her Saturday afternoon agreed to meet me at my house and then we"d carpool to the party. Since my house is basically halfway between her house and where the party was.

30 minutes before I got off work she "texted" to say she wasn"t feeling well and couldn"t make it. Thought I played it off pretty well, and told her to call me when she feels better, but inside I was pretty devastated, I hate flaky people. I almost decided not to go to the party at all, but glad I went, even though I was bummed.

Not sure where to go from here, but basically I screwed up by putting the ball in her court (telling her to call)... and I hate not being the one in control. Now, if I call or text her at all before she does, it"d make me look super weak and crawling back to her even after she flakes out on me.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
She was probably really uncomfortable going to a party of a bunch of people you know and she doesn"t. That"s a lot a lot a lot of pressure. She probably just agreed to it because she wanted to hang out with you and doesn"t really care what the activity is, then all day Saturday was thinking about how the party will go down, and realizing it"s way to early to be doing something like that.

Yea you shoulda told her you"d contact her instead of the other way around. She probably feels a little sour about bailing on you, but also blames you, since the party was your plan, and that"s what chicks do.

I"d say wait till Monday or so and call her anyway. If you wanna take back the ball with games, ask her if she"s feeling better, then ask, "were you really sick? Honestly I just thought you canceled because you were uncomfortable going to the party. You know you could just say so and we"d do something else." Even if she really was sick, suddenly she has to qualify herself to you and convince you she really was sick, because you think she is some shy insecure little girl.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Antarius said:
Yea, I"ve had girls pull out a phone to show me a picture or something before... Never once had a girl actually talk to someone or text someone while on a date, if it was on a first date, I think I"d just pay the bill and walk out on her right then and there.

Ok, so I"ve been dating this girl. Sent her like 3-4 messages on okcupid and we agreed to meet. First "date" is super casual and over after an hour (I had to leave legitimately), so doesn"t really count, but it did let me meet her.

2nd "date" we went to the drive in. I "HATE" movie dates before you"ve started kissing, and didn"t really want to do it, but that"s just kind of the way it went. Whatever, we had some good conversation before and after the movie, but nothing more than hugging.

3rd "date" I took her to the park/beach with my dog (tuesday). Kissed probably 4-5 times there, thought it went pretty good chemistry. Ended up going for dinner afterward, we kissed a few more times, and she actually asked "me" out on a date for Saturday.

She called Friday and said she got the day wrong about the thing she wanted to do "late night bowling", and asked if I wanted to do something else on Saturday. I told her I had been invited to a party after work on Saturday night and asked if she"d like to come along. She agreed, and then when I talked to her Saturday afternoon agreed to meet me at my house and then we"d carpool to the party. Since my house is basically halfway between her house and where the party was.

30 minutes before I got off work she "texted" to say she wasn"t feeling well and couldn"t make it. Thought I played it off pretty well, and told her to call me when she feels better, but inside I was pretty devastated, I hate flaky people. I almost decided not to go to the party at all, but glad I went, even though I was bummed.

Not sure where to go from here, but basically I screwed up by putting the ball in her court (telling her to call)... and I hate not being the one in control. Now, if I call or text her at all before she does, it"d make me look super weak and crawling back to her even after she flakes out on me.
Don"t play stupid ass games. If you want to see her again, be a man and communicate that with her. If she is worth the effort, she wont be the kind where her decision of seeing you again is based off of you seeming weak for communicating first.

Simple answer, contact her once more basically saying "Hey if you are feeling better do you want to go {insert date activity} {insert day}". If she responds, she wants to see you again, if she doesn"t, she has already decided she doesn"t want to see you again. Either way, you move on with life. Stop trying to make shit complicated.

Awlbiste_sl

shitlord
Antarius said:
Agree with Dabamf as far as she probably bailed due to the pressure of going to some party with people you know and she doesn"t. It"s only the fourth date, that"s pretty early. Yeah, she flaked out on you, but in her mind she probably thought telling you she was sick would be the easiest way to get out of it.

Don"t play more games though. Call her and ask her how she"s feeling, tell her you hope she"s feeling better. You"re hardly "crawling back" to her, get over it. If you like this chick then ask her out on another date just the two of you. If you don"t like her suddenly because you think she"s "flaky" then don"t call her back. Pretty simple.

Rune_foh

shitlord
Dis said:
Don"t play stupid ass games. If you want to see her again, be a man and communicate that with her.If she is worth the effort,she wont be the kind where her decision of seeing you again is based off of you seeming weak for communicating first.

Simple answer, contact her once more basically saying "Hey if you are feeling better do you want to go {insert date activity} {insert day}". If she responds, she wants to see you again, if she doesn"t, she has already decided she doesn"t want to see you again. Either way, you move on with life. Stop trying to make shit complicated.
I agree with this philosophy but most guys don"t have the balls to widescale rule out huge swathes of the female population right off the bat.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Antarius said:

She obviously met someone else, time to move on. 4th date cancellation is a clear dealbreaker.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Whyme said:
Had a date last night and I need to vent. How the fuck do you go 2 hours without asking the other person a. single. question. How is this even possible? I swear if I hadn"t told her my name when we met she wouldn"t have asked for i!

And I swear to god if another date pulls out their phone in the middle of a conversation to show me pictures of their cat, godson, whatever the fuck, I"m going to flip out. Put your phone down and talk to me dammit.

All PoF has gotten me are vapid, boring bitches...
She could be a nervous talker. I often times have to check myself on first dates to make sure I don"t dominate the conversation because I just keep talking if I"m somewhat nervous or don"t know the person. I also don"t see the issue taking out her phone to show you a picture of her cat. As long as she isn"t texting or talking it isn"t a big deal. Stop yelling at clouds.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the advice fohss, I agreed with dabamf, but followed Dis"s advice. Didn"t try to push the "were you really sick" because when I asked her if she was feeling any better she said she was still pretty sick, so it"s possible she was simply telling the truth and not just trying to get out of going to the party. Either way, made plans to go out to dinner tomorrow.