Godfall

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Watched lirik play for a bit. Seems rather uninspired and definitely quite buggy.

I havent run into any bugs so far, and comparatively to the D2 expansion its far more enjoyable. Combat is alot of fun and its quite nice visually - tempted to see what the difference in quality would be with the AMD setting you cant turn on.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've watched several streams of this so far, and two things kinda turn me off atm. First, the graphics look overdone or maybe too fancy? Second, the Valoreplates seem really generic and aside from the innate passive they don't do enough in combat to make them unique. The Archon Fury ability seems to limited to have it be something you pick a specific Valorplate for, if that makes sense. If the Valorplates added some perk to the Weapon Techniques (Northern / Southern) that would probably make them stand out more since 99% of your combat is just based on the weapons you use, rather than the Valorplate.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Its like the developer just discovered what colored lighting is. Its early 2000s all over again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I've watched several streams of this so far, and two things kinda turn me off atm. First, the graphics look overdone or maybe too fancy? Second, the Valoreplates seem really generic and aside from the innate passive they don't do enough in combat to make them unique. The Archon Fury ability seems to limited to have it be something you pick a specific Valorplate for, if that makes sense. If the Valorplates added some perk to the Weapon Techniques (Northern / Southern) that would probably make them stand out more since 99% of your combat is just based on the weapons you use, rather than the Valorplate.

Eh the game has a crazy amount of customization to your individual - im only level 5 so i havent even opened up much but just the 2-3 points i have to spend will have me looking over the 20+ advancement options.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh the game has a crazy amount of customization to your individual - im only level 5 so i havent even opened up much but just the 2-3 points i have to spend will have me looking over the 20+ advancement options.
You misunderstand. Every Valorplate has access to the same set of Skills, so that only differentiates your own playstyle, not the Valorplates. The Augment system might appear to make the Valorplates more unique, but that only really comes from the Augments you get and can use for any of the Valorplates. Use the same weapon on any Valorplate and you'll be basically be playing the exact same way, only exception to this that I've seen has been with the Armistice Valorplate with its Breach dmg perk which seems more effective than any other.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Each Valorplate has unique stats, buffs, Archon abilities, and augment affinity slots, but I do agree that they should have tied the combat flow to unique Valorplate abilities vs. weapons. Combat is fun in that it kind of feels like God of War with less impressive animations.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The graphics I honestly had to turn everything down. It was too much. This is also one game where you REALLY want Gsync.

Medium/high settings. 17 7700K 32Gigs and @3840x1200 with a 1080ti. Averaging around 85FPS. I do dip into 60FPS.

Have run into just two bugs, neither game breaking.

You misunderstand. Every Valorplate has access to the same set of Skills, so that only differentiates your own playstyle, not the Valorplates. The Augment system might appear to make the Valorplates more unique, but that only really comes from the Augments you get and can use for any of the Valorplates. Use the same weapon on any Valorplate and you'll be basically be playing the exact same way, only exception to this that I've seen has been with the Armistice Valorplate with its Breach dmg perk which seems more effective than any other.

This is true. The plates don't really matter outside the passive and the archon fury. They all play the same. Just what stats are you looking to stack upon. Good thing with sooo many options game is fun to even just putz with the builds. I'm going shatter/breach and hammer. Pretty much easy mode.

Anyway got to level 23.

Already have a few legendry weapons and gear.

About that water boss? Yeah, you're going to scream. Let me know when you guys are ready to how I had to kill him. :cool:

Things I hate:

Enemies have too many cheesy mechanics.
Running the same environments over and over.
Lack of meaningful diversity in the valor plates.
Can't skip story dialogue.
Lack of explanation on skills and stuff.
I went to the training area to figure out what everything does.

Things I like:

Game is fun.
Combat gets better as you figure out the game and get more skills.
Story isn't horrid.
Antagonist isn't a goody goody.
The amount of customization for your combat style is cool.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Codex section pretty much explains every aspect of the game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So what is this game most closely like? ie Destiny? War frame? Anthem? I’m debating picking it up after I get through Astro and demon souls.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Brand new game and isn't even in the top 40 games on Twitch by viewers. The subreddit has a handful of people and most posts are negative. Not looking good.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Reminds me of the game "Too Human" which was supposed to be a mega game but ended up flopping. I think the game turned out well, but was really buggy or something. A D3 loot-style, future-viking, slashem up. I never played, but I had heard they were going to make a sequel and "fix it", but alas don't think that will happen.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Reminds me of the game "Too Human" which was supposed to be a mega game but ended up flopping. I think the game turned out well, but was really buggy or something. A D3 loot-style, future-viking, slashem up. I never played, but I had heard they were going to make a sequel and "fix it", but alas don't think that will happen.

I loved Too Human. It's a shame the developer was completely retarded and went under due to incompetence.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I've been doing the 'spirit realm' endgame stuff. It has the usual oportunities for cool synergies which result in good natured cussing when the RNG doesn't give you the bits and bobs you need.