Godzilla (2014)

Fazana_sl

shitlord
This probably won't stay up long, sadly the better quality one I saw earlier has already been taken down but this is footage from the Godzilla Encounter exhibit they were running during Comic-Con. Would have been worth a look!

The Godzilla CGI is NOT the final design, it was concept stuff they utilised for this.

Edit : VVV Oh absolutely! The actual film won't have to have the big fella lumbering quite as slowly either. Before I get slapped I'm not asking for Godzilla to outsprint helicopters though >.<

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty cool.

I didn't realize people actually go through the trouble to hide a video camera so they can record stuff at comic con of all places..

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they showed dead bodies, that probably indicates this isnt going to be a "fun" godzilla movie. gritty godzilla and he will most likely die at the end. i dunno if they are disguising bad CGI with all that smoke or they just want to save the big reveal for later trailers. looks ok, for a gritty godzilla.

Juvarisx

Florida
They wont want to show clear shots of Godzilla in a teaser, chances are its likely not completly finished in post

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
they showed dead bodies, that probably indicates this isnt going to be a "fun" godzilla movie. gritty godzilla and he will most likely die at the end. i dunno if they are disguising bad CGI with all that smoke or they just want to save the big reveal for later trailers. looks ok, for a gritty godzilla.
Jesus you're annoying.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Such perfect timing, we just finished watching Pacific Rim and logged on to RR to see a Godzilla trailer.

Is it next year yet? >.<

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Jesus you're annoying.
i know. i guess of course all those corpses could be from godzilla's monster opponent, if he has one or he could be the Man of Steel version of Godzilla.
smile.png

Jx3

Riddle me this...
No faggy Matthew Broderick. I just want Godzilla smash, Godzilla smash more, Godzilla Smash even more....The End.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
That looks like the description of the teaser that was shown at the Comic-Con before last...damn thing never leaked, but we did that that one vague shot of Godzilla's head roaring behind the smoke....if that is it (and I think it is) from 2012, then I'm not even sure if they had started primary filming and it was certainly long before post-production at the time. I'm still dying to see the trailer they showed at the most recent Comic-Con.

I think it is going to be fucking awesome. I'll confess to being a complete Godzilla nerd - the fan in me is looking forward to this movie more than any other movie in 2014 and it isn't even close.

Seriously, I think I"ve watched that about 10 times already haha, I can't wait.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Was just coming to post what the previous post said, that IS the 2012 Comic-con trailer so by the time the film comes out they'll have had another 18 months to play with the fx etc. That teaser looked amazing for how early in the production process it was. If I had one little quibble, I hope they play with the roar a little more and make it closer to what we are used to.

That flattened train and corpses just spilled around, jesus.

I hope Roland Emmerich is feeling even more ashamed of himself.

fucker_sl

shitlord
that was fucking beautiful. And by cgi point of view, the photorealism of the rumble and destroyed train was very very good. Nothing like the neon flashlight of Pacific Rim or the "dont focus on a destroyed element too long" like Man of Steel

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Holy Fuck Yes!!!! Dead bodies everywhere; crumbled cities - that's my kind of fucking Godzilla! Worst thing about previous remake wasn't Mathew B IMHO but the fact they made a ton of LITTLE FUCKING GODZILLAS. WTF? Godzilla: Unique. Big. Smash. How could you fuck that up?

P.S. Knew I could trust you guys to link to the trailer
smile.png