Glass (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Haven't seen Unbreakable in years but recall being surprised halfway through when you realize it's a superhero movie.

Split was good. The creepiness, buildup and premise worked well enough. In the last few minutes when you hear that music and start recognizing where it comes from. That was neatly unexpected.

M Night's only good movies prior to Split were Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. Only ever watched Signs, parts of Yard Monster Pool Lady some shit or other and The Village besides the aforementioned. Not a fan of his but will watch this one.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
signs, on paper, was pretty bland and while it had some good moments, the ending was so unrealistic that it ruins the whole thing.

the thing is, signs isn't about aliens invading, it's about God, faith, and demons. the aliens being allergic to water was about demons being allergic to purity. it's a much more interesting story looking at it from that angle, and it makes the story a lot more consistent... but the movie itself doesn't establish that premise enough so it still fails.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Scene in Signs where the alien hand opens that basement door still makes me shit my pants every time.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The scene where they are watching the Brazilian birthday party video and the alien strides between two bushes in the background got me. Very spooky film, had a lot of good scenes like that.

• 1Like

Szlia

As far as pure film making goes, there are several scenes in Signs that are etched into my memory. There is one when they hold together and climb on a car to try and get some signal from a radio or something that is a stunning moment of pure cinema (it's all about space, the bodies of the actors, the framing and the editing) and one where Gibson's character rushes home and within a single shot, you have some of his family watching TV on a couch in the foreground (facing the spectators), some doing the dishes in the background (facing away from the spectators), and Gibson's character, out of breath, is in the middle, and slowly the family members realize something is wrong and turn toward him. So great. And that's like two of a dozen brilliant scenes (the basement, the door, the home video, etc). Sadly the film story is "God works in mysterious ways"... yay...

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
There is so much I like about Signs I still enjoy it a lot despite the unfortunate "water kills aliens" aspect. I just pretend there's something else in the water that is actually hurting them.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bricktop

Trakanon Raider
In Signs, don't they try to board up a door by nailing 3 boards into the door frame and the door opened away from the boards so the aliens can just open the door then walk under the boards. Movie sucked. So many inconsistent moments.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah that was a huge logic problem. The Aliens being hurt by water.

"Lets be an aggressive and warlike species and travel the universe, landing places and picking fights with who-ever we find . . . oh yeah by the way, we're highly vulnerable to one of the simplest and common substances in universe." Good luck!

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
If he had to remake it you could probably convince him to change water back to disease. Update it to something specific if you want to obscure the reference. "Vitamin E fucks with their metabolic process".

Vitamin E is basically everywhere in terrestial life. There -can- be trace airborne amounts, and in a sci-fi setting you could assert that it's particular to life on this planet.

It would still be kinda lame, it would still be "all it would take is some sort of protective suit... any kind of protective suit..." but it would be better than water.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not surprised. The first film was very subtle, the trailers for this looked like it went all in on the superhero stuff and was less about mystery.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I ended up seeing Unbreakable as part of some big family thing and everyone thought it was terrible except me. If you guys saying it's alright that'll be enough for me to go buy a ticket.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is so much I like about Signs I still enjoy it a lot despite the unfortunate "water kills aliens" aspect. I just pretend there's something else in the water that is actually hurting them.

There is a reason we put fluoride into our water system and it aint cavities!

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Sad to hear

these are critic reviews, they mean shit

same guy that gave glass a 30, gave AIW, a 60

you can ignore all bitch reviews, cuz womyn don't know shit about a movie, and half the reviews they talk about about mknight and the "sequel" aspect (some guy gave this 40 and AIW 70)

another fag gave this 40 and AIW a 40

i mean these are the retards that get to review early, wait until real ppl review this movie