God of War (2018)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

big game spoilers after the 3 min mark so may wanna wait to watch until you finish the game

i love clueless gamer but this one just bothered me. i'm not upset about it because they blasphemed a game i LOVE... i was upset because conan and bill hader have no room to nerd shame. conan does it and it's self-depricating, but for some reason the two of them together were just... the jokes weren't funny, they talked over the whole game, they drowned out aaron... it was just... guests for clueless gamer are just better when they CARE about the game. Even when they aren't gamers but they are honestly trying to have an open mind. this wasn't "clueless gaming" it was "let's just shit all over games"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I am curious how they will fill the Mimir role in the next games. Will they keep him around even if the story does not need him? I think that constant lore and background exposition really elevated the exploration. It would be a shame to miss out on that from other areas they might go to in the future.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'd say it's unlikely that they'll omit Mimir (or at least his function to the gameplay). What'll be more interesting is how they address resetting the power of your runes and weapons. How many times did they kill Kratos or trick him into giving up his godly powers in the original trilogy? lol

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Wow, after watching that video, that is what Kratos means at the end of the game when it came to Baldur searching for them. Feh, may have to replay the game, lol.
Rewatching Baldur's original dialogue is funny if he's assuming Kratos was a giant and not a god.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
i love clueless gamer but this one just bothered me. i'm not upset about it because they blasphemed a game i LOVE... i was upset because conan and bill hader have no room to nerd shame. conan does it and it's self-depricating, but for some reason the two of them together were just... the jokes weren't funny, they talked over the whole game, they drowned out aaron... it was just... guests for clueless gamer are just better when they CARE about the game. Even when they aren't gamers but they are honestly trying to have an open mind. this wasn't "clueless gaming" it was "let's just shit all over games"

it was shit. Conan should get rid of the celeb guests and do it with just Aaron like in the Witcher vid. Bill doesn't care about games, he was just there to promote his god awful unfunny pile of garbage tv show (I barely made it thru the 1st episode). Also Bill is getting less funny every time he shows up on tv. His nasal voice makes my ears bleed and I tolerate Fran Drescher

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
it was shit. Conan should get rid of the celeb guests and do it with just Aaron like in the Witcher vid. Bill doesn't care about games, he was just there to promote his god awful unfunny pile of garbage tv show (I barely made it thru the 1st episode). Also Bill is getting less funny every time he shows up on tv. His nasal voice makes my ears bleed and I tolerate Fran Drescher

They're supposed to be funny, not fawn over your favorite games. Nerd raging over it is pretty sad. Barry is also a solid show.

• 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Conan and clueless gamer is the epitome of shit American comedy. It's up there with the big bang theory.

• 2Salty
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

They're supposed to be funny, not fawn over your favorite games. Nerd raging over it is pretty sad. Barry is also a solid show.

as i said in my post, i LOVE clueless gamer, conan not understanding video games but being put in the driver seat for games like hitman or tomb raider were just hilarious. i don't particular have any feelings on bill hader one way or the other and it's not nerdraging about god of war being made fun of. it's that, as you said, they're supposed to be funny. and it wasn't. there wasn't really any parts that i thought were funny. it was just bill hader free style roasting aaron through the medium of God of War. conan, being the host of the show, didn't want to alienate his guest and just ran with it.

it just wasn't funny. humor is subjective, i get it. but that was objectively not funny.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Thee ff15 one with Elijah Wood was great, and so was the overwatch one. This one just seemed really rehearsed compared to the others.

j00t

Thee ff15 one with Elijah Wood was great, and so was the overwatch one. This one just seemed really rehearsed compared to the others.

Guests are usually fine, because they are INTO the game, even if it's just for that moment.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
as i said in my post, i LOVE clueless gamer, conan not understanding video games but being put in the driver seat for games like hitman or tomb raider were just hilarious. i don't particular have any feelings on bill hader one way or the other and it's not nerdraging about god of war being made fun of. it's that, as you said, they're supposed to be funny. and it wasn't. there wasn't really any parts that i thought were funny. it was just bill hader free style roasting aaron through the medium of God of War. conan, being the host of the show, didn't want to alienate his guest and just ran with it.

it just wasn't funny. humor is subjective, i get it. but that was objectively not funny.

I laughed. Confirmed funny.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This is my first god of war game. Picked it up because of the feedback on here.

Pretty fun so far.....very scripted. I'm only about an hour in, but I like the relationship so far between Kratos and "boy". First time in awhile that a child follower wasn't annoying in a game. I like this kid. ;)

j00t

they do a great job of mirroring YOUR feelings of the boy being around to kratos' feelings of the boy being around.

the game starts out and you just kind of feel obligated to take the kid. you're annoyed because you just kind of assume he's going to be useless and talk a lot. then once you start playing around, you notice, hey.. he's not too terrible... i mean he's still kind of useless but there's something there. and i can't NOT bring him so at least he's not in the way... and that relationship just continues to grow with kratos and atreus the same way it does for us. well, it did for me anyway

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Question about length:

I just left Helheim on the boat with the fires, how much story is left? This thing just keeps going and going (not in a bad way). I've been taking my time and finishing side quests but I feel like I've been playing this forever LOL!

Also: I'm guessing there will be some redemption for the boy as he became completely insufferable. I understand what they're doing but I'm hopeful that it doesn't last. Please don't spoil the last part for me, just commenting out loud.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
and that relationship just continues to grow with kratos and atreus the same way it does for us. well, it did for me anyway

Yeah especially the part where you want to slap the shit out of him for being a cunty little kid.

Question about length:

Strictly main story speaking, you are roughly 75% through.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yeah especially the part where you want to slap the shit out of him for being a cunty little kid.

He's way less of a cunty kid than kids in other games, though. The main thing I've noticed so far is that the kid's behavior is what's expected to change with guidance and experience, and the process of teaching seems to slowly change Kratos as well. Just as it should be.

Seems like the norm in games nowadays is for the kids to always be right, and the adults FINALLY start learning that fact halfway through the story.

It's just cool to see something more along the lines of "Do what you're told and shut the fuck up" without having it come from a villian. Atreus is going to be a cool character further down the like. Makes me think of Bjorn from the "Vikings" tv show.

j00t

i didn't mention that just due to minor, possible spoilers, but yes. especially that. i think it was done in a very brilliant way. when he starts getting douchy, the go to feeling should have been disdain and frustration. it's interesting because THAT section of atreus as a d-bag was basically one of the things everyone was nervous about. everytime he said "whatever." i was just... so angry. people were really pensive about this kid getting in the way of the story, but when this happened, it happened so organically that yeah, you were irritated, but you were irritated the way kratos was irritated. that someone you care about is acting like an idiot.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Question about length:

I just left Helheim on the boat with the fires, how much story is left? This thing just keeps going and going (not in a bad way). I've been taking my time and finishing side quests but I feel like I've been playing this forever LOL!

You still got about 3-5? or so hours to go. It really depends if you actually do side quests as you go along. By this point, you should be doing a lot of Muspelheim and getting the Niflheim runes.

And, IMHO, the boy in this game is fucking nuts in a good way. The damage output that he does and the summons he gets are great. Add to the fact that they actually make him completely relatable.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, boy is awesome. Pretty much did all of his skills first.