God of War (2018)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Beat the mists, beat the fire ladder and one upgrade from level 9 almost maxed out defense and the valk queen is kicking my ass, this is going to take some doing....
It's nice that we had to mostly master the moves with the first encounters, but when they're all put together, it's pretty rough. I'm doing this on Give me God of War and trying to decide if it would take less time to beat this on this difficulty or start a fresh game on easy...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fuck those travelers. I get their move set down and then they spring a new one on me or the same move with a delayed strike.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok so only thing left for me to do now is collection bits.
The axe pommel you get from valk queen is hilarious, zero drop off with R1 axe attacks, it just goes into oblivion or until it hits something.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit this game. Just finished. Just. Wow. This could very well be the best game I have ever played in the history of gaming. Hands down so epic. And I do t want to quit either. I want to platinum this and make this my first ever plat game.

I just finished the main story. Pretty cool. Now time to finish off the valkyries and do the mispelheim and nifleheim. I

I am a bit sad we didn't get a proper intro to Odin and Thor or some others in the Norse Pantheon. Although the Thor teaser was really cool. But I get that they have to save that for later games. So, other than the Boy.... are all the Giants dead? I don't get why they would go through all the trouble of hiding it to that extent if the Giants just died off in their own realm anyway. I don't get that at all.

Flipping the temple has got to be the most over the top thing that I have ever seen in any of the God of War games. I straight luled hard rofl.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just finished the main story. Pretty cool. Now time to finish off the valkyries and do the mispelheim and nifleheim. I

I am a bit sad we didn't get a proper intro to Odin and Thor or some others in the Norse Pantheon. Although the Thor teaser was really cool. But I get that they have to save that for later games. So, other than the Boy.... are all the Giants dead? I don't get why they would go through all the trouble of hiding it to that extent if the Giants just died off in their own realm anyway. I don't get that at all.

Flipping the temple has got to be the most over the top thing that I have ever seen in any of the God of War games. I straight luled hard rofl.
I love it when Mimir says “can we agree to stop saying that? It’s starting to sound normal.”

The banter in this game is so perfect. I especially love Brok. “Well would you look at that? I’ve got one right here and it’s got your fuckin name on it. Strange.”

I read that at one point in development they were going to remove Boy completely. I’m not saying that that game wouldn’t have worked, but the result would’ve been very different (and probably very worse).

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

So if you know a bit about Norse Myth, at this stage the Giants are actually "gone"(they are not dead, just gone from all 9 realms), Faye's closest character from the Norse myth is Laufey
Who is actually the mother of Loki as well
They did make a few changes too her character
Her being the "messenger" for the other giants, Sindri stating that she was a "strong" warrior, but her ability too see into the future is correct

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just finished. Great game, only have one gripe about the ending.

I wish the final encounter was with Thor where he eventually runs off to cliffhang the sequel. Fighting Baldur again was kind of underwhelming, even if the setting was cool due to Freya. 100% did not see BOY being who he ended up being, that was cool. Also very curious of the vision of Kratos' death.

Time to start end game grinding.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
So if you know a bit about Norse Myth, at this stage the Giants are actually "gone"(they are not dead, just gone from all 9 realms), Faye's closest character from the Norse myth is Laufey
Who is actually the mother of Loki as well
They did make a few changes too her character
Her being the "messenger" for the other giants, Sindri stating that she was a "strong" warrior, but her ability too see into the future is correct

They actually mention that in post game bantz.

Just got plat today, it's pretty easy to plat honestly which is a nice change.

No needless "grind 20k mobs" trophies or anything. Game was real good, the Leviathan axe feels amazing

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I've been out of town sense mon, haven't done any of the post game stuff yet(reason why i blew thru the story(thursday/friday/saturday))

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well, finally got to a spot not sure I’m going to get past on God if War difficultly. After the bridge with the troll guy and the 5 or 6 zombie dudes. No idea wtf to even do.

Also infuriating are the number of startup frames for specials, lack of any invulnerability frames, and recovery animations that are locked. I want to use cool shit but using an ability that takes 5 seconds of startup and dying in two hits just isn’t working out. So I end up axe kiting shit. Also those days of EQ kiting specters finally paying off.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I am stuck on Muspelheim trial 5 and I am scared of doing long runs in Niflheim. Think I'll start to focus on Valks for a while.

Also infuriating are the number of startup frames for specials, lack of any invulnerability frames, and recovery animations that are locked. I want to use cool shit but using an ability that takes 5 seconds of startup and dying in two hits just isn’t working out.
There are eventually talismans and other abilities that will help with these things. Also, if you pay attention to your skill tree, lots of attacks gain secondary perks after you reach a certain stat threshold, many of them giving you i-frames during attacks.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Well, finally got to a spot not sure I’m going to get past on God if War difficultly. After the bridge with the troll guy and the 5 or 6 zombie dudes. No idea wtf to even do.

Also infuriating are the number of startup frames for specials, lack of any invulnerability frames, and recovery animations that are locked. I want to use cool shit but using an ability that takes 5 seconds of startup and dying in two hits just isn’t working out. So I end up axe kiting shit. Also those days of EQ kiting specters finally paying off.
That was my first stumbling block as well. Make sure BOY is drawing agro from as many opponents as he can so you can solo as frequently as possible. My recommendation is to use Boy's arrows to kill the projectile throwers (or if you're fast at aiming, throw your axe at them - they only take a couple hits).

My go-to tactic was knocking dudes off the ledge in that arena. I used this tactic every time there was a ledge available for the rest of the game, by the way. It's a one hit kill for all weak enemies. The bigger opponents can't be thrown back easily - but during Spartan Rage I think everything gets knocked back with R2.

Once you get access to more skills and better equipment, Give me God of War is very approachable and rewardingly challenging. It's extremely front loaded on difficulty, but I can't imagine playing it on an easier setting later in the game. I was one shotting almost every encounter for the last half of the game.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I get so angry when I do something stupid in the game and die on an optional (difficult) boss when they're at 1% life. Fucking valkyries and travelers. Lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Wow.

Just got the blades back, what a great story device. I knew they were in game from seeing a stream thumbnail but didn’t know how you got them back. Felt really good to wreck the ice guys afterward.

• 1Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Wow.

Just got the blades back, what a great story device. I knew they were in game from seeing a stream thumbnail but didn’t know how you got them back. Felt really good to wreck the ice guys afterward.
I got choked up during the events that led to that. There were so many relatable moments in this game - through both Kratos and Atreus.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Holy shit this game. Just finished. Just. Wow. This could very well be the best game I have ever played in the history of gaming. Hands down so epic. And I do t want to quit either. I want to platinum this and make this my first ever plat game.
That's quite the backing from you. Looks like tomorrow I go HAM.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wow.

Yup, that is what I meant when I posted a while back about "that moment" so fucking good.