Godfall

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Just picked this up hoping for an anthem style looter slasher (I played interceptor exclusively so pure melee is fine for me) except without broken pointless itemization and scaling like Anthem had at release (where stats did nothing and it was better to just unequip everything to deal more damage) annnnnnnnnnnd there's no fucking jump button.

Yeah I get it I wasn't expecting to be able to fly around and shit exploring a fully 3 dimensional world, but come on. A damn tree branch on the ground prevents me from walking? oh no there's a small pebble here, gotta go back around the other way, and get lost cus there's no map (or atleast i can't find it)

I hate games that don't even let you jump.

Theres an action key that lets you climb or basically teleport from 1 platform to another but only when they specifically allow you to do so.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Gotten as far as I can with the exalted climb. Up to 56. Too much to dodge and dps at the same time. Need a second person. Anyone?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Most of what he is saying is just wrong. Combat is fine. Graphics are fine. It's not clunky once you get higher up.

Boss fights being extremely corny is the one thing he does get right though. MELE looter with clearly bad ranged mechanics for enemies with little to no way to counter other than strafing in closer.

Valplates are pretty much the same with slots and your super power being different is all.

They fixed a few blatant obvious menu issues. Fixed the loot tables.

What will kill this is NO MATCHMAKING! This needs to be fixed now or game is deader than dead. I'm still playing though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Most of what he is saying is just wrong. Combat is fine. Graphics are fine. It's not clunky once you get higher up.

Boss fights being extremely corny is the one thing he does get right though. MELE looter with clearly bad ranged mechanics for enemies with little to no way to counter other than strafing in closer.

Valplates are pretty much the same with slots and your super power being different is all.

They fixed a few blatant obvious menu issues. Fixed the loot tables.

What will kill this is NO MATCHMAKING! This needs to be fixed now or game is deader than dead. I'm still playing though.
Does it freeze for a fraction of a second after most kills like it does in his video? There’s no way I could play that if that’s the way it is.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Does it freeze for a fraction of a second after most kills like it does in his video? There’s no way I could play that if that’s the way it is.

Nah. Never hitches for me. He is right about the over done particles though. I had to tone it down.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone getting back into this w/ the big update? Valheim is consuming all my time or I'd probably pick it up.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
until they add matchmaking I won’t even consider buying

Ya. Don't bother like you said. They listened to everyone's gripes, and fixed damn near everything wrong with the game...except the fuckin match making.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
When it's half price or less I may get it for my kids and I. It looked like it had so much potential.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm waiting for a huge sale on this, for all of it's fault short campaign it still looks fun to me but not at full price.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Paid expansion for this dropped. Clowns still asking full price for base though.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Better late than never?

Nah its way the fuck too late.

Man I want to agree with you. But the combat is top notch, AND they fixed every damn issue the game had. I'm going to give it a shot. Might not buy the expansion immediately though.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, they've added more of the same, and in Godfall's case more is good.

Haven't tried the new end game mode yet, going to play through the story and get re-familiar with my build and all that jazz first.

Tons of valor plate variants to unlock, wish there were more actual new ones in addition to these.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Anyone that's still interested in Godfall...

There is now the Challenger Edition. Free multiplayer. Free max character. All the multiplayer modes. THEY ADDED MATCHMAKER a while back.

Last edited: