Going to College as an Adult

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Lol 60% of my Operating Systems class got a D or below on the first test which means they all failed and probably will fail the rest. Turning what should be a case study and hands on programming class into rote memorization garbage is a travesty but the professor doesnt care. He said he is an adjunct, the college doesnt pay him enough and so he doesnt care and to deal with it. Sure glad the college hired a bunch of administrators instead of paying the adjuncts more. Oh well, I got the second highest grade in class with a spicy 89 lol.
Os was one the hardest classes for me. We had to do a Nachos implementation and it was really hard.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Had my first lab meeting of the summer yesterday and it was kind of disappointing. Professor wants to put together a web tool which offers various bioinformatics tools. Basically he wants me to implement deep learning models from research papers. Such web tools are very common in bioinformatics but I dont give a shit about implementation of tools and was under the impression that I would be doing more exploratory work. Doubt I will stay in this lab too long without any actual research going on. (Professor also has no idea about software development practices (he is a biologist), and honestly neither do I, so this will end up a shit show)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I got to go to my first autopsy this morning. I already had plans to meet my brother at a place called "Jim's Rib Haven" at noon for lunch. Overnight a kid shot his dad 7 times. I told a guy at work that I was meeting my brother for BBQ and he was welcome to join us but he said he was busy.

After lunch I head back to work. I saw the guy and he asked me something. I assumed it was "how was the bbq place" so I said "the ribs weren't great but the peach cobbler was amazing!" and he gives me a really weird look. It turns out he knew I had gone to my first autopsy and was asking me how the autopsy was.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Quit the lab. The PI wants someone to write software and I dont give a fuck about that. Time to find someone doing actual research.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
My final case is a SWOT analysis of Tesla vs Nissan.
Ha.
Haha.
Hahaha.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
.....Nissan?

Your paper should be a one liner:

Stonks go up. Stonks dont lie. Tesla to the moon on a cum rocket.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
And.... I'm done. Turned in my final case study. I needed 10 points out of 35 possible to pass the class. Of those 35 I get 11.5 for adhering to the page limits and using proper APA formatting on the references. So basically I could have written pages of meaningless garbage as I don't need the 70% of the score that is for content. That is why you always bank the easy points like discussion posts and shit. Baring a divorce I doubt my wife is going to allow me to get a 5th degree so this is probably the end of the road for my college adventures. Sort of bittersweet.
Congrats.

Me? Since a vaccine has been approved it looks like I found God in order to go forward.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So today, our online post portion of the class was to talk about todays culture and how it fits. I went on a rant about how liberalism is destroying the world. I'm just tired of all this liberal college bullshit being shoved down my throat.

Xarpolis said:
What's my 10? Racist liberals.

Ok, that topic's an attention getter. But here's my post none the less.
Reading the Value of Humanities section at the start of this week, it put a few things in perspectives for me. The news and Youtube bloggers are full of extremely liberal publishers. Last year, many of these same liberals stated just how bad requiring voter ID really was. Yet if you look at the people who are against it, you see liberal white people who say voting ID is wrong because some people (read: Black people) can't get proper ID. It is such a nonsensical statement. Everyone, regardless of color, has the ability to get proper identification. It's a requirement for ALL aspects of life. Bank accounts, rent or mortgages, buying alcohol... why would something as important as voting be ANY more difficult to provide ID for? And every time I see any racism at all these days, it isn't the old KKK-style variety. It's subtle racism from liberals, just claiming that a certain race of people aren't able to do things because they are that certain race. It's pathetic.
Social Justice as a whole might have started off as a great thing, but it's evolved into a horror show of everyone being a victim, and this victim mentality saying one victim is more important than another victim because of this other victim reason. It drives up an important meme that I've seen many times.
Hard Times Create Strong Men: TheRightCantMeme 673 × 960
It is such a truthful meme, and we're going through the final phase of it right now. Another thing that we've seen is just how the political demographics change every generation. Most children want to be the opposite of their parents. That's why republican parents tend to have liberal (read: democratic) children. At the same time, the current group of young people in elementary school are leaning much more conservative in nature. The reason seems to be because their parents and teachers are disproportionately liberal, so the current anti establishment ideology is to become conservative. It gives me great hope for our future, after seeing the current state of affairs in America.
As far as the value of human creativity, that's great. The ability to look at a problem of any type and see a different type of solution to fixing it. Something that not everyone else will see. That's my own problem. I've always done things that just require hard work. Any time I encounter an issue, I do the work to resolve it. As a result, I don't "thick outside the box" at all, which is something I really need to get better at. A strange example of that is accordian doors. Where I live, there's a 10 foot long accordion door that came with the building. Inside of each section of the door is a series of hooked springs that are used to connect each section together. When we began renting this apartment (housing prices in Hawaii are astronomical, like Silicon Valley, one of the door sections had come undone and I didn't have a way to grab the spring hook. It was way too deep in the door for me to reach with needle nose pliers, and using one of those grabber arm things didn't work either, as the claw wasn't strong enough to overcome the spring. I fought with this for a couple of days, unable to pry it out. Then I asked a friend of mine who does construction for advice, and his answer was beautiful in the simplicity... some out of the box thinking that I just didn't have in my head. His answer was to make a loop with fishing line, put it in the hole and wiggle it onto the hook, and then pull it out. His method was so easy and so successful. I'm an idiot for not thinking of it myself.
Anyway, that's some pretty good human creativity in action. But aside from that, "most" women (at least the ones that I interact with) tend to be creative. They'll go into a store and see some random anything on a shelf, and know that it would be a perfect accent piece for a room. I'm a very by the book type of person. I like things for their intended purpose, but I don't really think beyond that point. As such, my own room is very authoritarian, and it's been that way since I was a child. Everything has its place, and that's where it goes. The underwear and socks go in the top drawer. Why would your shorts go up there? Anyway, you see my room, and it looks like any empty hotel room. I don't need decoration. Once my wife entered the picture, suddenly it has a lived in vibe. Things I never would have imagined are breathing life into a boring place that I was fine with before. It is impressive the difference that some esthetics make.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I doubt any of the other people in the class have the courage to post their "real" opinions about anything I said. They'll just talk about the accordion door thing, pretending they didn't see what was ahead of it.

Here's an example of what was already posted...

posts.png

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I was at work all day today, and didn't see any updated messages about the topic. Turns out the teacher (liberal snowflake) deleted my post. Oh well, I got credit for posting it at least.

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users