Girls who broke your heart thread

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Get them on facebook or ask for more pictures when you chat with them. I preferred the latter option because I don"t want some stupid internet dating whore to have my info and access to my friends and photos until I"ve met them and seen how crazy they aren"t.

W

Wrathcaster

General rule of thumb: high contrast, weird angles, extremely light or dark pics, only 1 vague pic = they look nothing like they do in their pictures and are fat.

Aamina_foh

shitlord
Once you have a good conversation rolling with someone, it isn"t unusual to ask for more pictures. Just always offer a few more of yourself as well. Other people are equally wary.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Grumpus said:
I have a somewhat creepy question to ask.

So people obviously cherry pick the best pictures they have of themselves for dating sites. Any way other then tiny eye or knowing there name to check out if they are just using angles/photoshop to cover up the ugly?
I use some CSI software that zooms in on the picture, enhances and rotates the angle

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
So. It"s been about 5 months since my wife left me.
I"ve got zero interest in even trying to get her back. And I"ve still got approximately zero interest in other girls.

This is a new experience, and it"s slightly worrying.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Daelos said:
I"ve got zero interest in even trying to get her back. And I"ve still got approximately zero interest in other girls.

I can"t imagine this not being normal.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Daelos said:

You"ll get over it. A good thing to do is to join a dating site and just browse every once in a while. Don"t message anyone, don"t respond to messages. Just read profiles. It allows you to realize at your own pace that there are lots of suitable women. When browsing just isn"t enough anymore, start replying or sending messages.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Daelos said:

Repeating the first reply, dont worry about it. I went through the same shit several times. People react differently to breakups or hell you may even have different breakup reactions to different relationships. My past breakup experiences were similar with few exceptions of banging the first chick to show interest, mostly though I was not interested in the least even if the chick was waving a big red flag that said "I WANT TO FUCK YOU".

Humans... how do they work?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Daelos said:

Perhaps give your local truck stop or rest area a try?

I kid. It"s a bit strange, you"d think it would be one or the other (crying for the wife every night, or banging strange like mad). Are you apprehensive about meeting new women? Or just completely indifferent?

W

Wrathcaster

Went on a few dates with an okcupid chick who I"d been talking to for a while. After a few weeks or so she asked my full name, presumably to facebook stalk but I figured no harm no foul so let her add me. A few hours after adding me, she texts and says she doesn"t think we can date because she doesn"t know if she can be with someone who "worships a blood god and wants to burn down the universe."

Apparently I had my facebook religion set to "Khorne" and she googled it when she read that, and now honestly believes I worship a fictional war deity invented for a tabletop wargame.

I lol"d.

Vinen

God is dead
Wrathcaster said:
Went on a few dates with an okcupid chick who I"d been talking to for a while. After a few weeks or so she asked my full name, presumably to facebook stalk but I figured no harm no foul so let her add me. A few hours after adding me, she texts and says she doesn"t think we can date because she doesn"t know if she can be with someone who "worships a blood god and wants to burn down the universe."

Apparently I had my facebook religion set to "Khorne" and she googled it when she read that, and now honestly believes I worship a fictional war deity invented for a tabletop wargame.

I lol"d.
A++

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Wrathcaster said:

I lol"d.
Should have told her "cool, cause I can"t be with someone who is so fucking stupid." I look forward to being told I am unsuitable because I worship a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Wrathcaster said:

I lol"d.
This is fantastic.

So, this past weekend, I"ve hit rebound heaven.

I post the Star Wars Burlesque video from the Video Thread here, and this really hot chick that I added to Facebook like a year or more ago comments on it. Now, I"ve never, NEVER, said 2 words to this girl. I"ve never met her in person.

The next morning, I wake up to a message from her asking me about my scars. I relate the cause, she asks for the story. I tell her it"s better to hear it in person, she suggests we meet up for a drink when I get off work.

Meet up, she offers me a joint, go out and smoke it. Get about halfway through, I"m ramming my tongue down her throat. She takes me back to her parents" house (she lives 2 hours away, is here visiting family for the holidays). We have some drunk sex (mediocre, we were pretty fucked up) and then I have her drive me back to my car.

Hardly talk to her the next day, meet up 2 days later and have lunch. She goes back home, and texts me that she"ll be back in a couple weeks for Christmas and wants a lot more.

Pics of girl.