Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That and the "trick" to end the ocean battle were pretty cheesy writing. lol

The human parts were as dumb as expected. The Kong parts were kind of corny.

Godzilla is a fucking beast, though.

fris

Vyemm Raider
The story was a bit more confusing than godzilla King of the monsters. Seems like they had a story board full of ideas and just said fuck, put it all in. Instead if 1 little girl you're forced to care about, now there's 2. Of the 4 movies, this probability has the most distracting human part. Decent monster fighting, and that's all I was hoping for.

Action ranking
G:KK:GvKK:GKotM

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I really enjoyed it, it felt exactly like the old Godzilla/Mothra/etc monsters with infinitely better CGI. The fights looked great, the deaf girl was great and not annoying. Bobby Millie was a totally useless character, should have cut her part and put in another 5 minutes of Lance Reddick, its a crime that he is in the movie for only like 15 seconds. Apparently he had a bigger part but it was cut. Loved all the Hollow Earth stuff and hope they go back.

Every human did extremely stupid things but it got pretty funny, like you could cue up their next stupid move and they would do it. The adoptive mom should win some mom of the year awards for constantly putting her daughter in insane danger. Pacing was fantastic, only 1h45m (without credits) and it felt like it was constantly moving, never got bored.

The mexican corporate chick was crazy hot, she was in battle angel alita and baby driver too apparently

eiza-gonzalez-sexy-dress.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed it, it felt exactly like the old Godzilla/Mothra/etc monsters with infinitely better CGI. The fights looked great, the deaf girl was great and not annoying. Bobby Millie was a totally useless character, should have cut her part and put in another 5 minutes of Lance Reddick, its a crime that he is in the movie for only like 15 seconds. Apparently he had a bigger part but it was cut. Loved all the Hollow Earth stuff and hope they go back.

Every human did extremely stupid things but it got pretty funny, like you could cue up their next stupid move and they would do it. The adoptive mom should win some mom of the year awards for constantly putting her daughter in insane danger. Pacing was fantastic, only 1h45m (without credits) and it felt like it was constantly moving, never got bored.

The mexican corporate chick was crazy hot, she was in battle angel alita and baby driver too apparently

eiza-gonzalez-sexy-dress.jpg
Screenshot_2021-03-31 Eiza González.png

Yes, she is quite pretty.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Next time just cut out all the human stuff and give us 45 more minutes of kaiju action.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked it. It wasn't well written by any means, but if you are looking for monster fights it does the trick. If you are looking for a semi-decent story, you are going to be SOL. It's pretty terrible from that point of view.

I expect Blizzard/WoW to create an axe in honor of this movie though.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It was actually pretty good, and I was entertained a higher level than I expected given the tenor of the thread: Not to pick on Araxen, but it was way more "I liked it" than "If you are looking for a semi-decent story, you are going to be SOL"; It WAS a semi-decent story. Were there nits to pick? Sure. It was a decent enough story with some holes, the Legendary funding was obvious in places, the Junkie XL score was great; both his score and lots of other parts of the movie had a Tron 2010 vibe to it, which I was down with. The human stores weren't bad, time passed pretty quickly, all in all it was a good time at the theater. Some non-spoiler and some spoiler nit picks: I guess due to COVID IPic has limited their menu? Pre-COVID, the food was excellent and pricey; post COVID, they had a limited menu, half-ass food and still charged like a sit-down restaurant in a ball park. Seats are still the best, though. Sound was super loud.

