Gnomoria - Like Dwarf Fortress

Caliane

1st day of spring year 5, the lyrical kingdom has fallen...

I have no idea what happened.
An "airlock" allowed controlled entry into the keep..
one of the outer walls vanished. bypassing the airlock entirely.

a flood of 3 steel goblins 4 iron, and 3 2 headed ogres charged in.
had 3 squads of 50% steel, but it wasnt enough.

they started dropping, zombies rising..

Population 4 gnomads. trapped in the airlock. alone.

The only solace, the hole was sealed. the goblin horde will never be able to leave. they will die in the fortress along with their victims.

And... mants 21 mants have come to ensure the gnomads dont starve to death.

Caliane

New kingdom. The ageless dance.
Cranked the hills way up. this one ought to be interesting. even has some floating sky islands.
rrr_img_19407.jpg

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Just picked this game up.

I've only played for about 3 hours so far, but its tons of fun so far with a lot to learn. I saw the walling in strat/guide, but thats pretty lame IMO. Anybody else still playing this?

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I still do from time to time but really when you start playing a game like MC it just really looses a lot of the appeal it has because you can do the same things in a better looking environment with more things to do. The when you move from vanilla MC to the modded versions like Ftb and Tekkit it gets even more intricate and it just becomes a totally new game all over again.

Caliane

Been busy with some other things, the last few weeks. but I still keep an eye on it.

Weekly updates still. Last couple weeks have been more bug fixes, and touchups, rather then major revisions or additions. Although, if you haven't played in longer then that. very likely more major changes for you.
resizing UI panels, exporting custom jobs, major armor assignment changes of recent.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
http://forums.gnomoria.com/index.php?topic=4301.0

This patch let's you change the order in which types of jobs are performed. For example, previously gnomes would always perform jobs created directly by the player before say from a workshop. Now, per profession, you can set the order of those job types. Individual jobs of the same type are still prioritized as they were before, whether by distance to the job or the priority setting of the workshop, farm, grove, pasture or stockpile. Jobs that are directly created have been split up into 4 groups:

Mining - mine wall, dig stairs, etc
Agriculture - Fell tree, forage, etc
Build - Build workshop, furniture, etc
Mechanic - Reset trap, flip lever, etc

As an example, you could create 2 professions with Woodcutting and Carpentry enabled. One profression has Agriculture first and the other has Workshop as the highest priority. Gnomes in the first profession would act as before and fell trees before cutting planks while the other profession would do the opposite. Splitting up your workforce this way will allow you to work on both tasks simultaneously and let some gnomes act as "backup" and work on another task if their main one is finished.
Great improvement on job priorities I think.

Caliane

new patch is nice.

Hes overhauling food atm.
Did feeding livestock, adjusted food growth etc.

This one is underground farms, cheese, tea, omeletes.