God of War (2018)

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Impressive! Well deserved.
God of War Sells Over 3.1 Million Units in 3 Days, Becomes Fastest-Selling PS4 Exclusive

Everytime I feel like the games going to end, it keeps going. I love it. I keep seeing all the spoilers in the thread and I'm dying to click on them but I don't want to ruin it. That being said, should I finish everything before finishing the story or it doesn't really matter?
Doesn't matter. I tend to do every sidequest I can prior to beating the story in a game if I can. Think I killed all the valkyries except Sigrun thinking maybe there'd be some sweet loot at the end of the main story that'd make it easier. There isn't really, so just do it in whatever order you want.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The final weapon upgrades are only available after the end of the main story I think? That certainly helped me with Sigrun, though I wouldn't say they were essential.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think, beating the story unlocks the final "upgrade" trades with Brok & Sindri
The final upgrade resources are trade only, from finishing Nifel & Muspel.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Fantastic game. Finished all of the main side missions and some of the extra jobs except the Queen Valkyrie who is a pain in the ass. I loved how even after beating the story the lore would still be told while traveling by boat and visiting other places.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
While I really want more of this game, I hope they stick to their guns and don't release any DLC. Of course I'd immediately buy it, sight unseen, but I'd much rather have a full on sequel than a bite sized extra hour or two. Cory Barlog (the game's director) said work began on this one in 2013, but hopefully the sequel will get pumped out much more quickly. If we use the recent Tomb Raider reboot trilogy as a guide for feasibility, it looks like we might expect it out as soon as Fall 2020.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
While I really want more of this game, I hope they stick to their guns and don't release any DLC. .

No DLC? Wtf.

This is the first game I’ve ever even considered buying DLC for and they’re not fucking doing it?

My luck.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I loved God of War 1-3, but haven't pulled the trigger on getting this one yet. Is this a complete reboot of the series? As in, is there any mention of Kratos killing the Greek pantheon or is all that just never mentioned? I really don't care if its a reboot, but I do love me a little fan service.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
The devs said there will be no DLC, but they also said they have enough content for 4-5 more GoW games in the franchise.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I loved God of War 1-3, but haven't pulled the trigger on getting this one yet. Is this a complete reboot of the series? As in, is there any mention of Kratos killing the Greek pantheon or is all that just never mentioned? I really don't care if its a reboot, but I do love me a little fan service.
I'd say Kratos' past and how he lives with it/reconciles with it is the central theme of the game. So yes, there's mention of it.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd say Kratos' past and how he lives with it/reconciles with it is the central theme of the game. So yes, there's mention of it.

K cool good to know. I'll pick this up and try to finish it before TSS launches on Phinny.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

That and him trying to reconnect as not only a God, but also a Father and too show his son that they both have to be much better.
But yes this game is worth the cost 100%

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I think, beating the story unlocks the final "upgrade" trades with Brok & Sindri
The final upgrade resources are trade only, from finishing Nifel & Muspel.
The final weapon upgrades are only available after the end of the main story I think? That certainly helped me with Sigrun, though I wouldn't say they were essential.
Oh yeah forgot about those. Didn't notice til I had already beat Sigrun lol.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
No DLC? Wtf.

This is the first game I’ve ever even considered buying DLC for and they’re not fucking doing it?

My luck.

Yeah, I hope it just means they never stopped working and are getting on with GoW2 and 3 on a similar timeline to the Tomb Raider series. They said they have enough for 4 or 5 games, this story seemed to imply at least a trilogy and some of the shit you see in there and hear them talk about implies they may have even grander plans than that.

Here's to hoping they come at us somehow fast and at the same quality level of this game.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'd say 2-3 years for the next game, now that the engine and the way they film everything is done, production should be MUCH faster.

Ladro

Anomaly
Finally finished the main story. What a great and amazing game. Easily one of the best I’ve played in a long while.

Did not see the end reveal coming at all of Atreus being Loki. Thought the final Baldur fight was great and very cinematic with all of the stages. Was glad we got to see Kratos grow and become a father, especially to act like one at the end. Maybe it’s because I’m on the journey now but the story was particularly touching that way.

If this doesn’t get Game of the Year I will be surprised.

spronk

FPS noob

big game spoilers after the 3 min mark so may wanna wait to watch until you finish the game

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Wow, after watching that video, that is what Kratos means at the end of the game when it came to Baldur searching for them. Feh, may have to replay the game, lol.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I put this on the back burner until my 4k TV got here, which it did yesterday. Got damn, with HDR setup, I almost have to squint at some of the light sources. Can't wait to keep going now =D
I did the same, got the new TCL 6-series last night. Loaded up GoW and wasn't terribly impressed... then realized the in-game HDR setting was off. Turned that on and the difference is mind-blowing.

1080p still way better than 4K though. 1080p might only rarely get much above 45 fps, but that's still vastly superior to ANY drop to ~25 fps ever. Even just panning the camera around I can tell it's dropping some frames in 4K mode. For some reason I don't get the jet-engine fan noise nearly as much in performance mode either.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they started this game in 2013, but a HUGE part of that was brainstorming what they were doing. they probably spent at least a year creating the new storyline that could last up for 4-5 more games. then probably another year just brainstorming how they wanted the game to look and play. now that the overarching story and gameplay is pretty much done, they can just re-iterate what they need for the next game. i wouldn't be surprised with how well it was received if Sony told them to push out another one ASAP. i don't think it's crazy to estimate somethign in 2020.