GLOW

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 3 Votes
Title: GLOW

Genre: Comedy, Drama

First aired: 2017-06-23

Creator: Liz Flahive, Carly Mensch

Cast: Alison Brie, Betty Gilpin, Marc Maron, Britt Baron, Kimmy Gatewood, Rebekka Johnson, Kia Stevens, Jackie Tohn, Rich Sommer, Kate Nash, Ellen Wong, Sunita Mani, Sydelle Noel, Gayle Rankin, Britney Young

Overview: In 1980s LA, a crew of misfits reinvent themselves as the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Does anybody on this forum remember GLOW?

Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling....iirc they were very generous with the use of the word "Gorgeous."

I have asked a bunch of my friends id they remember GLOW and they look at me like I am crazy. When I was a kid there weren't many options and if the WWF wasn't on well GLOW was what I had to settle for. Anyway, it is a new Netflix series and it has Alison Brie so that is a plus. My guess is that the show about GLOW will be way better than GLOW ever was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
lJKM7gl7r88M1bOR2z3ymXNaGcs.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]GLOW[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-06-23[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]In 1980s LA, a crew of misfits reinvent themselves as the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Does anybody on this forum remember GLOW?

Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling....iirc they were very generous with the use of the word "Gorgeous."

I have asked a bunch of my friends id they remember GLOW and they look at me like I am crazy.

I sure do! I honestly don't remember any specific wrestlers out of the bunch, but I do remember it.

• 2Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I sure do! I honestly don't remember any specific wrestlers out of the bunch, but I do remember it.
I think there was a huge fat lady named Attila The Hun, which always confused me because the real Attila was a man. Or maybe I am totally wrong, shit it was 30+ years ago.

EDIT: Oh shit it was Matilda the Hun, thanks Jimbolini Jimbolini for that video.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Hey Alison Brie shows her tits in the first 6 minutes, this is already WAY better than the original.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Hell yes I remember GLOW. Palestina had glorious pendulous boobs and Sally the Farmer's Daughter's ass was no slouch either.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Too bad she lost a lot of weight to get 'fit' for this role and they shrank a shit ton. Would've been nicer to see them at their prime, but better late then never.

iannis

Musty Nester
I kinda feel like allison's boobs is the draw.

They must have paid real money for that you know. Allison's no dummy. She knows dem titties come with a pricetag.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh shit, this is back? i watched every episode on saturdays and then weekdays, i think it came on after Jem and the Holograms. there was Matilda the Hun, Hollywood and Vine were my favorites. Palestina did have glorious tittays. Matilda's nemesis was some fat polynesian chick cant remember her name. Mt Fiji?
tumblr_oldk3wf1VR1sdplzoo1_1280.jpg

christ, after looking at those pics, i am being hit with a huge wave of 80s nostalgia, all those hairstyles made me think of the chicks in high school. shit i havent thought of in almost 30 years.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So I finished this last night. I actually liked it. Very nostalgic with a great soundtrack.

iannis

Musty Nester
Brie really did lose some weight.

It's surprisingly not terrible. When they market it as "from the creators of Orange is the New Black"... well, I have some apprehensions.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It isn't bad at all. Marc Maron is great. Only half way through but will finish it out.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Godiva and Hollywood were my favorites as a kid.

This show was good. Mark Maron was great, Brie was good, the dude from Mad Men continues to be a scumbag in everything.

Plus it was nice to see Joey Ryan as Mr. Monopoly.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
After quickly looking at the 6 minute mark for Annie's Boobs, it dawned on me that she always must have used a pushup bra. This appears very similar to the GLOW version.

AnnieDoesRobot.jpg

TV show information provided by The Movie Database