Hollow Earth was amazing. I wish they hadn't destroyed Kong throne in this movie though. Why waste it like that?
WTF with the drilling a hole with atomic breath to Hollow Earth? So dumb. Just have an access in China and explain not using it to avoid Godzilla.
-A poster earlier mentioned not using the airlift at first; I get why, they didn't want to completely sedate him on the trip down.
-Kong mostly got owned; I guess they are playing to the Asian market with that but Kong looked like he was about the cry and the dropping the Axe first= Kong is the bitch. Would have been better for if the story ended a little more equally but Legendary.
-The apex/mecha/ghidora story was good
-the human stories were better than I expected; I didn't mind them at all, and honestly better than the most of these movies so far. Moved along at a good pace and didn't get in the way of the Kaiju at all; the Monsters were front and center the whole time. There were mentions of dead family members and then they moved right on, rather than making them the center of the movie with appearances by the monsters.
-For smart monkey, HANG ON THE AXE FFS. I Guess it was to make him using it in the finale that much better but come on. You went to the center of the earth to get it!
-Nice call back with the Skull Crawlers.
-"I would have loved to have heard the rest of that speech". /chef's kiss That dude was awesome comic relief/story mover, plus not a big enough role the Chinese won't hate him. I didn't recognize him but he was good. Also, Japanese CIO gets killed horribly, + double good for China.
-I didn't place Josh as the kid from DP2 but for the folks in this thread. He wasn't bad.
-MBB and Friday Night Lights were just in the movie to connect it to the G: KOTM. They had exact analogues in this movie. Those two groups never met on film.

• 1WTF

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Weak audio, hoping I got a bad version, the audio in the other Godzilla movies was awesome.

• 2Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The hollow earth bit was super cool looking. Wish they had just spent the remainder of the film there.

There wasn’t as much kick ass fights as the second film but I think overall I dug it a bit more. Cant say why though.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There was some dumb shit plot point I wanted to post about, but 15 minutes later I don't even give a fuck. Something something hollow earth? What? So fucking dumb. Yadda yadda, dumb human bullshit, I feel bad for your career having to say these lines, blah blah, we're all gonna die, who cares. Where's the shit blowing up?

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Weak audio, hoping I got a bad version, the audio in the other Godzilla movies was awesome.
yeah i had that version, but i watched it with the VLC player and their volume goes up to 200% so i was able to make everything out.

it was alright. it would have been awesome if it was all kaiju fights. it had a terrible human story as expected, though the black dude was pretty cool, the Ricardo Montalban guy was fucking cool and his daughter was a total smokeshow. why the homely girl got all the lines i have no idea. and yeah, homely girl was the fucking mom of the year. looked like she was hoping the little girl would get squished every time she let her go out there. ive been watching Godzilla movies for 45 years and this one was middle of the pack. kinda lame we got no hint at what the next movie is gonna be, now i know why nobody @ me. my popcorn came out awesome at least.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh and i gotta add, Hollow Earth was the tits, Kong even had a We Wuz Kangz moment. i laughed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The human part of this movie is making me want to throw up. It's so self aware in an offensive manner. Bernie Sanders. Fuck right off. Not even 35 minutes in and I'm annoyed at how dumb the human part has been. And agregious. Make it stop. And make the monster part start. Please, yes, make the monsters fight, fuck, anything to make these stupid idiot humans stop making these dumb fucking lines.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
"Dump the fucking monkey" hahahahhaabahahahababa OK I'm dead that's the best line I've heard in ages.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
"Dump the fucking monkey" hahahahhaabahahahababa OK I'm dead that's the best line I've heard in ages.
smokeshow chick was saying what we were all thinking, very disappointed they didnt give her more to do. looked like they left everything up to team Scooby Doo.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
OK so I don't care about spoilering spoilers. They ass raped the mythos with this movie. They full on Sci fi the fuck out of it with glowy space engines and the plot is all over the God damn place. This movie makes noooo fucking sense. It's almost dumb enough to be campy. Almost.

Smoke show keeps showing up, and it's funny I even know what folks are talking about. Does she even have lines? She has no purpose but keeps showing up....

Can that stupid Asian kid die horribly, please?

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Awww Kong smashes smoke show, then stupid black guy takes pictures on a flip phone and says "going viral". Fucking staaawp. There is far too much stupid human bullshit. OK.

Kong v Zilla fight

BRB.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They could have done the Kong v Zilla fight waaaay slowed down to make more sense physically, and cut out 90% of the stupid human bullshit with the same run time.