Girls who broke your heart thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Kilivek said:
Yes, but the question iswhyif they"ll tell you the very opposite, which then further begs the issue of such a society that patterns into girls they should want something different, love at first sight, et al.
I think the idea of girls wanting unrealistic love is a fabricated reality made by butthurt basement dwellers. I have never encountered a girl who wanted a full on romcom experience. She may think in her head "That sounds neat" but if you"d perform it in real life it would come off as super, super creepy and push them away.

It all comes down to the fact that males actually know what girls want better than the girls themselves. Which really isn"t too unexpected since guys have a ton more experience dating hormonal girls than girls do. Most females don"t even know when they act illogically and emotional, at least in the moment it is happening. So they don"t really understand what it takes to successfully date one of them.

Kilivek_foh

shitlord
Eomer: No, that"s exactly right. Perhaps I was misunderstood or didn"t explain clearly. Society patterns into girls to consciously think they want a white knight, a nice guy... so much so they may actually believe this themselves. This is a great example of a behavior or thought that is socially patterned.

And therein lies the cognitive dissonance that they themselves aren"t even aware of. When you think about these things and the full extent of them, you really get into all kinds of interesting things about how and why people think the way they do.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Kilivek said:
It wasn"t basement dwellers. Basement dwellers can"t be responsible for thought patterning at that mass societal level.
And I"m asserting you"re completely wrong

Kilivek_foh

shitlord
That thought was patterned into us long before basements, dwellers or people that dwelt in them.

That"s my point about the euphemisms we use to shield ourselves from the real reality. It makes people feel better that they want the nice, pure guy, not the asshole. The question of why or how they got to where they felt they were "supposed" to want the nice, pure guy is where shit gets interesting.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
what the fuck is this guy rambling about

oh great, now Jerle is going to lecture us on what "women" really want.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
How did I know that Jerle was going to get summoned up into this motherfucker...

Can"t wait for it"s insight.

JerleMinara_foh

shitlord
Ser Kegkilla said:
what the fuck is this guy rambling about

oh great, now Jerle is going to lecture us on what "women" really want.
No such dice, cupcake.

But Kilivek"s "gotta be non-chalant, stuck up, removed" bullshit is entertaining as shit.

I wonder if he"s ever considered just behaving like a normal human being and interacting a woman as a trustworthy peer instead of something to be conquered? ;P

Erronius said:
How did I know that Jerle was going to get summoned up into this motherfucker...

Can"t wait for it"s insight.
What can I say.. Back by popular demand?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Kilivek said:
Eomer: No, that"s exactly right. Perhaps I was misunderstood or didn"t explain clearly. Society patterns into girls to consciously think they want a white knight, a nice guy... so much so they may actually believe this themselves. This is a great example of a behavior or thought that is socially patterned.

And therein lies the cognitive dissonance that they themselves aren"t even aware of. When you think about these things and the full extent of them, you really get into all kinds of interesting things about how and why people think the way they do.
Ah I see, and I think it was as much me misreading what you said as anything.

I don"t think it"s unique to relationships at all though. In so many different facets humans in general think they are rational actors, when the reality is that our irrational sub-conscious leads us around by the nose without us knowing.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tenks said:
You don"t white knight girls because they find it fucking creepy. Giving someone the world when they haven"t earned it makes people suspicious. I"ve had this talk with my girlfriend many times about common pitfalls the "nice guy" falls in and that is always one of them. Not to mention a girl wants to date a guy. Guys should have an air of confidence, not arrogance and an aloof sense of self worth without being dependent upon a partner. You can"t blame girls for not wanting to date the "nice guy" which is an internet misnomer for a pussy.
Theres a difference between being a nice guy and just being a pussy.
I don"t think it"s unique to relationships at all though. In so many different facets humans in general think they are rational actors, when the reality is that our irrational sub-conscious leads us around by the nose without us knowing.
I think the bigger part of the equation is that most people are god damn idiots, and make horrible,horriblechoices in relationships (looking at you camerous) that kills them then they wonder wtf happened.

Awlbiste_sl

shitlord
This can"t possibly be the case (I hope) but this thread comes across as a bunch of dudes pseudo-philosophizing about dating instead of actually going out and dating.

Goddamn.

Kilivek_foh

shitlord
I like to sorta mushroom cloud it out into the sociopsychology of human behavior and how society affects it every now and then.

Don"t you wanna know why stupid bitches be stupid?

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Ravvenn said:
Let me tell you about Cam. I give Cam advice all of the time and as soon as he snags a new bitch, and I can assure you, at least two are bitches (one is an outright cunt), he stops texting me.

His brain or even a stunt-brain (muah) shuts-the-fuck-down.

You KNOW that wouldn"t have even happened had you consulted with my bitter self.

Dummy
Damn it... you"ve been busy and I didn"t want to add to it. Forgive me? Hey at least I got rid of her... but now her shrink wants to talk to me and is calling me tonight at 8? <-- is still confused.

If you would just move out here and take me in hand all our problems would be solved. *nods sagely*