Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
It was good. I mean what would have made it better? Fights were cool. Human acting was fine and mostly comic relief. Best movie to hit theaters in a long time. Was fairly busy at the theater too I hope this has a strong box office and gets movies releasing again.

I would say if you are on the fence just go see it. It isn’t some high form of art but I feel like the theaters really need support before studios decide to only stream shut.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I enjoyed it, stil enjoyed Shin Gojira more, just because it shows how fucked up bureaucratic governments would have to function in a crisis to an environmental, biological, electrical, and etc disaster. Shin Gojira used the old soundtracks too, so much nostalgia when watching that movie. Hopefully, we can get another Toho only Godzilla movie soon. KRA!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Taking 20mins+ out of the human scenes would have made this more enjoyable.

Start with the kids

Nearly killed the movie for me if it wasn't for the amazing 2nd and 3rd act. Focusing on just 1 or 2 human story arcs would have been infinitely better. Hopefully the human element is universally panned and they cut 30 minutes of trash character building next time.

Thank god the 3rd act melted face.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
This movie supposedly cost roughly the same to make as King of the Monsters, but has less human time. Its also looking like it will do way better at the box office. They need to ditch the human drama nonsense and keep it light.

The military type stuff is great, and they should focus on things like that, instead of dealing with family drama. Survival type stuff is good too, where buildings are crumbling and you're watching people struggle to get out of it through broken stairways and fires.

• 3Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed it, stil enjoyed Shin Gojira more, just because it shows how fucked up bureaucratic governments would have to function in a crisis to an environmental, biological, electrical, and etc disaster. Shin Gojira used the old soundtracks too, so much nostalgia when watching that movie. Hopefully, we can get another Toho only Godzilla movie soon. KRA!

I’m holding out hope for a real Godzilla vs Ultraman now that Hideaki Anno’s done Godzilla and Ultraman for Toho.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
A missing Godzilla back spine/spike would have helped with Kongs battle axe story. Silly shit but a cool monster movie.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I’m holding out hope for a real Godzilla vs Ultraman now that Hideaki Anno’s done Godzilla and Ultraman for Toho.

Sign me the fuck up for Ultraman.

As dumb as this movie is, I really, really appreciate that it exists.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ultraman always freaked me out, for some reason in chinese he's translated as "no-face superman"

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Verizon just shut service off to one of my older phones, stating they won't serve any phone that doesn't have 3G. I balked.

Whether this is because its a fleet phone as part of a corporate package or not, wasn't specified to me. They offered to ship me a new phone in the initial call.

As in, they called me to say "Hey, we're cancelling a phone of yours and disabling the number, leaving it unassigned because we're cancelling service to a device you bought with us that you are under contract for with us, do you want us to mail you a new phone for free that we'll give service and hold up our end of the deal?" I was heated (understatement). I said continue service on the existing phone-- they said not possible. I rejected them mailing a new phone in protest. I said I like my phone and swore I'd talk to superiors and straighten it out. 6 months later after my protest, I sort of wish I had accepted that offer. The number is still assigned to the dead phone (I have 2 other lines, so not exactly hurting, but this other number was from my teen years so its personal to me). I haven't gone through the process of getting that number reassigned to a new 3G piece of shit yet.

So forced 3G for Verizon. Wonder if other carriers are following suit.
They are doing it to clear bandwidth for IOT devices that can function on the 2g band.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
then we can learn the differences between Ultraman and Jet Jaguar
God, I'd love to see the next movie include Jet Jaguar, and play the whole thing straight. Bonus points if they include the theme song.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Another thing I noticed that was a bit disappointing is that the movie suffers from the same camera movement issues that Pacific Rim Uprising suffered from. During the monster battles, there were these massive, sweeping camera moves that would've been impossible in the real world. Instead of the low POV angles of the first couple movies, there are these videogame type shots at eye level with the monsters that cover way too much ground in a short span of time. That - along with the speed at which the monsters now move - completely destroys any sense of scale. You just get two monsters fighting instead of two giant monsters fighting. CG camera moves need to be grounded in real life

• 3Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Like mentioned in the RLM review, the 2014 Godzilla did that shit proper. From a ground perspective. The only time that happens in this one is when shit is falling down on the viewer and lasts about 2.64367 seconds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
Another thing I noticed that was a bit disappointing is that the movie suffers from the same camera movement issues that Pacific Rim Uprising suffered from. During the monster battles, there were these massive, sweeping camera moves that would've been impossible in the real world. Instead of the low POV angles of the first couple movies, there are these videogame type shots at eye level with the monsters that cover way too much ground in a short span of time. That - along with the speed at which the monsters now move - completely destroys any sense of scale. You just get two monsters fighting instead of two giant monsters fighting. CG camera moves need to be grounded in real life

Yep. This is probably my biggest issue with the film.