Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
IMAX tickets appear to have finally popped up for most locations just a little bit ago. Was able to refund all my digital screen tickets with a single click in the A-list app and grab IMAX instead. Go get em!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Secured tickets for Air And Space Smithsonian IMAX.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
7 days. Just 7 days. Maybe 6. Lost count.
Same music guru behind Battlestar Galacticas tracks.

Will you cry out of joy when Mothra’s wings create a vortex sucking up all the homeless people on skid row and dropping them into the Pacific? A few will splatter on the Hollywood sign too.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Gonna go see it no matter what but critics not loving it, 57% on RT now with 40 reviews. The 2014 movie by contrast is sitting at 75%. There is already a 2020 version in production, Godzilla vs. Kong i guess?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Saw this tonight at a press screening and really enjoyed it. There are some parts that needed a bit of extra trimming in the editing bay, but overall it's a fun film with truly stunning looking monsters. Definitely pay attention during the credits to all the news articles that get shown on the screen and yes there is a post-credits sequence.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The critics are Fags. This movie was gravy. Such epic details on all the monsters.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Many of the monster scenes do look like pictures suitable for framing. The craftsmanship that went into the composition of the shot is really exceptional. Unlike BayFormers I was able to appreciate the gargantuan majesty of what we were presented with and still able to follow the action without getting dizzy. Michael Bay could learn a lot from this.

The movie does have some flaws, there's no denying it, but those flaws do not include the monsters themselves so I really don't care as much.

I also want to know who the fuck is backing Monarch as they seem to have ludicrous resources and even manage to treat the U.S. Military like their bitch.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Is not owned by Toho. That said I'm surprised that either Warner Brothers hasn't gone after them to get the rights to use him for these movies and/or someone else hasn't scooped up the IP to do their own thang.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The same people that gave Last Jedi rave reviews are hating this movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
No. Fuck you, Katie Rife. I've read all I need to know about you. Seeing this asap

• 13Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 14 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It isn't just what I want from these movies, IT IS THE ONLY THING I WANT. I don't want your fucking terrible Hollywood writing and overuse of unnecessary exposition fucking up the movie. I just want beautiful effects as they fuck each other up.

• 6Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 10 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I had a thing to watch a free preview of this tonight, but I'm not able to because my wife has work. Oh well.