Gloomhaven

Cutlery

<Bronze Donator>
74d 22h 5m
Looks cool, we’ve barely got into Gloomhaven so I’m not in, maybe in retail if we ever finish GH. I thought it had a chance to beat Kingdom Deaths record but it doesn’t look like it will, still a damn good run for how low the entry point is and not really many addons like KDM.

It does. Only a million to go, and he offered some pretty sweet shit yesterday to get him over the hump.

Envelope X materials is one of the biggest gripes with the game and being able to get them is pretty big. Made him another 1.4 million in less than a day.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It does. Only a million to go, and he offered some pretty sweet shit yesterday to get him over the hump.

Envelope X materials is one of the biggest gripes with the game and being able to get them is pretty big. Made him another 1.4 million in less than a day.

Nice. I knew if he had some good add-ons he would break it he just didn’t until that one sounds like. The people who are in now are going to buy whatever the hell he offers up, just like KDM. If he releases anything else this morning KDMs record is toast.

I think KDM is closer to $30 million now because the pledge manager is staying open as the different waves get closer to release. I could see GH fan base having that same level of interest/buy-in, there just isn’t enough stuff to purchase to go that high.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Frosthaven a couple hundred k away from beating KDM record with 4 hours left. Kingdom Death posted an update about it on their own Kickstarter encouraging them, and backed it themselves, even though Adam doesn’t really like it. Pretty cool.

82139935-FF2E-4ADF-A502-13AE63C0A69D.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: Seananigans

Maul

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm in it just for the printed solo scenarios (for both), coins and envelope x content. I'll pickup frosthaven at release as with Taxes and shipping it will cost more via kickstarter.

Maul

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Frosthaven a couple hundred k away from beating KDM record with 4 hours left. Kingdom Death posted an update about it on their own Kickstarter encouraging them, and backed it themselves, even though Adam doesn’t really like it. Pretty cool.

View attachment 266706
What puts me off KDM is the price, its obscene. I thought the original kickstarter was quite cheap and they just rinsed their success and now overcharge for everything by a huge amount?

Shame as it looks cool.

Mizake

Lord Nagafen Raider
51d 8h 42m
I want to be in, but I'm still trying to finish up my GH with my group. We are probably 10-12 scenarios from finishing. We play once a week at best, 1-2 scenarios at a time, so it will be a few months until we finish. Then we still have Forgotten Circles to go through, and then maybe Jaws of the Lion. I did pledge $1 so I have time to decide later.

Frosthaven looks ridiculously good, and if you haven't gotten anything from them in the past, the GH/Frosthaven bundle is an extremely good deal, basically throwing in GH for like $50. Be sure to watch for shipping costs though, they are pricey.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What puts me off KDM is the price, its obscene. I thought the original kickstarter was quite cheap and they just rinsed their success and now overcharge for everything by a huge amount?

Shame as it looks cool.

I do not disagree with you. It’s a boutique model, small runs with high prices. Like any boutique model, it isn’t for everyone and has a smaller base. I only do the stuff with gameplay because it has a lot of hours involved with the assembly, painting, playing, but still agree it’s overly expensive. The non gameplay stuff people gobble up blows my mind.

bolok

Bronze Knight of the Realm
28d 10h 11m
Interesting, has the Frosthaven classes too. Might see if I can find one

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
92d 15h 31m
I'm absolutely buying this and then giving it away hoping to get a buddy and his kids addicted

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting, has the Frosthaven classes too. Might see if I can find one

I think it’s only 8 of the Gloomhaven classes. It’s a stripped down version of the first, less classes, less maps, etc. I mean it’s probably still a good game and easier to introduce people to.

Arrion

Trakanon Raider
33d 12h 37m
It's 4 unique classes, all of them new and not in the original Gloomhaven or Frosthaven. The first 3 scenarios (and scenario 4-5 sort of) are an extended tutorial/learn to play, so it's much more accessible and easier to start than the original. It's definitely a much better starting point.

• 1Like
Reactions: Hateyou