Gloomhaven

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
why are you ruining my dream? :(

Oh trust me, it's my dream to play this with buddies who are too far away to get to the table, and save the game without eating on the couch for the week too.

But this will not happen next Wednesday. And may not happen at all, because we all know how early access goes.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oh trust me, it's my dream to play this with buddies who are too far away to get to the table, and save the game without eating on the couch for the week too.

But this will not happen next Wednesday. And may not happen at all, because we all know how early access goes.

I bet this one will have enough support to keep going. Just not sure they’ll complete it by when they plan to.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This came out on early access today. Info about it with a roadmap below.

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
I snapped it up and so far I'm pretty impressed.
Very playable in its current form (though I've only done one encounter)
Interface seems really good to cover all the actions you can do, though there's room for improvement.
Probably a tad expensive for an early access but I'm sure I'll get my money's worth

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I read that this will be the lowest price for it and then when it hits full release it will be more expensive. I like it because I can knock out an encounter every few days and not worry about it.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The computer version is pretty brutal if you lose a mission... Beware of this! I lost a shitton of exp, lost levels and most of my gear.

• 1WTF

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Saw this in the Broken Token booth. Nerds.

DEE72312-F7DB-452C-BADE-F42B20E185E0.jpeg

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
"Frosthaven is coming!

I know, I know, we just announced
Jaws of the Lion, and now there's this, too! So much new Gloomhaven! Or, err, I mean Frosthaven.

While Jaws of the Lion is geared towards bringing in new players to the Gloomhaven world, Frosthaven is my chance to tell another epic story on the scale of the original game, with the same complexity and grandeur. This is Gloomhaven 2.0, with 16 new characters, over 25 new enemies, over 100 new items, somewhere around 100 new scenarios, and so much more.

So why Frosthaven? Well, that is the name of a small outpost far to the north of the capital city of White Oak. There, a group of mercenaries at the end of their rope will help bring back this settlement from the edge of destruction. Not only will they have to deal with the harsh elements, but there are other, far more dangerous threats out in the unforgiving cold as well.

There are Algox, the bigger, more yeti-like cousins of the Inox, attacking from the mountains, Lurkers flooding in from the northern sea, and there are even rumors of machines that wander the frozen wastes of their own free will. The party of mercenaries must face all of these perils, and perhaps in doing so, make peace with these new races so they can work together against even more sinister forces.

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I bought this for 99 bucks on Amazon yesterday. Really looking forward to getting into it with my brothers. Any must-read/watch videos before I start digging in?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I bought this for 99 bucks on Amazon yesterday. Really looking forward to getting into it with my brothers. Any must-read/watch videos before I start digging in?

I suggest the newest Mad Max movie. It’s great.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Did you buy an organizer for it? We watched the video for the organizer the first 2-3 sessions and it made breaking it down and putting it away super easy.

italica

Trakanon Raider

I don't know about videos but I've a post back on page 5 that might be useful. The most important resource is gonna be the boardgamegeek forums for the game. There's an official FAQ and the game creator is active.

The rulebook is very literal and not always intuitive. Make no assumptions. Expect to suffer the first couple scenarios until you have a handle on how the mechanics are supposed to work vs. how you think they work if a rule doesn't seem to make sense at first.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Did you buy an organizer for it? We watched the video for the organizer the first 2-3 sessions and it made breaking it down and putting it away super easy.
No. Link to organizer?

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
No. Link to organizer?

Use this, don't buy a $90 organizer.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Use this, don't buy a $90 organizer.

Word. I ordered some of those cases from Amazon.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Word. I ordered some of those cases from Amazon.

Expect a 2 hour set up time to punch out the cardboard pieces, learn what they are and sort them all.

After you get everything sorted out, setup time for the game is pretty minimal. Maybe 15 minutes per mission.

Game is amazing, watch a few let's plays or something. The rulebook is HEAVY.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I likewise used the Plano boxes, picked em up from REI dirt cheap and they work very well

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Doubt I'll ever have the time to try it out, but damn, this looks very very neat.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
My game group has been playing this once a week for about a year and it doesn't really get stale. Every time someone unlocks a new charater the feeling of the game changes quite abit as you have to change the way you play to meld with the new person. I can't recommend this highly enough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users